You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Voice That Says My Name

Real Ghost Stories

The Voice That Says My Name

 

This happened to me back when I was very little and lived in a big house with my immediate family. I was probably around 4-5 at the time. My family and I were having a big celebration, so we had relatives come over. Later that night, only a few of my relatives were left, most of them had gone home. I don't think it was that late at night, maybe around 7-8PM? My mom and the women were in the kitchen preparing more food while my dad and the guys were in the living room drinking, talking and watching T.V.

I remember playing by myself in the living room where my dad and the guys were. I don't remember where my siblings or the other kids were at this time. Anyways, I remember playing with a bouncy red ball, (sounds like a scary movie already. Haha.) and I threw it towards the wall or something and the ball rolled over to our front door. I ran to go get the ball, and once I got there, I heard a voice that called my name through a small decorative window that was in between our closet and the front door. The voice wasn't female or male, it was more like in-between? It was just really weird. The voice said my name spookily like you would in the ghost movies with pranksters. Nobody else was around besides my dad and the other guys in the living room. I thought my siblings were pranking me, so I checked the closet where it was across from the front door and saw nobody in there besides shoes and coats. This freaked me out and I ran back really fast towards my dad and plopped onto his lap. I remember looking back up at the small window, and getting goose bumps. Nothing else ever happened after that, and I don't remember if I told anyone in my family about my encounter either.

Not sure what or who it could have been. I always thought that it was just probably my late Grandma or Grandpa saying hi, but who knows. (That's a real creepy way to say hi to me if it was.;P)

Hope you enjoyed it! Thanks for reading!

Other hauntings by Xaria

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Xaria, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-15)
Hello Xaria, quite a creepy experience you have shared with us. It just spooked me out. There are few ghost in our religious believe who can actually make sounds to lure their victims outside or say some suitable places to haunt them or to mislead them to their death in some casese
Thanks for sharing
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-04-09)
Xaria,

That's what stuck out to me in your story; the way the voice sounded and how it made you feel. Of course, because of your age at the time and a house full of guests, a prank can't be ruled out. However, I do believe that children are especially sensitive and "open" to the spirit world so I can't rule out that you heard a disembodied voice either.

Regardless, I'm sure you're happy that you never heard it again... I would be. 😉

Thanks again
Xaria (2 stories) (5 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-04-09)
[at] CuriousDee

Hello there! Thank you for reading my short story! I would hope so that it was from an adult or another kid, but it was dark at night and no one else around me at the corner of our front door. Then again, I was so little at the time, so I didn't pay much attention to my surrounding.

The voice was incredibly weird, as I could not make out the gender of the voice. That's what stumps me when I think that it MAY or may not have been someone pranking me. We'll never know. Lol.

Thanks for reading! <3
Xaria (2 stories) (5 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-09)
[at] Lady-Glow,

Hi! Thanks for commenting! I did take it into consideration that my siblings or cousins may have been calling me through a vent or from outside, but one, it was dark so the adults wouldn't have let them go outside. As for the vents, that could be a possibility, but I don't recall any vents near our front door at all... But who knows. I was very little, so I may have not seen it. And knowing my siblings at the time, they wouldn't be that smart as to call my name to spook me through vents... But then again, who knows right?

Thanks for reading! I appreciate it!
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-04-08)
Xaria,

That's definitely a strange incident. The voice could be attributed to an adult present, or one of the kids. Especially as it didn't happen again. Just an idea.

Barring someone present at the time playing a prank, it's best to go with your initial feeling of the voice not belonging to your grandmother or grandfather (you also mentioned the voice didn't sound male or female).

Thank you for sharing. 😊
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-08)
Is there a chance your siblings and cousins were calling you through a vent or from outside?

Since you were so young, it is understandable that you wouldn't try to find a logical explanation for the source of the voice and, since that's the only time you heard it, it's difficult to say if it was a paranormal event.

Although, perhaps a departed loved one joined the celebration and was mingling among their relatives.It's hard to say. 🤔

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: