You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Beautiful Lady In White

Real Ghost Stories

The Beautiful Lady In White

 

I had been visiting the Queen Mary in long beach frequently. My girlfriend at the time was an entertainer and we use to go to their cocktail lodge after her performances. This was back in 1984/85. I've wanted to share this story for many many years. It wasn't until years later when I was watching a tv show about paranormal activity that I realized what had happened.

My Girlfriend and I were sitting in the cocktail lounge by a large piano. It was late. I remember a Woman in a beautiful white dress with lace coming around the left corner to our table. This was by a wall partition. The woman in a ornate white dress stood directly in front of us. Didn't say a word. She was very beautiful and brunette.

I surmised she was there to take our order. I went and told her what we wanted and she continued to stand in front of our table. I commented to her that she was a good server because she didn't have to write the order down. I commented to her how beautiful her dress was and she smiled at me. She then turned away behind the partition and left. I took particular attention in the way in which she left. It was graceful, as if she was floating. I made the comment to my Girlfriend how milky white her skin was. About a few minutes later a waitress came to our table and I told her I'd already given my order to the lady in the white dress. She just looked at me stunned. I'll never forget it.

It wasn't until years later that I heard about the Lady In White Dress on the Queen Mary. She was there. I met her. She didn't walk away. She floated away. This really happened and I wanted to share this.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cappy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Kest (12 stories) (55 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-04-21)
I love the Queen Mary. I stayed on it and toured it a couple of years ago and it's an experience I will never forget. We didn't have anything happen on our visit. I was worried since my youngest daughter and I seem to be quite sensitive. I know the exact area you are talking about and what an amazing experience!
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-04-21)
Hi Cappy, welcome to YGS. A nice encounter without any creepiness. That makes the sighting interesting. As lady-glow said it gives more credence to your narrative.

Just a question. What was the reply from the other waitress? Did she give any information besides being stunned?

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Cappy (1 stories) (1 posts)
+9
4 years ago (2020-04-19)
Thank you all for your kind words. And yes, my lady friend saw the lady in white. I tried to remember as much as I could about the white dress and her hair style. It's been so long.
My girlfriend was perturbed when I mentioned her white milky skin and how beautiful she was.
In retrospect, it was a calming experience. I'll never forget the way she left. She was majestic and she floated away.
This visit was located by the Grand piano. She never said a word. Just stood there looking at me. Never acknowledged the drink order. But she did smile when I mentioned how beautiful her dress was.
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-04-19)
Outstanding! I have to re-ask the same question from lady-glow: Did your friend also see the lady? There are so many programs on TV that cover the Haunted Queen Mary. As I understand it, you are in a small and privileged group - only a few people have seen the White Lady. I really enjoyed this story!
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-04-19)
Hi Cappy,

Thanks heaps for sharing your cooler than cool encounter. Do you remember what the paranormal show was you saw? I assume someone on the show reported seeing the same woman.
As far as ghost encounters go it doesn't get any better. You're lucky you didn't know at the time she was a ghost, or it might have been too much to handle.

Brilliant stuff!
Alina5 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-04-17)
Hello Cappy,

To be honest my words are well described my other posters below.

It was pleasing to approach a story narrating a different encounter contradicting our usual opinions on the paranormal, though with the same enthralling mystery which leaves us curious to learn more.

Thanks for sharing.

Wish you the best!

Peace
VeronicaMarie (5 stories) (106 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-04-17)
Hi, Cappy...

Such an intriguing story. It got me curious enough to look up the Queen Mary's ghosts. Partly because coincidentally I was in Long Beach in 1985 too, visiting my brother who lives there, and we toured the Queen Mary. What is so interesting is that when looking it up just now, I read that a grand piano on the ship is actually called the White Lady's grand piano. So it seems to me that it is highly likely that was who you saw. I am envious! I had no intriguing thing like that happen when touring the ship, but then again, I had a nine-month-old baby at the time, so was probably too concerned with the state of his diaper to notice much else. 😐

Thanks for sharing your amazing encounter.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-04-17)
Welcome to YGS.

Did your girlfriend see the lady too? If so, did she get upset at you after mentioning the lady's milky skin? (just kidding!)

This was a nice encounter, though not a scary one, still a strong proof of the existence of another realm of which, some times, we are allowed to have a glimpse.

Thanks for sharing.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-04-17)
My phone auto corrected your name Cappy - please forgive me. 🙄
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-04-17)
Hello Happy and welcome to YGS,

That's a wonderful experience! Did she ever say anything while she was there? It makes me happy to hear of a spirit that was pleased by compliments.

- Maria

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: