You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Grandma Stories

Real Ghost Stories

Grandma Stories

 

This was a story narrated by my Grandma long back.

It made a huge impact on me that I remember it even after 15 years.

This happened to my Grandma's Father.

Generally there was a rumour in her days, a baby born with legs out (instead of head) has the ability to see unnatural things through out their life, like ghosts and all. Such people wear slippers off opposite leg (left to right and right to left) just to keep ghosts away (It was a rumour as told by my grandma).

So my grandma's father used to work in a field during late nights and used to return home by 10pm approx.

So this particular day he finished his work and took/placed a bunch of dry grass on head and started home.

The route was like this. The fields were out side their village. And to enter the village they need to cross a small path of graveyard alongside a river, then a temple and the village starts.

So he reached this path alongside the river and suddenly the weight of grass increased, as if someone sat on it.

He also felt that someone sat on it.

He suddenly changed his slippers from right to left.

With stumbling voice he asked who is it?

He heard a female voice.

He felt afraid and asked what she wants and why she sat on the grass.

She said if he throws grass away she will kill him, also she asked him to marry her as she was alone from long time.

She told she will give all the stuff he needs for a better life.

By the time he reached the temple. He threw the grass aside and entered the temple.

He saw a middle aged woman who a very angry at him and started shouting.

She demanded him to marry her or else she will kill him.

He stayed in the temple until morning.

He told the story to his family, they did some pooja later.

It got disappeared later.

Sorry for any grammatical errors. I used to imagine this in my childhood, so I remember it until now. I didn't thought about the genuineness though.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dilip506, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Meghana23 (3 stories) (32 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-09-24)
Ohoooo sare inka ilantivi share chestu undu... Its nice to have a person from telugu speaking
dilip506 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-09-21)
ante telugulo inka baaga rasevanni... English kada kasta limited version lo sardipettesa
Meghana23 (3 stories) (32 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-09-21)
Inka konchem informarion ichi unte bagundedhi... But your story is awesome... Na chinnapati nundi ilantivi konni vinna.
dilip506 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-09-21)
Yes am from Adilabad, Telangana. I don't know the lady name.
Meghana23 (3 stories) (32 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-09-20)
Hi...are you from Andhra Pradesh?
Its nice to read your story... The belief you told, I heard it also... May be it correct... You know who is that lady?
dilip506 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-09-19)
Hi Melda, I don't think switching slippers from one foot to other require high effort. The hay doesn't weigh more than a Kg or 2. Anyways I wrote what I heard
dilip506 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-09-19)
Thanks all.
Firstly this was a story narrated by my Grandma, so I wrote what I heard. We used to love those stories in childhood.
Pooja is a form of Prayer done by Hindus
echosmithrocks (16 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-09-19)
Hello dilip! It's cool to learn some new things about different cultures. COuld you explain what "pooja? Is? 😕
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-09-18)
Let me dispel that rumor for you right now dilip. I was born breech, feet first, and I don't see any more and probably a lot less "unnatural" things than most people here do.

I'm with Melda and the rest with this one. Don't need to say anymore but thanks for sharing.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-09-17)
Hi, Dilip.

This is an interesting story. I agree, things seem to be missing, but at least it is not embellished with silly details. You told us what you recall from hearing the narrative from many years ago, and I appreciate that.
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-09-17)
I think the OP is unsure about this story. There are a lot of things that are "questionable" in this account but still, thanks for sharing.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-16)
lady-glow - You really shouldn't say things like that, you know. I should be in bed having nightmares instead of sitting here giggling 😊

Regards, Melda
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-09-16)
🤔 Question. How did your great-grandfather manage to switch his sleepers on his feet without dropping the hay and the woman balancing on his head?
Anyway, I guess he was a very strong man or the woman was very skinny.

Thanks for sharing.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-16)
dilip506 - I find it interesting that the belief was that if a child was born feet first they wore slippers on the "wrong" feet, that is the right one on the left foot and the left one on the right foot, to keep ghosts away! I've never heard that before.

I don't like to be negative but I find the rest of the story a bit difficult to accept. Judging by your last sentence, I get the impression that you aren't quite sure of the truth of it yourself.

Just my opinion.

Regards, Melda

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: