You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Dark Entity Following Me Around

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Entity Following Me Around

 

First, I'd like to apologise for my mistakes. I am not a native English speaker, but I will try to do my best. I am posting this story here because I am desperately trying to get help but people either don't believe me or refuse to help me.

I live in Belgium. Most of the things I am describing happened in my parent's home, which is a new home that they build approximately 20 years ago in the countryside. There is something there that has been following me for a long time now, and I really don't know what to do anymore.

When I was a little girl, my mother was always feeling sick. She had terrible headaches, vomited constantly, and no one could ever find out what was wrong with her. I know that she went to a radiesthesiste once and that she never felt sick again, but she refuses to talk about it; I learned about it by accident when my grandfather forgot that I wasn't supposed to know.

I think it was after my mother felt better that the thing that was attached to her decided to harass me instead. At first, it was only in my bedroom: the bedsheets would move as if someone was sitting on them, I would see a reflection of a window were there shouldn't be one, I started to have terrible nightmares... I was terrified to sleep in this room and slept with the lights on every night.

When I was a teenager, my brother moved out and I took his room instead. For a time, nothing happened, and I finally felt safe; but it didn't last and soon enough everything came back.

When I went to university, I was so relieved to have a dorm where I finally wouldn't have to worry. Once again, at first everything was okay. But when I went back to my parent's place for the holiday, it started to get awful. My mother used my first bedroom as a small upstairs living room, and she exposed a few matryoshka (nesting dolls) there. When I went to that living room to see what she had done with the place, I saw that every matryoshka but one were facing to the right, in the direction of my new bedroom. The last one was looking straight at me. Thinking that my mother was playing a prank on me, I moved every doll in the right position. The next day, they were once again facing my bedroom. I moved them once more, locked the door with the only key that could open it, and stayed awake all night to be sure it wasn't a prank. Nobody went to that room all night. The next day, they were once again turned to face my bedroom. I panicked and locked them in a drawer. A few days later, I woke up with a huge red handprint on my stomach.

I was so relieved to go back to my dorm after the holidays, but it didn't stop there. Nothing happened for a few days, but then I started to wake up covered in scratches. Some of them were huge and I still got scars from a few of them years later. That was when I decided I needed help and went to a psychic. I don't know what she did because she didn't want to work when I was in the same room as her, but once again everything was quiet for a while before getting worse. Mirrors and paintings would fall on the floor when I was in my dorm and my nightmares were worse then ever. My parents told me on the phone that their cat was now refusing to get in the house and was sleeping outside.

I went to a second psychic, who told me that she couldn't do anything without putting herself in danger and refused to help me. I went to a third one, who told me that there was something attached to the women in my family and that refused to let me go. She told me that it would try to bring me back to my parent's home every time I would try to go away, and that it was angry at me if I stayed away too long. She believed it had been human at one time, but she wasn't so sure about it. She couldn't help me either and I finished my studies with that thing attached to me.

After getting my degree, I had to go back to my parent's home because I found a job near their house. It went just as well as you can imagine. But I am moving to my own house in a month and I am afraid it is going to follow me there as well. I beg you, if you have any idea of how I could get rid of that thing, please let me know.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Acantha, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

elhub (9 posts)
-3
5 years ago (2018-11-11)
Hi Acantha

Let me be honest with you, what is bothering and scaring the crap out of you is demon, unclean spirit, a fallen angel, there are many words for these unseen beings. I am Christian and one thing I can say with confidence and trust is that to call upon the name of Jesus Christ. Believe in Him and have faith in Him. When you feel this entity is close to you say a prayer and mention Jesus Christ name. Every time you sleep ask for his protection Believe and repent and turn to the Son of God. His name alone demons tremble at the mention of His name

If you want to talk please don't hesitate to send me email. Here is my email address shortbread2993 [at] gmail.com ❤ ❤

Shalom
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-06-09)
At the risk of sounding like I do not believe this, which I am not trying to do, I feel I must say this... This sounds a bit 'Anne Rice (ish) 'The Mayfair Witches' series of books... But back to the OP's experience...

Having got that out of the way its hard to say if this is a family attachment without knowing what your mother experienced and just what the psychic she saw did to 'rid' her of the attachment and just 'why' it attached to you and just why the ones you saw were unwilling to help or what the one who did help you did 'do'.

The recommended Cleansing/Shielding on my profile could help, it may take more than one attempt before a difference is noticed. If you have any details you can add that would be great and please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-06-04)
I third the cleansing/shielding recommendation.

The behavior of that second psychic disturbs me a little. Sure, whatever it may be is beyond her ability, but she should not have just refused outright. Referring you to a wiser and better able person would have been okay.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-04)
I second the cleansing recommendation. Also, I don't know if you ascribe to any particular faith but if you do or if you are open to looking into a few and seeing what suits you best - seeking council from a religious institution might not be a bad idea. In addition to the various more well recognized forms of faith, don't forget the new age options and spiritualism too. The point is to find a path to divinity that suits you.

However, if you are an atheist I wouldn't want to encourage you to do anything that goes against your beliefs. If atheism is where your beliefs lie then hit the library for an academic approach. Learn about what others have done to handle such issues and if you find a method that strikes you as most logical in spite of what beliefs may have helped originally draft it, go with that.

Meantime, do whatever you can to keep yourself feeling positive and strong. Physical activity is always beneficial - try a self defense class or some form of martial arts - something that boosts your confidence and allows you to work out your stresses in a positive way. Keep reminders in your space of good things in your life, things you are proud of, people you love and those who love you etc - from keepsakes to photographs. Depending on your beliefs you may also consider including various sacred items from crystals to icons. All of this simply to surround yourself with positive affirmation - it gives you power.

Just make sure that you believe in the efficacy of whatever method you choose - that's where it will get its strength.
annie16 (13 stories) (53 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-06-04)
Hi Acantha. Try Rook's cleansing method. I attach it here for your use. Many people on this site have used it to great success, including myself.

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: