You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: An Encounter With Monkey Man

Real Ghost Stories

An Encounter With Monkey Man

 

Although people have called the happenings around 'Monkey Man' of 2001 a case of mass hysteria, I would like to disagree by narrating the story of my true encounter with this beast.

I am Pranav Bhati. The year was 2001. I was living in Abu Road (Sirohi District, Rajasthan) at that time. I was in 2nd standard. My cousin sister's wedding was due in some days, and that particular day it was some little ceremony and only the household and few neighbors were present. It was evening time, around 9 PM, and I was busy playing hide and seek with my friends and cousins. We had rules in the game, like we all used to have - no one would hide outside, no one would go upstairs etc. But because one of my friends had earlier broken a rule, I decided that I would break another and go hide on the terrace, because 'if he can do it, why can't I?'. I never realized this was going to be a great mistake.

Our house was a two floor building; my uncle's family lived on the first floor while we lived on the ground floor. Our neighbour's house was only one floor, so their terrace was adjacent to the balcony of our first floor, with only an iron railing separating the two. But it was broken that day. I had this spirit of 'never being caught' and winning, like kids have. So I decided not just to hide upstairs, but to take it a step further and go and hide on our neighbor's terrace. I ran up, passed the broken railing and went to their terrace. I stood by the wall of our first floor, and took it's support while trying to catch my breath. The first strange thing I noticed was that this place was surprisingly quiet compared to our place which was just next door. An eerie silence and darkness prevailed there, the only light coming was that from our terrace, which had a lamp. The house was empty as all our neighbors were present at my house. I was feeling great about how I'd win this game again when I heard a cat purr, and then shriek.

I watched in shock as a huge shadow formed in front of me. I turned my head up in fear and that's when I saw it - a huge human-like monkey figure with long nails, sitting in a crouched position like a predator does when it's about to attack. My brain signaled me in a micro-second that I had to run for my life or I'll be dead. I ran as fast as I could, and the most scary part is I heard loud thuds following me, drawing close, and felt a breath on my neck before I finally jumped four steps at a time like a madman, hurting my legs in the process, and came down. As soon as I came down I was 'ice piced' (caught in the game), but game was completely out of mind after what I saw. I couldn't speak anything to anyone. The next day, a guy named Babu Lal who lived right in front of my house reported a monkey-man like creature on his terrace as well. After hearing that, I told them all about what happened to me, because then they believed me more as it was already confirmed by Babu Lal.

So why do I believe it wasn't hallucination and real? Because I was not scared or tense or nervous when I was hiding that night - I was actually happy that no one would be able to catch me. I had never even heard about Monkey-Man or that a creature like it existed before that incident. Babu Lal confirmed it first, and it was only after him that I revealed my encounter - two encounters around the same time in the same locality is no co-incidence. I know Monkey-Man was mostly reported in Delhi, but the thing I saw was a very similar supernatural beast, because no animal has nails that long, and surely no animal has a strikingly human like face. Whatever it was, it could have been my death.

I still get goosebumps by thinking about what would have happened if I had frozen in terror after seeing it on that terrace, or if the creature had caught me before I could come down.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Vikraal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

robo (15 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-02-05)
hi may be because human killing animal evolution to this thing to life, may be nature also change may change them. May be God play his rule 😉 😘 😠
Vikraal (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-01-26)
[at] Sheetal Yes, I was fortunate. Thanks for reading the story. 😁
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-01-13)
This is totally scary. I am glad that the thing didn't harmed you.
Vikraal (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-01-06)
[at] discurninguser Thanks for reading my story. I agree, ajonverge was too quick and wrong to judge my story as something ordinary and not supernatural. It was indeed a scary experience for me. Thanks for the support! 😁 😁
Vikraal (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-01-06)
[at] priya Yes it could have been either. Good thing is it didn't harm you. Thanks for reading my story.
discerninguser (6 stories) (82 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-31)
Vikraal A very interesting and spine chilling account of the fascinating monkey man phenomenon... I do believe you saw something supernatural... You weren't hallucinating... I find it funny that ajonverge who himself posted few of his experiences (which he expects people to believe) dismisses your account as hallucination... And somebody else claiming that it was a person playing a prank... I can't believe that so many people who saw the monkey man were hallucinating... Maybe some demon or extraterrestrial entity who came to our plane of existence... Science still doesn't has all the answers and there are lots of unsolved mysteries in the world... We should not dismiss such encounters as hallucinations or mass hysteria...
priya- (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-27)
such thing happened to me when I was younger; it was weird black cat. I still love cats except black ones. My granny said the cat which frightened me could be enchanted by someone practising black magic but now I think it could be suffering due to some disease. Don't know.
Vikraal (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-15)
[at] ajonverge Thanks for reading my story. The word 'hallucination' is used nowadays as if it was something as trivial as a headache. The mind is a very important element in every type of exercise, so understanding it is necessary. A hallucination occurs mostly either in the case of mental conditions like psychotic disorders, bipolar disorders etc., or they are drug induced. Other lesser popular reasons are withdrawal from sedatives and deprivation of food, sleep etc. It can be one of these or a mixture of these. When I experienced this thing, I did not fall under any of these conditions. There are other two types of experiential faults which are illusion and delusions, which is completely different stuff altogether and again, know that it wasn't either of them too. People should study and understand what they say completely. I've met many people who'd just say 'hallucination' to things that they don't believe is true or their rational mind is unable to comprehend.
ajonverge (6 stories) (84 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-13)
Also, have you played the game Far Cry 4? Let me kno if you laid hands on that beauty.
ajonverge (6 stories) (84 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-13)
Vikraal: its an interesting story. What I feel though is this could merely be a creation of your own mind. Monkey Man has been much hyped in Delhi and other northern parts. Like the ghost that snips womens hairs now. Just feels too funny to be true. I do believe that u believe u saw something. However, I'm confused about this. May just be a giant monkey itself or merely a hallucination. No offense bro. Peace and keep posting. Indians haven't been posting much I see. Would love to hear more stories/ experiences you may have heard/ gone through yourself.
Vikraal (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-13)
[at] publicways A man trying to scare me by getting to our roof by hiding from everyone's eyes, wearing that costume and then jumping down one floor, running behind me, then again escaping from everyone's view and going to another house to scare them around the same time? In the year that many people saw it? And when I already told you about my mental state? Yes, why not. You are so right. 😉
peteinesc (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-10)
Ever heard of Sasquatch? Chupacabra? Etc...
These "monkey men" are commonly seen all over the world by thousands of people.
publicways (32 posts)
-1
6 years ago (2017-12-10)
Why couldn't it have been a normal human trying to scare you? The nails could have been part of a costume. When scared, your brain works strangely - the long nails may just have been a distorted memory. It's MUCH more likely it was a person and not some supernatural creature
Alex_Beast (17 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-12-09)
I heard of the monkey king, but never of the monkey man. Maybe the Beast just wanted to scare you away, and it didn't like the idea of cheating in hide and seek. 😕
Vikraal (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-08)
[at] Blackmoonmage20 Thankyou for reading! And yes it is similar, but the monkey man isn't a part of the legends/myths or something even from history. It was just a mysterious one time thing.
Blackmoonmage20 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-07)
the way you describe the supernatural creature reminds me of what we call 'kapre' here in the philippines, thank you for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: