You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Lady In The White Gown

Real Ghost Stories

The Lady In The White Gown

 

When I was 15 or 16, my mom and step father got a divorce. We moved into our new house after all the creepy things that had happened with the past two houses. 7 years passed, and everything has been wonderful.

Until the night I woke up to a lady in a gorgeous white gown, with hazel eyes, brown hair and skin as white as snow. She was beautiful. But when I woke up, I saw her standing in my doorway. I was absolutely frightened by what I was seeing! I tried to scream and cry for my mum but it wouldn't come out. I was frozen as a statue and beyond scared.

She noticed how scared I was and she started walking towards my bed. I asked her not to harm me, and as she sits on my bed, she touches my hands and says "do not be frightened child. I won't harm you. I'm here to watch over you."

I look at her amazed and asked "what is your name?" She replied with "Layla". I asked her why she was watching over me, and she said she had seen what I was going through with all the bad energy and spirits in the past two houses, that she wanted to be there to make sure I wouldn't get harmed. I thanked her for being here and watching over me and my family.

A few nights after, I go to my room upstairs and she says "I have something for you." I asked what it was and she sat me down and walked into my sister's room and says "I thought you would like to see your grandfather." I cried (silently) but harder then you could imagine. She told me to lay down and rest after a hard day of school.

That night, I felt the touch of a warm hand. I knew it was my grandfather because no matter what, dead or alive, he has always had a warm touch to him. The gentle touch and warmth of his hands was kind of frightening but also so comforting. After a few weeks, they both said goodbye and they will one day be back again.

That's the story of the night I saw the lady in the white gown (along with the visit of my dead grandfather <3)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jadeledroit2000, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-10-03)
I don't know. The age doesn't seem to fit as Rook pointed out. My question is (and maybe it's because I'm from Long Island and people insist I have a Brooklyn accent) but who in the U.S. Calls their mother mum unless they immigrated from Europe. In my section of the world mothers are called ma,mother,mom,mommy,or the moniker I got stuck with,mama. My dogs, 5 Malamutes (3 8 month old pups) and you know how they vocalize, call me mama.

Again as Rook pointed out. Why did the lady wait for 7 years to show up. Didn't you give her directions to your new house?

I'm sorry if I sound blunt,it's all really in jest but I really don't get the age you are. Welcome to Y.G.S. 😁

Red
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-10-03)
Riddle me this if the O/P is a teenager when "...mom and step father got a divorce." and they "...moved into our new house after all the creepy things that had happened with the past two houses." and "7 years passed, and everything has been wonderful."

Doesn't the following math apply?

15+7= 22

16+7= 23

All that aside my gut is telling me the Lady in White may have been a dream... One that felt very real. As far as the O/P's Grandfather visiting...it's possible... However Both of these 'manifestations' could have been part of the O/P'S coping mechanism 'kicking in' after feeling safe and protected for 7 years. Without details from 'the old houses' and even more concerning these 'experiences' it is hard to say just what the experience may have been. Either way the Lady in White and 'Grandpa' seemed to have had a calming/comforting effect on/for the O/P and that's not a bad thing.

Respectfully,

Rook
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-01)
L_Melb: no problem about the vote, glad to know I'm not the only one saying "Huh, really?" after reading this story.
L_Melb (220 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-01)
Grrrr lady-glow I tried voting for you but all that happens is I'm told to vote for someone else...
L_Melb (220 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-10-01)
Hate to sound cynical (who me? 😁) however this sounds too "romantic" to me.
A bit too good to be true - if only life was like this!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-09-30)
"...I tried to scream and cry for my mum but it wouldn't come out. I was frozen as a statue and beyond scared..."
"... I asked her not to harm me, and as she sits on my bed, she touches my hands and says "do not be frightened child. I won't harm you. I'm here to watch over you."

Did you talk to her in your mind or did you recover your speech?
Do you have any idea as for why Layla came to help when everything was fine instead of helping during the difficult times in the previous two houses? Your narrative suggests that she was around but didn't try to contact you.
It would be interesting to know what happened in the previous houses.

"A few nights after, I go to my room upstairs and she says "I have something for you." I asked what it was and she sat me down and walked into my sister's room and says "I thought you would like to see your grandfather."

Was she shouting to you from your sister's room? If so, did any one else hear her?

I find your narrative a little confusing, it is not clear if all these events happened in just one night or in several days.

Anyway, it's nice to 'see' your grandfather again.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: