You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Cebu City Ghost Revisted

Real Ghost Stories

Cebu City Ghost Revisted

 

Cebu City has for some reason or another an open gate for paranormal experiences for myself; this is the second experience I encountered since the fall of 2016. See "Dragging on the ceiling" for previous experience on this site.

It was on November 15, 2017, that I checked into the Alicia Apartelle with my companion and guide, whom I will call Lydia. This is a 3 year-old building that acts as a hotel or apartment for students attending schools nearby. It is basically one room that encompasses a bedroom/dining area/ and kitchen all within a small 'L' shaped enclosure. The bathroom, with shower is next to the bedroom.

As far as paranormal activities, not much happened until December 4th. That's when I sat down at the small table to have supper. Lydia had just prepared several pieces of chicken and left it on the table. As I looked at the chicken that was fried, to the left of me, the plate started to move towards the center of the table. I thought, "Mmmm, strange, I'll remove the chicken to see if it repeats that". Before, doing that, I took the chicken and placed it on my large plate. I also checked to see if the plate (that held the chicken) was wet, or hot to cause any hovering effect, it was not. About 4 to 5 minutes later the same plate moved again! I summoned Lydia, "Come look at this... Just sit here a moment and watch". She did, and 2 minutes later the dish made another move! She then said she had something to tell me. "Oh great, I thought what is wrong now?". She proceeded to tell me that earlier that morning, while I was asleep, several objects flew off the table, below the television set; a sign that told the guest "No Smoking Allowed", and a menu, outlining what a person can order for breakfast. I believe it even cracked the "No Smoking" sign that was encased in a plastic holder. Another sign tipped over on the table. The signs that flew off the table made a 12 to 14 inch leap! This was no small feat! No droughts of wind were apparent, because the windows were closed, so were the curtains. The time was apparently 1:30 am of December 4th.

The following night at the same time 1:30 am December 5th. While I was on the computer and Lydia next to me, we noticed the drawer of the same table opened fully on its own! So we closed it and a minute later the drawer opened again!

We reported the happenings to the front-desk clerk and asked if anything of this nature had happened before. She said no, but told me about 4 days before the whole building was 'Blessed'. She also asked if we wanted to change rooms. I assured her that was not necessary, we are 'brave souls' as I chuckled under my breath.

Another interesting aspect to this story is that we stayed on room 518. There is no 4th floor, as some Asians, especially Chinese believe 4 means 'death' so they skipped calling that, the 4th floor and changed it to 5th. Theoretically, we were staying at 418, and if you believe in numbers 4+1+8= 13 or 1+3=4; so the room designated death!

We stayed there for another week before leaving to Manila where everything returned to normal.

Other hauntings by wwooghostsub

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, wwooghostsub, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-01-16)
wwoo - sorry, I'm having trouble following what you say.

"...I live in a house where there are in the past much activities going on. I report the activities to our provincial bureau a number of times and have had the stories published..."

Do you mean there's a department within the government of British Columbia that specializes in paranormal research? Have they investigated your house/s and published their findings? Were the stories published in a book or is it possible to read them online?

"... Our paranormal society had contact University of Edinburgh about the cases that I have encountered for a visit to my home in Canada..."

The same as above, - does the university count with a department of paranormal research? Or did the Canuck PS contact a paranormal group based at the university but not affiliated to them?

It sounds like you have had numerous paranormal experiences through your life, do you think something could have followed you to Cebu City or do you consider yourself to attract spirits?
Since you are not superstitious, what makes you think that the number 4 could have some relevance to this story?

I ask too many questions, don't I?

Anyway, I ❤ Vancouver!
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-01-15)
Well, this one is real conundrum and it begs the ancient philosophical question:

"Why did the chicken cross the dinner table?"
wwooghostsub (2 stories) (1 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-01-15)
In regards to lady-glow's query- I don't really feel much at all from this because I may be conditioned to spirits and poltergeist activities. I live in a house where there are in the past much activities going on. I report the activities to our provincial bureau a number of times and have had the stories published. Lydia, has also experienced different activities in her house (rented) in Ozamiz City. She is a stalwart individual, in all accounts, and she is not the type that would scream. I check all hotels before ever sending in my credit card number via Hotels.com. This place is relatively new and the girl (s) never had heard of any incidents. Finally, I am not a superstitious type, and neither is Lydia. I am a pharmacist (50+years) and believe in science. I believe I have some other sense that picks up on activities, on occasion, such as precognitive dreams.
As for Tweed's comments:
No it is not possible that the signs would be blown off. When we are cooking, we open the windows wide to air out the odour and never in the month that we stayed there did the signs blow off the table. The night that it "flew off", December 4th to be exact, the windows were closed. We close the windows every night because of safety and draft.
No, I am not superstitious of numbers at all. I worked 5 years with a company (Zellers Pharmacy) in store number 444. We stayed in the 4th floor in Manila, prior to arriving in Cebu. I have personally stayed on the 4th floor in Vancouver's Metrotown Holiday Inn for weeks on end. No 4 doesn't bother me at all.
Yes, the drawer is a roller type and I being very curious tested it to see if, in any way would open by a slight tug. The answer is no. I figured you need about an 8 ounce pull to open the drawer. The drawer never ever opened by itself, except on December 5 (1:30 am).
As I mentioned above, I have had a number of experiences with ghosts, and poltergeist activities. Our paranormal society had contact University of Edinburgh about the cases that I have encountered for a visit to my home in Canada. However, the University declined because they felt I have already disclosed the happenings to our society, and felt that the information was "contaminated", as they put it.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-01-15)
There're two points missing from your narrative:
- what you felt during the experience
- Lydia not screaming in terror when the objects flew off the table, -we women must scream, don't we? 😜

As for the number's meaning, well... Once a person is superstitious, they will believe whatever wrong to fulfill their feared expectations.

Have you read the reviews on the hotel? Has anyone reported something similar to your experience?
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-01-15)
This makes me want to watch Being John Malkovich again.

Is it possible the moving blankets, whilst in bed, blew the signs off the table? I mean hotel rooms are pretty cramped.

Ohhhh December 4th, 4 being superstitious to some. Eehh, yeah.
What kind of drawer was it? Modern roller style, push open?

I don't know about this.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: