You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Mom's First Paranormal Encounter

Real Ghost Stories

My Mom's First Paranormal Encounter

 

At the time that this story first came in place, I was only a baby. So really, this story is from my mother's experience.

Whenever I ask my mom if she's had any paranormal encounters, she always brings up this memory. Her first encounter was when my father was at work and it was just her and me in their bed in the middle of the day. Later in the day, she heard the kitchen cabinets downstairs open and close in a slow pattern. She would listen closely and then say, "Hi, Grandma." She explains that she never felt scared or threatened because she knew it was her. She knew because her grandmother was closest to her, and still was after death.

Sometimes, she would randomly wake up around 2-3 am after she felt a light rub on her chest like her grandmother was waking her up.

Unfortunately yet, fortunately, as I got older and my mom had my younger brother, my mom stopped having any activity; which made me feel sad because I've been wanting to come upon a FRIENDLY spirit out of my dangerous curiosity.

I tell my parents this all the time, and they tell me to never mess with spirits because I never know what I'm getting myself into. My mom -who somewhat believes in all things spiritual- tells me I should only communicate when you need them to leave you alone and to guide them to their own realm where they're supposed to be (they say you can help to guide them by fixing their regrets, take them to an upbeat and/or nostalgic place that almost forces them to move on into the spiritual realm, etc.).

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LaDaisy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-07-03)
Hi LaDaisy, thanks for sharing. Your mother had the love and affection of her Grandma even after the passing on of your grandma. Nice. Like what others said, it is not advisable to communicate with the spirits without being trained for it. And please don't be carried away by your curiosity and try to communicate through Ouija Board.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-28)
It is always better not to try and communicate with spirits. You never know what you might contact. Some spirits are liars and tricksters who pretend to be a human spirit, but are not. Communicating with them just makes them more powerful and they can make your life a living hell and be very difficult to get rid of.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-27)
LaDaisy,

It's great to have a healthy curiosity, I wouldn't call that dangerous. However, I agree with Augusta, avoid using a Ouija board. I'm sure you will experience something, if you haven't already. I also think the majority of people have experienced a paranormal incident, but usually brush it off.

It's great that your mother believes her grandmother visited her. I'm sure she still visits, but perhaps it's in a more inconspicuous way so your mother isn't frightened. ❤

Thanks for sharing 😊
Dee
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-26)
I understand how you feel. In the first story I shared on this site (Coming to Say Goodbye) I talked about my experiences with the spirits of my maternal grandparents. They came to me when I was little until one night when I was just old enough to know what a ghost was and that they were "supposed" to be the stuff of nightmares and horror stories (the things mainstream culture "teaches" you as a kid) - that night when my grandmother came to comfort me after a bad dream, I got scared and started to cry. She left instantly and has never come back.

I so often wish I hadn't cried that night. I would dearly love to be able to talk with them again - so very many times I have wished it! I've always been told that I am more like my grandmother than anyone else in the family - and given that I am nothing like anyone in my family, it would be so wonderful to be able to speak with her. My grandfather too - he's always been my hero.

I would never use a Ouija board but I have spoken to a medium and THAT was certainly an interesting conversation! 😁

But just keep an open mind and hang tight- something will happen when you least expect it. I think everyone encounters a few spirits in their lives - just not everyone realizes it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: