You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Dripping Blood And A Handless Arm

Real Ghost Stories

Dripping Blood And A Handless Arm

 

This story takes place when I was around 5 years old. I don't remember my exact age, but I know it was before I started grade school.

The date was sometime before Christmas. I was sharing the bed in my Grandmother's room at the time. In our old cotton mill house there were no halls. Granny's two bedroom doors opened one directly into the kitchen, and one into the living room. I remember I was lying in the bed with Granny asleep beside me, looking at the Christmas tree which was lit up in the living room. One of the others in the house, either my Great Aunt or Cousin, apparently had not yet gone to bed.

As I lay there, something caught my eye on the ceiling just a little to the right of the bed. It seemed some sort of liquid was forming on the ceiling, and dripped down onto the floor right beside me. The liquid appeared to be thick and dark, and I immediately thought that it was blood. But where was it coming from? The ceiling was just a regular ceiling with white tiles and the liquid seemed to be dripping down from between the tiles. For some reason, and I don't know exactly why, this really scared me. I laid there in the darkness for a while wondering what was going on. I know this sounds strange, (remember I was a little kid) but I thought to myself that maybe a star had died. I crawled down under the covers and finally went to sleep.

The next morning was clothes washing day. When I woke up, I heard the old wringer type washer machine going in the kitchen. I saw my Grandmother, Great Aunt and Cousin standing there by the bed, looking at the little pool of something brownish red on the floor. They were discussing what it could be. Nobody had a clue. They wiped it up with an old rag (we didn't have paper towels in those days) and that was the end of it. I never told anybody what I had seen. For reasons I can't explain, I was really afraid to do so. There was no stain on the ceiling where the stuff had come down.

I still have no idea what this could have been. Could it have been some sort of animal injured in the ceiling? I never heard anything scratching around up there, and there were never any unusual smells or anything to indicate a dead animal. Everything seemed just totally silent while it was dripping down and this was never repeated.

One more event occurred in this particular bedroom sometime around this same time. I remember I was lying in bed facing my sleeping Grandmother. This was one of those old iron beds with the vertical iron bars on the headboard. Suddenly, I saw something that looked like an arm with no hand come up, like from under the bed, through the iron bars and down between our two pillows. It was just lying there, looking like an extremely long, handless, arm. I remember it was very white. I didn't want to wake up my Grandmother because I was afraid it would scare her too badly, so I raised up on my elbow and looked at it lying motionless there. Then, I took my pinkie finger and pushed it back off the bed and through the bars. I saw it pull itself down under the bed and disappear. That, for some reason did not scare me very much until I got to thinking about it later on. But ever since that time I have made sure the pillows on the bed are pushed close together, with no space in between, before I go to sleep.

Strange, huh? I'm sure I was awake and that this was no a dream. When you think about it, it was so bizarre, though.

Other hauntings by Spockie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Spockie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-25)
There was no rooms above, only an attic crawl space. My great grandmother died in that house of bone cancer and one of her male children also died of stomach cancer in the house; however, nobody ever had their hand or arm cut off.
Fire_Fairy (1 stories) (24 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-06)
Never heard something like this before... Its so scary... How can you stay without screaming when you see a terrifying scene like that? If it was me I would've jumped of the bed! 😜
pringles123 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-07)
That's a really creepy story. I agree with dreamergal72 and TheUnknown, what if the blood and the arm are linked to each other? It makes perfect sense, I mean the blood is from the hand being chopped off the arm. Or something like that.

You know spockie, you are very brave because if I was the one who saw an arm come from out of nowhere, I would've ran out the room screaming. And as for the blood... I would've ran of screaming aswell lol

But what really scares me the most about your story is the arm. I mean, there is so many questions about it, like who's arm was it? Why would it suddenly show itself to you? And if you looked under the bed what would've you saw? Nothing? Because that would be really scary, but if you did saw who's arm it belonged to... I would've died from fear. Can you imagine what the "person" would've looked like?

Again this is a really cool and creepy story, and sorry for the extremly long post lol 😊
TinaMarie85 (1 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-10-29)
Wow! When I was reading about how you described the house I got a Deja vu about a house I used to live in when I was about 12. It was near a small town called Four Oaks on a Raleigh Rd. It was a two bedroom house, one bedroom opened into a living room where the front door was and the other bedroom opened into the big kitchen that had a backdoor but it opened off the side of the house. I had a really weird experience there... Its too much to write in here so I guess I'll post a story up.
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
Ghostseer, I don't think any kind of accident happened after that. Perhaps it was a warning that I would have hard times ahead in my childhood years.

Babygirl, that was a long time ago when I was a small child. It was never repeated, but I did have other scary experiences.
babygirlacm (2 stories) (19 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
thats creepy I think something was playing with your head cause something like that is hella freaky and maybe something was playin games cause I would freak out to? Do you think that the house was built ontop of something long ago? Well good luck and hope that you don't have to go through that again?
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
Blood and body parts are never a good thing. They usually stand for something negative. Mainly a warning of sorts. It can predict an accident, and sometimes, it means nothing. Just the warning is enough to change your course of action. If nothing happened in the future, then the course of action WAS changed, and you had/have nothing to worry about. It's always good to be a little cautious anyway, Blessings, Ghostseer. P.S: I get signals like this about once every five years. It doesn't always mean someone lost a body part, or blood is about to flow from someone you know, or that someone was murdered. It's almost always a warning of sorts...Don't worry over it...
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
Hey, Unknown. The only problem with your theory is there was no room above. There was just an unfinished, crawl space type attic. Something really did drip down from the ceiling. I have thought about it a lot down through the years, and I suppose an animal crawling around up there could possibly have urinated with blood in it. Maybe it could have been a squirrel or a rat? That's one possibility, but there was never a stain on the ceiling and no scratching or moving around noises or dead animal smells. And, I'm at a total loss to explain the handless arm.

Since my relatives were first owners of the house, I don't think anybody was murdered there, but people did die there of natural causes. And, who knows what happened on the land before those houses were built.

I had a very unusual childhood, seeing many just totally strange things in that house.
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
All the clues are shown, but try figuring it out. I'll explain it, the handless arm you saw must have been from somebody, so try finding out who died there.

The blood from you're bedroom ceiling is dripping down to the floor, so it means the severing of the hand from arm is in the room above yours.

That is all I have to say.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
But have you ever at any time discussed the blood incident at least? Had it been just you seeing things, I would have been convinced it was " a little child's imagination going wild" but then the morning after your first experience comes to confirm that something HAD actually happened. What type of animal could have made all this mess and not lying dead in some corner where you would find it? Something ELSE happened-something else wanted your attention...!
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
that sound spooky about the arm you seening and the blood that may had been from that arm and dripping from ceiling that you saw may had that arm and blood.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: