You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: An Unusual Experience

Real Ghost Stories

An Unusual Experience

 

I have always been very sensitive to spirits. In fact, you might say if there is a spirit or anything strange in the vicinity, it usually manages to find me. I have many sightings and encounters in my lifetime, mostly when I was a child and then as a young woman.

This one time in particular, I was in my early 20's (about 35 years ago) and was dating a guy who lived about a two hours drive from my home. He would drive up to see me on Saturday morning and then go back home Saturday night. And I would drive down to see him on occasion. A church I was attending at the time, was going to have a big tent meeting near the town where my boyfriend lived. Two of my best girlfriends and I drove down to stay at my boyfriend's house to attend this meeting with him. My friend Lisa and I shared a room, my friend Dee shared a room with my boyfriend's sister, and my boyfriend slept out on the back porch. My boyfriend had previously told me he and his sister had heard and seen some strange things in that old farmhouse.

That first night, Lisa and I went to bed and to sleep, but something woke me up in the middle of the night. It wasn't totally dark in the room, and in the dim light I could vaguely see what appeared to be a man's gray pin-striped suit coat hanging over the top of the bed, down onto the pillows where we were lying. I even raised up in bed and looked right at it. It was transparent. I reached out to touch it and my hand went right through it. It was like a hologram. There was a picture of a Mexican woman hanging on the wall in front of the bed. To my amazement, I saw that a man's face with a mustache had materialized in the lower part of the picture. I also heard what appeared to be footsteps walking around the room, but I didn't see anybody. I laid back down and hid my head beneath the covers and PRAYED. I also heard a sound like somebody imitating a trumpet with their lips. Very strange. Lisa was snoozing away so I didn't want to wake her and scare her. I just lay there until I finally fell asleep.

The next morning I told everybody about what happened. We prayed, then took olive oil and made the sign of the cross on the picture, on the doors and windows of the room, and on the bedposts. As we would anointed the objects we would say, "In the name of Jesus" and that night we all had a peaceful, uninterrupted sleep. I didn't marry the guy, and I'm sure glad that I never had to live in that creepy old house.

Other hauntings by Spockie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Spockie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-09-11)
Wow!I wouldn't have married him either if I had to live there! Do you know who the Mexican woman was? It seems like you went back in time or something by seeing the pin stripped coat. Or maybe "remote viewing?" I would have been praying too. So much going on in that old farmhouse. Great story. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: