You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Unexplainable Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Unexplainable Experience

 

So, my friend and I were bored and he told me about an abandoned hospital in my town. I am a big fan of ghost hunting shows and I believe in all of the paranormal stuff. We entered the building pretty nervous because, I mean come on, its an abandoned hospital after all.

We were recording our whole experience which is perfect. We were looking at a book case that was pushed over and I didn't hear a peep. But on the video there was a small growl or something. Then we kept moving and stopped in front of a bathroom. I faced my camera into the bathroom and you could see my reflection in the shiny tiles on the wall.

I started to walk away still having the camera faced into the room and my upper body's reflection stayed completely still, my legs walked away... In the reflection of course. The hospital was essentially a large square, with bathrooms on each edge. We got to the very back of the hospital, very dark and quiet, we were by another bathroom and I heard a snort. I disregarded it, not giving it much attention.

Finally we were in a hall, no doors, just windows. We heard a noise sounding like a heavy object grinding on the ground. We looked at eachother and it happened again. This time closer. He said he wanted to get the f#&% out of there so we left. I looked at the video and it gave me the chills. This was when I was a young teenager so I didn't know how to do anything about it. I hope you enjoyed this story, it was all true. Every single word of it was basically a narration of the video I took.

Happy hunting, Casey.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 21914, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jcort831 (2 posts)
+2
7 months ago (2023-09-24)
sorry its its not called the "old hazel Hawkins hospital." it is called by residents..."the old hospital."
jcort831 (2 posts)
+2
7 months ago (2023-09-24)
hi everyone I am born and raised here in hollister ca. The hospital was known as the "old hazel Hawkins hospital"I found a link were they talk about the demolition of it to build new housing. Hope you can either copy and paste it or at least that its clickable. Https://benitolink.com/old-hospital-demolished-to-make-room-for-self-help-housing/
Cosmos (26 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-01-20)
Hello Lealeigh,

Many thanks for your reply. Likewise I tried to look up for the hospital's records on the net but I couldn't find any information about Hazel Hawkins hospital in Hollister being haunted or ever abandoned.

Although I can see on Casey's comment that she was not 100% certain about the name of the place. Let's hope that one day she comes back and clarifies these questions.

Once again thank you so much for your comment.

Best wishes,

C
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-01-19)
Cosmos,

I don't think Casey will read my comment either but here it is anyway:

I looked up "Hazel Hawkins Memorial Hospital" in Hollister, California. It does not appear to be abandoned. Maybe, Casey was mistaken.

- Maria
Cosmos (26 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-01-19)
Hello 21914,

Not sure if you will read this but just wanted to remind it's been five and a half years.
Did you by any chance managed to upload that record?

Thanks

C
kingofstrings92 (1 stories) (9 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-22)
Since you commented on my story, I'll return the favor:] Lol.

We have multiple abandoned hospitals here where I live, and a couple of abandoned asylums as well, each of which are reportedly haunted (especially the legendary Torrance State Hospital, which is right down the road here, known for its demonic activity). It's really cool you got the chance to explore one.

The fact you caught growling on film likely suggests something dark was with you that evening. While it would be easy to cast it off as an animal, the fact you yourself heard nothing + no other animal sounds (such as pattering of paws/scraping of claws) were heard adds some credence to this.

I don't want to bring another dark entity home with me, or otherwise I'd go ghost hunting in one of the many hospitals around here, especially Torrance. We'll see what comes of my ghost hunt at the Jean Bonnet Tavern, which I'll have a story up about soon as well.

Good stuff, though!
21914 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-19)
My friend and I both were by the cabinet and neither one of us heard it. It was only on the video that I heard it. I completely respect your ideas and I appreciate the comment
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
10 years ago (2014-07-18)
21914 - k, just for the sake of debunking here, the growl you heard when you were looking at the cabinet, did you by any chance check to see if there were any animals hiding behind it? A cat, raccoon, opossum, skunk, dog, etc may have been living there considering it is abandoned and the animal could have felt threatened by your presence.

And heat and moisture over time can create a fun house effect in mirrors. I'm not saying this is what happened, just offering non-paranormal possibilities for some of your situations.
21914 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-18)
I will try and upload it to YouTube as soon as I can figure out what the problem is.
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-18)
The file size is probably too big, so if you download a free video converter, you can convert it to a smaller size, like avi... Or else just upload it in 2 or 3 parts... And that's about it... I look forward to seeing this fine video...
elnoraemily (guest)
+3
10 years ago (2014-07-17)
The format may be wrong for youtube videos.

You may be able to link or embed it.
21914 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-17)
The video is on my computer and I can't figure out how to upload it to YouTube. Every time I try it says that it can't be uploaded. As for the name of the hospital I believe it is the Hazel Hawkins hospital in Hollister CA. Thank you all for your comments.
elnoraemily (guest)
+3
10 years ago (2014-07-17)
Do you have the video? If so, you should post it here for us to see.
ERizzy (1 stories) (51 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-17)
Would you please tell me which hospital it is. I'm curious:)

-ERizzy
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-17)
Do you by chance still have the video? It would be great to see it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: