You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shades Of White

Real Ghost Stories

Shades Of White

 

This incident happened about 1 month ago. It had been a long day and I was about to fix supper for my wife and I. She was in the bedroom folding clothes and I walked into the kitchen.

We live in a "open environment" apartment. This means the counter with the sink runs between the kitchen and living area. Since it is only a counter I can see all the way to the front of the apartment and out to the outside. I was standing there thinking about what to fix and I noticed something white behind me. I turned and could only see the cabinets and refrigerator. Now the cabinets are a dark wood and the frig is black so there is nothing white there. I turned back to the sink and again I saw the white behind me through the front window. Outside it is night and dark and there are no lights so the white I saw was definitely inside. I focused my eyes and looked closer and began to see two distinct figures of white. I thought at first that they were wearing white robes but the more I looked I realized they themselves were the white color. They were moving back and forth like curtains in the wind, but the windows were closed and also we have no curtains on them, just open blinds. I noticed one of them was a little shorter than the other and then I saw that the shorter one was holding an orange orb about the size of a basketball. The orb was glowing and when I looked behind me there was nothing there. I again turned back to the sink and looked to see the shorter one dropping down like it was kneeling. Then it rose again. I swayed back and forth and they seemed to follow my movements. I raised my arms to see if they would but my wife came into the room and asked what I was doing. I looked and they were gone.

I felt strong, cold air when they were there then the room warmed up when they were gone.

I just told my wife I was stretching.

I keep looking for them to reappear but I have not seen them since.

I would like to know who or what they were. And what was the orange orb?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Iowa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, herman, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Dennishbox (1 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-06-25)
To write more professionally, learn this tip:

I was about to cook supper for my wife.
I was about to cook supper for her.
I was about to cook supper for me.

So: I was about to cook supper for my wife and me.

HOWEVER,

My wife was about to eat supper.
She was about to eat supper.
I was about to eat supper.

SO: My wife and I were about to eat supper.

😉
MaggieMay_Not (15 stories) (106 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-19)
This will probably seem off, but did it happen about the 31st of January? That was the night of the Blue Supermoon. If you have spiritual entities, perhaps they are tied to the energy of the moon? Perhaps a celebration of the Blue Supermoon. I know it's odd but it seems with the orb and the white energy and it being night out? Just a thought. Thank you for sharing.
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-03-14)
lady-glow has some very good points herman. (I tried to vote you up lady-glow but got the snarky "please vote for someone else" comment.) 😠 😉

What were you feelings when this happened herman? You should do what lady-glow suggested and try to find out any history of the building and/or land around the area. And talk to you wife about it if possible, or maybe some neighbors?

Interesting read. Thanks for sharing.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-03-12)
Welcome to YGS.
The way you describe your experience makes me wonder if the figures were performing some sort of ceremony. They didn't seem to have any evil intentions towards you.

I don't think there's enough information in your narrative as to say who or what these figures are. Perhaps researching the history of the land where your house is built could shed some light about their origin. It would be a good idea to start a journal if you see them again and see if their presence follows a pattern.

Not trying to offer any unwanted advice but, why haven't you shared this experience with your wife? She might surprised you by saying that she has witnessed something similar but was worried you would think she's nuts if she told you.😜

Thanks for sharing.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-03-11)
This sounds like a beautiful experience. How strange and intriguing at the same time. I am also interested in finding out if someone else has had an encounter like this. Thank you for sharing, I really enjoyed your story 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: