You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Our Old House At Marikina City

Real Ghost Stories

Our Old House At Marikina City

 

Now, I'm going to tell you my ghostly and other experiences at our old house in Marikina City, Philippines.

From my previous post about "The Three Black Men on the Roof", that was our own house for almost 2 decades but my father sold it way back 1997, and the 10 years of my life happened on that house. (I miss that house).

I will describe to you the structure of the house. That house was a semi-bungalow with no upper floor. The lot was a perfect square shape and the front was facing west. Divide the land in half, the left side was made of two rooms as an apartment for rent and the right side was ours. The door of first apartment was facing west and there's a window on the front. The second room which was located at the back part of the house was smaller than the first room. The door was facing south, so there was a way from front yard of the first apartment to the second which was also the boundary of our neighbor.

Next on the second apartment was a vacant lot with a small tree (I forgot what kind of tree is that). On that vacant lot you will see the Kamias tree and our neighbor I mentioned on my first story.

Our house was divided into 2 rooms which was equally the same size of the combined first and second apartment. We have a balcony on the front which was also our receiving area if we have visitors (at that time, I love planting and my mother allowed me to put my plants on that balcony). The door was facing west and if you enter the first room was consist of living room on the left and bedroom on the right. The divider of the living room and bedroom was a big silk curtain. There was an altar on opposite of the door so if you enter the house, even if you're still outside, the first thing that you would see is our altar. Beside the altar on the left was the door for the second room which were the dining room, the kitchen and another bed for our visitor were located. On the opposite corner was a window where you will see the backyard, the Kamias tree, the vacant lot and our neighbor; and another door for the bathroom. The bathroom, at that time, was also the bathroom for our tenants. There was also a door on the bathroom that connected to the backyard for our tenants.

When I was growing, I heard many ghostly stories on our street. Mostly of that stories happen on our house, our neighbor on the left side, the neighbor at the back and our neighbor at the opposite of the street which had the most number of trees on their yard.

One story was when one of neighbor walk at night to buy something to eat. He passed on our house but when he returned, he notice an old man standing inside the first apartment on the window wearing a barong tagalog (a formal wear here in the Philippines usually wear by a man on a wedding or in burial). On that time, our tenant on the first apartment had a grandfather who passed away before that sightings happened.

Another story was a white lady was seen in the tree that I forgot the name of, near the second apartment. The tenants on the second apartment usually have light outside their door. But one night it suddenly blinked and turned off. Then they tried to fix it, but when they went outside, they saw a white silhouette of a lady floating beside the tree. When morning comes, they told what happen to my parents and they decided to cut down the tree. I don't know why.

In the middle of the night, I once heard someone reading or turning the page of a book. Our altar of that time has a St. Niño, a Virgin Mary, Joseph and a child Jesus, then a Bible on the side. Our bedroom and the living room are separated by a silk curtain and the double deck bed position side-by-side.

I was in grade school on that time. I was lying on the lower part while my brother on top. We were sleeping lights off that time then suddenly I woke up hearing a turning page. I tried to figure out who it is and to see where the sound coming from. When the book turned the page again, I heard that the sound came from the altar where the Bible was. I freaked out and move without noise. I get my blanket and covered my whole body. Even that I'm aware of what's happening, the sound continued on turning pages until I got to sleep again. I never told to my family this story.

When that house already sold, we moved to another house near the river. The two apartments have tenants on that time and they were left in the house. The tenant on the second apartment told us a story when she's going to take a bath. It was day time, when she's near the door outside, the window on the kitchen suddenly opened but no one inside. She got some courage to look inside and she finds out a rattle snake that can eat a big chicken is sleeping in our kitchen. She's freaked out and returns to their room to call her daughter to accompany her in the bathroom.

Well, this is too long to read so I need to cut my story. My next story will be my exposure on paranormal activity that my parents did. When we were living on that old house my parents were faith healers on that time.

See you and thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by unknownymous05

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, unknownymous05, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-05-06)
Hi! Not to sound doubtful, but there are no rattlesnakes in the Philippines https://animals.mom.me/types-snakes-philippines-7850.html

Saan po ito sa Marikina?
MysticFrance (5 stories) (95 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-12-12)
Hi! Were the white lady and man in the window seen just once, or for a couple of times by different people?

I have the same question as karpkarpkarpmagikarp. Saang lugar 'to sa Marikina?
karpkarpkarpmagikarp (3 stories) (17 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-10)
saang baranggay 'to? At may rattlesnake ba sa pilipinas? Di ba sawa lang nahuhuli dito?
unknownymous05 (12 stories) (16 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-04)
Hi Miandra and Lady-glow,

Thanks for your comment.
Well anyway, criticism for me is not negative. It is positive because it will help me to improve.
The first and second stories were stories that just passed to us especially to me when we where kids. I need to remember these stories to share with you.
About the turning page, I actually investigate on that incident. And I would say that the only book on that part was the Bible. There were no other things on that area except for the statues, the jar with flowers and candle holder which made of a hard wood. And in the morning, the Bible was close and at ease.
The rattle snake incident happened when we moved to another house. So our kitchen was empty that time. Our tenant also investigate but she told us that there's no openings in our house that would be the entrance of the snake.
Thanks,
Unknownymous05
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-03)
Hello Anonymous05,

Thanks for sharing your post.

Snakes scare me too. They can get in houses through the roof, down fireplaces, and chimneys.

Lady-Glow has some really good questions. I look forward to your reply.

Best wishes,
Miandra

😘 ❤ 😘
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-01)
unknownymous - I apologize beforehand if my comment comes like being critical but, it seems to me like no one took the time to investigate any of the events in your narrative as to confirm that there wasn't any logical explanation or, perhaps, you missed adding more information to your account?

For instance, in the first experience, how far was the first apartment's window to the street? Was it well illuminated? Would it be possible that the neighbor mistook one of the tenants for an old man? Were they sure the person standing by the window resembled the dead grandfather?

As for the white lady in the second story, based on many stories from the Philippines it seems to be widely accepted that some spirits live in trees, either like guardians or just like otherworldly residents.
Was that the only time anyone witnessed this white lady? Did the tenants check if 'she' wasn't the reflection of a moving object or light? I find it puzzling that they decided to chop off the tree perhaps risking to face the resident spirit's wrath.

I imagine it was scary to hear the Bible's pages turning but, have you considered any other sounds that could be mistaken for this kind of sound? Perhaps a rodent chewing on something?

As an example, two years ago my family and I moved to a new house, some nights I would hear a helicopter flying over the house once, then there's a silent time and then the sound would come back but always at a constant volume, never fading away nor increasing in intensity. After some time I realized that it wasn't a chopper but the sound of the light fixture on my bedroom vibrating during the spin cycles of the washing machine when my son was doing his laundry in the middle of the night!

Did you check if there was a change on the page the Bible was open at?

I too would had been terrified at the sight of a rattle snake, though I would had tried to find how the heck the snake found its way into the house... Perhaps through the same window that wasn't properly secured?

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: