You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Brothers Doppelganger

Real Ghost Stories

My Brothers Doppelganger

 

29th of march at approximately 7pm:

After dinner it is my job to wash up the dinner plates, me and my sister were the only two downstairs at the time of the event.

I was stood in the kitchen facing the window with my hands in the sink washing the dishes, my sister was in the dinning room to my left.

As you probably know yourself, when someone you know enters a room you can feel them there, I felt me brother enter the kitchen and as I was looking into the water and out of the corner of my eye I saw my brothers legs to my right moving behind me.

I looked up and turned around and saw my brother standing about a foot away from me, just looking at me and then he just vanished as if he was never there.

I backed away and screamed "WHAT WAS THAT!"

A feeling of fear and terror came over me and I ran to my sister and broke down crying.

Before I could tell her what I just saw she asked where our brother had gone... I asked her if she saw him and she said no but she had a feeling he was there.

We called our mum as both of us were to afraid to move. Our mother came downstairs and listened to what happened. She went back upstairs to check on our brother and she found his hamster had got out and our cats were so close to finding it...

If I hadnt of seen the figure my mother wouldn't of gone upstairs to see him and his hamster would of been killed by our cats...

Doing some research we found that they are called doppelganger and come when bad things are about to happen, some however can be evil twins and I'm just greatful that the one that I saw was not evil and just wanted to help.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lucas2248, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Pink496 (guest)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-10)
Very interesting story thank you for sharing it!
All the best to you!
Pink496
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-09)
Lucas,

Like Tweed, I'm wondering what your brother was doing? Was he sleeping? I agree that perhaps you encountered his astral body (if he was sleeping).
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-09)
Hi Lucas, thanks for sharing.

I'm very intrigued about your reaction to cry, as I have had this reaction after a paranormal encounter. However, my reaction was more tears of happiness, not fear. You know what, there's been a few doppelganger incidents involving people in kitchens. Odd huh, I don't know if that's coincidence or what.

Was your bro asleep at the time? I'm wondering if this was more of a out of body/astral moment. Pretty cool all this managed to save the hamster.
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-07)
Welcome to YGS Lucas.

Just a few questions to help clarify the situation and the intent of this spirit's appearance.

In hindsight, was your feeling of 'fear and terror' emanating from your brother's apparition or was this a reaction from seeing something very strange?

Your research indicates either an evil twin or a spiritual 'heads up' that something bad is about to happen, which can be prevented (no evil intent here).

By the way, where was your brother while all this drama was taking place?

Is it possible that you may have mistaken a guardian spirit for something evil?

You don't have to answer but at least think about it.

Rex-T

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: