You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Followed By A Child?!

Real Ghost Stories

Followed By A Child?!

 

I have had some strange, inexplicable things happen to me over the years, some of which I have written about on this site under the name BlessedWildAppleGirl (I unfortunately forgot my password so I'm here as HappiestGirl now). I have been living in a lovely, quiet house for nearly three years now, except for a couple of odd occurrences.

The first involves the bathroom light switch which is a cord-pull one. Not long after I moved in, I had to replace the cord because my ex had got it grubby with engine oil. I bought one with a chunky silver end on it so it was big enough for my ex to grab hold of without touching the cord with his mucky hands. The switch is right next to the glass shower screen and after someone had pulled it, it could swing and hit the screen with a distinctive tap sound.

In recent weeks, both myself and my son have heard the tap of the light switch hitting the shower screen on more than one occasion. We live here on our own and so we both know that there was nobody in the bathroom at the time. No windows were open to cause drafts at the time, either.

Then one morning last week, I got up and went to the bathroom and found the end of the light switch in pieces on the floor. I was the last one to use the bathroom the night before and know it wasn't broken then. The tap sound hasn't happened since, which lessens the likelihood of the sound we heard before being from something else.

The second odd thing that happened was that I had a couple of cd's on the dressing table at the foot of my bed. It was a Saturday morning and I had been awake for about 30 minutes and was enjoying a lie-in when I heard a tap on the cd case. I was on my own in my room and was no where near it. I got up and gently lifted the top cd about 1cm from the bottom one and let it drop, it sounded exactly the same.

I can't explain either of these things rationally, which as I've got older I always like to do. It has left me wondering whether I have the spirit of a child following me from house to house?

Although some of the things that have happened in the past have scared me they don't appear to be negative, or am I just reading way too much into this? Any thoughts would be welcome.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, HappiestGirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-09-11)
I was just saying on someone else's story that I too lived in a haunted house for 3 years. I think you are spot on in describing your situation and maybe it is a child or someone that lived there once. Do you know anything about the house? I wonder why this kind of thing only happens to some and not everyone? That's good it doesn't seen negative. Thank you for sharing. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: