You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: The Black Cat, The Pulsating Shape, And The Growl

Real Ghost Stories

The Black Cat, The Pulsating Shape, And The Growl

 

I've been lurking around the site for a few years now, but I only recently got an email address, so this'll be my first post on the site. My experiences with the paranormal are rather limited and all took place during my childhood. I decided it would be best to sum up all my experiences here, rather than writing three very short posts. First, I shall talk about the experience I remember best.

A bit of context first: my parents were divorced when I was about a year old, and I'd stay with my dad on the weekends. I slept with my bedroom door open, and with a nightlight on. I was about seven or eight, and my dad used to have a black cat named Claudius. Claudius was a very sweet old gentleman, and whenever I went to bed, Claudius would snuggle up with me to keep me company. Unfortunately, Claudius passed away at the age of thirteen, and I was incredibly upset by this.

The first night I slept over at dad's after Claudius' passing, I saw a misty black shape (much like the shadow of a cat) coming through my open door. I was confused and a little scared at first. Then, the shadow jumped up onto my bed, snuggled up to me, and began to purr. That's when I realised that it was Claudius (he had a very distinctive deep purr). When I woke up in the morning, Claudius had gone, and I never saw him again.

My second experience was when I was in the second-to-last year of primary school, and it was my strangest experience. The rest of the class had gone to a swimming lesson (I stayed in school because my teacher understood that the swimming tutor would constantly bully me, and I didn't really need much supervision), and I was sat at my computer writing. All of a sudden, I saw a very odd shape reflected in my monitor. It was a black, dart-shaped shadow that pulsated and morphed slightly as it flew across the room. I have no idea to this day if it was a hallucination, a very distorted reflection, or some kind of manifestation.

My third and final experience was a decidedly negative one. A relative of mine used to live in a three story house that was also a post office. There were four bedrooms and two bathrooms on the top floor, the post office and a living room were on the middle floor, and the kitchen and dining room were on the bottom floor. No matter where you were in the house, there was an incredibly unpleasant feeling. It was a mixture of being watched by something predatory, being very vulnerable, and being unwelcome.

One night I had to sleep over at this house. I got the spare fourth bedroom, which was small and mostly unfurnished. In the middle of the night I needed to use the bathroom. I decided to use the one further from my room, as the closer one was very small (I suffer from claustrophobia). On the way back from the further bathroom, I had to pass the small bathroom and something in there growled at me. I ran back to my room in a panic, threw the duvet over my head, and prayed until the sun rose in the morning (I used to be Christian, nowadays I am a LaVeyan Satanist). It wasn't an animal of any sort, and it didn't sound like pipes. I hate jumping to conclusions, but the sound of the growl, combined with the house's atmosphere, leads me to believe it was a demon.

And there we have it. My three paranormal experiences. I look forwards to hearing everyone's opinions on my experiences. I hope everyone has a good day. Thank you for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Valkyrie_Thorn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

seemayadav (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-25)
Third experience is strange any way thanks for sharing with us
Valkyrie_Thorn (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-19)
As for my relative experiencing anything paranormal in the house where the growl happened, I don't really know about that. I won't give details (it's a long and sordid story), but that relative and I never got along. Specifically, she was my step-grandmother, and I tried to avoid her as much as possible (she was a highly unpleasant person). My mother has said she's felt pretty much the same thing, and she is a sceptic. She also knew the family that lived there before my step-grandmother, and they all got much more unhappy and argumentative when they moved into that house. One of them also experienced a break of some sort, and carved the words 'Jesus hates me' into the wall of one of the rooms. Sorry I can't provide any more details. I might ask around, see if I can find any history on the house. And possibly my old school.
Valkyrie_Thorn (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-19)
Hi annie16 and lady-glow

To be honest, I'm not entirely a traditional LeVeyan Satanist because of my belief in the supernatural (although Anton Szandor LaVey's Satanic Bible does contain spells, so I have no clue what's happening there. LeVeyan Satanist is the term I use to differentiate myself from Hollywood Satanists (what I would call a devil worshipper), though the more accurate term would probably be non-Theistic Satanist, I'm not entirely sure.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-19)
Like annie16, I'm wondering how you reconcile your beliefs and your experiences. 😕

Anyway, I consider you very lucky to have seen your cat again, his visit proving that death is not the end of existence.

Your other two experiences were unnerving, to say the least, though there's not enough information in your narrative as to say what exactly happened in both instances.
Did your relative say if s/he witnessed any disturbances while living in that house?

Thanks for sharing.
annie16 (13 stories) (53 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-19)
Hi Valkyrie_Thorn.
You state that you are a LeVeyan Satanist but according to wikipedia, "The LaVeyan Satanism religion is materialist, REJECTING the existence of supernatural beings, body-soul dualism, and life after death" 😐

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: