You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Experiences With The Unexplainable

Real Ghost Stories

My Experiences With The Unexplainable

 

I am a young adult from South Africa and I have had many unexplainable experiences over my 20+ years of life. In this story I will mention some of my experiences and leave it to the reader to decide whether or not they believe me; either way I don't really care. I first experienced the "paranormal" (If that's what it was) at a very young age; I would say around 6 or 7.

One particular night back 1997/1998 I was at home sleeping in bed when I was half-woken up by this loud buzzing sound, it's hard to describe but it sounded almost like a massive swarm of bees; only there were no bees. I was not the only one who heard it; my mother also had heard it as well (I should mention she is clairevoyant). Not only had I heard this sound but I also recall having a feeling of being oppressed by this energy and also not being able to speak or move before being woken up my mother.

Now I know many people will say this is sleep paralysis because I was not able to move or speak despite being conscious, but I assure you I have had sleep paralysis many times and this was not it. My experiences of sleep paralysis include being in a half-awake state not being able to speak or move, but does not include me hearing loud bee swarm buzzing sounds or feeling a strong presence.

In fact the only other time I recall hearing a sound like that, accompanied also by chanting, was back in circa 2011; when I fell asleep one night while holding a cross in my hand while watching tv. The cross had been given to my mother by a client of hers for her to see if she could psychically pick anything up with regards to said cross. When I told my mother of my experience with the cross, she had told me that she had picked up that the cross had been used in magick rituals and possibly had a spirit attached to it.

I have also many times experienced a feeling of "something" entering into my room while I sleep; waking me up in the process; before being paralyzed and feeling the energy literally being syphoned from my body. I have had some other experiences too, but I will leave that for another time if I ever feel like writing again.

Thanks for reading

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RoLeLu, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RoLeLu (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-21)
[at] Chiku

Hello Chiku,

Perhaps I should do that, how do you suggest I go about doing that though i.e do I have to set up some night vision cameras or what?

[at] CuriousDee

Hello CuriousDee,

You could be right about the OBE thing, even taking it in to consideration that my mother also heard the same thing; as she is psychic and would be able to experience things that most people would have to have an OBE to experience.

Yeah, most people don't usually hear paranormal phenomena; or maybe it's just not researched/reported as much as visual paranormal experiences. On a side note I have also seen a lot of what I believe to be orbs in a video on my phone that I had inadvertently recorded. The quality is not very good though as it was recorded on a Blackberry 9700 but I still have the video.

[at] Spockie

Hi Spockie,

It could have possibly been as you say a "different form of sleep paralysis", but that does not explain my mother hearing it as well though. BTW what do you mean when you say a "different form of sleep paralysis"?

[at] RCRuskin

Hi Ruskin,

Believe me I don't rule out the possibility of sleep paralysis, however, my mother also heard the same sound, so I'm not so sure if that was the case, at least this in this experience. I have heard a theory that people become more psychically sensitive in the hypnogogic and hypnopmpic state as people have reported seeing and sometime hearing things.

Some might say that these people are hallucinating but, there are reports on the internet of people seeing strange
Creatures/entities when in an hypnogogic/hypnopompic state; for e.g people seeing "Scuttlers"; and their descriptions of these entities are very similar even though these people are not related. But it is also possible that some, most or all of these people are simply having auditory/visual hallcuinations.
Chiku (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-02)
I think you should sleep monitor your self to see what actually is going on with you. That would also help you to identify what actually is happening to you.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-28)
RoLeLu,

My first thought was perhaps you experienced a 'side effect' of OBE or Astral Projection, because I've heard the same thing, but your mother heard it too, so that doesn't fit. I wonder if you were just hearing energy manifest? Lots of people actually see something either partially manifest or fully form, however it's not often that individuals HEAR it. I've heard it best described as electric sparks snapping or popping in the air.

Just a thought. Maybe someone else can jump in with more information.

Dee
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-06-28)
I have had that "swarm of bees" sound before upon waking up. I believe it is a different form of sleep paralysis, at least mine was.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (815 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-28)
Hi, RoLeLu.

I have been doing some research, watching assorted videos and reading various essays on sleep paralysis, from both a scientific and a paranormal point of view. One thing that struck me from the scientific pov is that the brain comes up with sensory input under many circumstances. Wanting an explanation for something, the brain creates one, such as sounds or visions. In sensory deprivation experiences, people reported seeing and hearing increasingly bizarre things.

I'm not saying you didn't experience something otherworldly, just that the physical explanation is strange.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: