You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Crazy Encounters

Real Ghost Stories

Crazy Encounters

 

My name is Meghan and I am from a small town in Southern, California known as Moorpark. Now, I have had a few encounters with I guess would be considered the paranormal. Two of which will stay with me forever.

The first one occured in my childhood home. I was sleeping on the couch with my brother because it was the holiday season and we had family sleeping in our rooms. We had just gotten done with watching some TV before going to bed. The couch rests in front of a very large window with the tv across. I had just began falling asleep when my brother said "Meghan stop making noises". I wasn't making any and just ignored him. He then kicked me and said "This isn't funny, stop making those noises". I got annoyed and jumped up and said "what are you talking about"? That's when I heard it. The sound of finger nails, tapping on the window. "That's not me", I told him. I moved the curtains and we both saw it. A black figure standing at the window, staring. We both screamed and my dad came running down with a golf club. He went outside and there was nothing there, just the back gate swinging open. Never will sleep down there again.

The second one wasn't as scary and I did not sense any evil. It was around 10 pm and I was driving home on Fallbrook Ave in the San Fernando Valley. It's the Valley, the streets are usually lit up with billboards and street lights. I made this drive almost everyday because my boyfriend at the time lived over there. Something was off that night, no joke. It was quiet, no cars on the street. I was going a little faster than I probably should which caused me to slam on my breaks when I saw this old man in a suit with a top hat and gray flushed skin walking in front of my car. Basically he was black and white, straight out of the early 1900's. I was going to hit him. I couldn't stop in time. I shut my eyes and came to a stop. Expecting me to hit something, I was shocked when I didn't. That second, a semi truck ran a red light going very fast. It would have hit me if I didn't stop. I looked over at this black and white man, he looked back, tipped his hat with a little smirk and went on his way. I blinked and he was gone. No joke. Still today I get the chills thinking of it. I told my parents when I got home, they didn't believe me. Only a year ago, I was visiting my grandparents and stumbled upon a family portrait of my great, great, grandpa in the same attire and same face. My great, great grandpa came to save me that day.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, meghanh14, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ChickenLittle (11 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-01-26)
Because of your mention of the gate swinging, I also think your first story was probably a peeping Tom (which I think is scarier than a ghost.) It's odd, though, that "he" would try to draw your attention by tapping the window. Could one of your guests have been playing a prank on the two of you?

Your second story was more heartwarming than scary. I love stories of deceased family members watching out for their loved ones. Like Tweed, I have always thought the concept of seeing a ghost in black and white was interesting. Thanks for this post!
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-01-19)
Hi Meghanh,

I was going to suggest the same as Lady Glow for the window figure. I hope it was a ghost, because if not that's super creepy.

Your second experience is fascinating. I'm so intrigued by how he looked like a black and white image!
Thanks for sharing.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-01-18)
Welcome to YGS.

Do you think it possible that a person was spying on the living room window that night? I imagine it was scary for you and your brother to see the figure, but it's hard to say if it was a ghost or only a person with not very good intentions.

As for your second experience, I find it to be fascinating. It's reassuring to know that our ancestors keep a watching eye on their descendants.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: