You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Born With It

Real Ghost Stories

Born With It

 

I have an active poltergeist that has grown attached to me. From the day I was born (as my biological mother has always told me) I have been connected to the "other side". Don't get me wrong, I believe in a greater power, but I'm not into the whole spiritual guidance and belief system stuff.

But since I was really starting to get socially active and gaining my own personality, I also began to notice things happening around me. There have been many times where people who I hangout with have said they see something or feel threatened in certain places in my home with me. Even having someone stay the night can make things worse. My friends have woken me up during the night because they become scared and feel like they're being watched, it's very frustrating.

I know it is a poltergeist only because I Have been told by 2 Catholic priests. Both have said they don't want me near them. I still to this day have this active poltergeist, and if it feels threatened or pushed away, it does become physical. I have yet to actually see it. But I know that it is there, and sometimes it likes to make sure I don't forget it. Whether it be by flickering my t.v or playing my music. It wants me to know that it is still with me and it doesn't care if I like it or not.

I don't know what else to do with this, since I have no one to really go to, and because not many people believe in the paranormal I usually stick to telling my story and experiences with it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, elainamariehall, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-07-02)
I am also confused on the information involving the priests. Some clarity on that would help. Also, I'm on the fence regarding your activity being caused by a poltergeist (or two). There is a phenomenon that occurs with young people that sounds like your situation. The activity could be caused by you... If you are experiencing stress, not getting enough sleep, etc, you can actually cause this activity unknowingly. It's not something you've done on purpose, it is more of a side effect caused by emotions and energy. Basically, any negative thoughts, not speaking up, etc causes this energy to manifest in certain ways.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-07-01)
I think that LG and Melda are correct here. Although I have very faint knowledge of Catholicism (some of my coulegues are catholic) and also I do not have any personal experience of poltergeist but I think you should try wearing necklace or kada (a type of wristbands) made up of octal.
I think that would help
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-07-01)
I also think there are some details left out.

We've sort of had a similar reaction from a priest... But, despite the priest telling us he can't help us, he told us what to do. Such as, he recommended to see a particular psychologist first to work on a certain issue and then after some time come back to the priest. Reason being that some spirits are attached to you in ways relating to your upbringing or past hurts. Detaching yourself from past emotional trauma first helps in cleansing negative entities.

That's why I'm thinking there may be more to the priest reaction.

I also wouldn't refer to this as simply a poltergiest. If it's been with you since you were very young I think it's something more.
Jitow (362 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-06-30)
ElainaMarieHall,

Since you asked for suggestions, I think your situation could be misidentified. Your attachment seems a little bit more intelligent than a poltergeist, which is defined as a "noisy spirit", not to say the 2 priest are wrong, but based on what you have described, I would suggest that you research Familiar Spirits and generational curses and there are ways to break these ties and be free of it, if that is what you would like.
Chiku (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-29)
Poltergeist are energy imprints which can make objects move but I have never heard someone talking or communicating with potergiests. 🤔 😕 😲
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-06-29)
elainamariehall - ladyglow beat me to it. My reaction is the same as hers.

The Catholic priests could not have known that you had a poltergeist at home if they didn't even set foot in your house and it's highly unlikely that a poltergeist would be following you around. I am open to correction here but as far as I know poltergeists don't have the tendency to follow people around the streets. Or, on the other hand, did the priests come to your home? Still a very odd reaction from them.

I was raised Catholic and raised my children in the Catholic religion and have yet to hear of a Catholic priest who tells people to stay away from them because they are haunted by a poltergeist. In fact I myself had a mischievous spirit removed from my home by a Catholic priest.

You can look up Rookdygin's profile page (a very respected member of YGS) and try his cleansing method. This is the link to his page. Http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155.

Regards, Melda
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-28)
A couple of questions:

" From the day I was born (as my biological mother has always told me) I have been connected to the "other side"."

Could you be more specific about the reasons that made your mother think this way?

" people who I hangout with have said they see something or feel threatened in certain places in my home with me"

What 'something' have they seen? Do all these people report seen the same thing? Do they feel threatened if you leave them alone whilst at your house?

"I know it is a poltergeist only because I Have been told by 2 Catholic priests. Both have said they don't want me near them."

Huh...really? Did you go to church and the priest/s singled you out from the congregation? Did they explain the reason why you should avoid them without even offering their help?
I know the Catholic Church isn't particularly fast accepting any case of paranormal activity but, from that to openly deny any help to anyone that might be troubled by a negative force...
What else do you know about the priests?

According to Wikipedia:

POLTERGEIST -is a type of ghost or spirit that is responsible for physical disturbances, such as loud noises and objects being moved or destroyed. They are purportedly capable of pinching, biting, hitting, and tripping people. Most accounts of poltergeists describe the movement or levitation of objects such as furniture and cutlery, or noises such as knocking on doors.

Do you mean such activity follows you around? Did the priests witness it and that's why they told you not to go near them?

In my opinion, there's a lack and a vagueness of detail in your story, if you want to get help, it would be helpful to provide more information about your experience.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: