You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Small Spirit That Was Never Born

Real Ghost Stories

Small Spirit That Was Never Born

 

This is the next set of inexplicable occurrences I have experienced. Following up from my last story that was published, you might want to read the other one to fully understand my family. Since those happened, we moved to a new house just around the corner in 2011 due to my mother falling pregnant. But before this, she had suffered a miscarriage which deeply affected us all.

First, in the upstairs part of the house there is a long corridor that leads to my brother's room and mine. A few months of being in the new house, I was walking along the corridor when I heard foot steps behind me, running. I assumed it was my brother and turned around to tell him to stop running - but no one was there.

Secondly, for a long time now, it's even happening in the present, while I do the washing up I see a small girl running past the kitchen door. At first I assumed it was my little sister and ignored it, but when I saw it again, I noticed this little person was dressed in white and disappeared when it got to the back door and onto the patio. This freaked me out and I told my mum. She then proceeded to tell me that whilst everybody had been out and her and her mother (the clairvoyant) had been having lunch in the living room, they heard running foot steps upstairs. My grandmother said she thought it was the spirit of my mother's baby who had died, and she just wanted some fun. Like I said, I still see this little girl in white run past the door and now I just smile.

Another thing - my little sister (aged 2) was sitting at the bottom of the stairs when I was looking after her. I had the tv off as I was reading and I heard my sister talking. This was nothing unusual until I realised it was as if she was talking to someone as the conversation was like a call and response. All of a sudden the stair gate situated at the bottom of the stairs clicked like it had been opened and I heard someone climbing the stairs. I run out to the hallway to find my sister sitting at the bottom with the gate firmly shut.

Finally, yet again I was looking after my little sister while my mum and step dad had gone out for a run. My sister was at the table in the dining room painting in her high chair. I went to the loo and when I came back one of the paintings she had done and I had put on the other end of the table to dry was on the floor. This struck me as odd but I left the painting there to show my mum when she got back. I proceeded to do the washing up and keeping a close eye on my sister. Afterwards, I went back into the dining room and saw the painting I had left on the floor was back on the table.

These are not the only occurrences in the relatively new house and I will post more soon.

Other hauntings by kaysie_x

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kaysie_x, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
kaysie_x, sorry for your moms loss, I to have suffered a miscarriage. The emotional pain and physical pain are terrible. I have experienced shortly after about a year after mine, little things. Like my husband, children and I are at the grocery store, mind you our four children are right beside us, and my husband always feels like hes missing one. Or if were getting in the car, or playing at the park, I find myself looking for one extra child. I feel her, with me.
kaysie_x (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-06)
Okay I am going to write this in a future publishing, but I just wanted to say that my clairvoyant grandmother runs meetings in which she invites the public and a medium who gives messages. My grandmother got a message saying that there was a grandchild in spirit that resides in the family home.
Skeptic_not_Sceptic (19 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-04)
I'm not sure how a spirit that was never born can "age" in the spirit world. The emotions and mentality of the spirit would have to progress as well. It sounds to me like you heard a different entity than your unborn family member.
ConfederateGhost (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-04)
Oh val you beat me to it... As val has stated the age of the peoperty doesn't validate the authenticity of the haunting. It could well be the area or land that could be inhabited by the entity.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-03)
Kaysie, here's the thing about buildings and spirits: your house may only be 10 years old, but how old is the land? What was there prior to the house being built? Was it once part of a farm? Or was it built over where something else once stood? Sometimes spirits elect to be where something else once was.
I have a friend who swears up and down his 'new' farmette (really small farm) is haunted by native Americans. Apparently they like to play with gadgets in and around the house, which he only finished building maybe 5 years ago. They've plowed up a number of arrowheads, pieces of pottery etc. So it seems likely that perhaps a village was once there. So maybe, his 'new' place is haunted by spirits of the land.
Whether this spirit is the lost child of your mother, or another child - does it really matter? If she feels like family to you, blood related or not, then she's 'family' that simple. 😊 Personally, I think that if your mom thinks it is the child she lost, then that is who she is. It's hard to define or explain but a Mom knows her own.
kaysie_x (4 stories) (18 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-03)
Now you're being nice? No thank you confederate ghost, and the house is less than 10 years old.
ConfederateGhost (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-03)
This doesn't sound the spirit of your unborn sibling. It sounds more like a spirit of a young person who had had ties to that property long before you people moved in.
kaysie_x (4 stories) (18 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-03)
Thank you Miracles, that means alot! I've looked at the other things he put and he is merely a troll.

Elfstone - that's a remarkable theory, and one that needs to be investigated I personally think. I guess no one will truly know until they pass on.
elfstone810 (227 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-02)
I think a lot of ghosts are residuals, much like a recording, and thus appear in whatever clothing and at whatever age they were when the record was made. Actual spirits, on the other hand, can appear at any age and in any clothing they like. Perhaps they don't physically exist, but are images implanted directly in the brain?

I think that why ghosts appear the way they do and why they do of do not appear on cameras is one of the most fascinating questions in the field of parapsychology.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-09-02)
kaysie - you're doing very good 😉 Just thought I'd let you know 😆 Stay strong LOL
kaysie_x (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-02)
Valcricry- yes it is very curious as to what it is and either way something is here because you know when you can just feel it? It doesn't give off any bad energy which is why nobody in the house has bougt it up frther and we have all come to accept the happenings. As for your answer to ladyglow, I like that and it seems very possible! Thank you for reading.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-01)
Kaysie,
For what it's worth, I believe that it could possibly be the child your mom lost. On the other hand, it could as easily be someone else. Either way, it sounds as though the wee one has found a home with you.
I think ghosts are still able to learn things, probably from observing the living.
Lady-glow, I'm not sure if ghosts can age, or if it's an option they have. I know my twin, Jaime, kept pace with me for a good many years, even though he had miscarried. Maybe they appear in clothing out of respect for us? I know in most reports they wear what they were buried in, or the attire they wore most. But the aging thing... Now that is a Condon drum. Some say they stay the same, others claim they appear as they did when young. The we have reports like mine. Just another mystery of the here after, I suppose.
kaysie_x (4 stories) (18 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-01)
Ghostrider123 - that's amazing!

Miracles51031 - thank you for the support, I must admit I found it hard to ignore him. Juat trolls who have no life.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
11 years ago (2013-09-01)
kaysie_x - the site administrator has been contacted about the comments ConfederateGhost has left on many stories, not only yours. I have deleted all but the one left on your story and one other so that I can let y'all know we are taking care of this situation.

Unfortunately we can't prevent this from happening, but we can take steps to keep them from making further comments. The best thing to do, if you don't mind my advice, is to ignore them. Sometimes it will encourage them, which only makes the situation worse.

Never feel like you need to defend yourself, or your story, when someone like this jackass makes a derogatory comment on your story. I realize it presses a button that makes you want to lash out. Believe me, I know 😆 There are many times I have to get up from the computer and walk away before I say something I'll regret. And then there are times I say it anyway... And then I do regret it and have to apologize LOL.

I'm not implying you should apologize for anything you have said, or that you shouldn't have said anything. What I am saying, and taking the long train to say it, is try and ignore the idiots when they do this. All they want is attention and when we respond to them, they win.

Please don't let this discourage you and keep you from submitting any other experiences you may want to share with us.
ghostrider123 (1 stories) (19 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-01)
That happens many time. My uncle also communicated with a young white girl (6 years back) and nobody new her. After two years my uncle had a daughter and she when she grew up she was the exact girl my uncle talked with.
kaysie_x (4 stories) (18 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-01)
ConfederateGhost I haven't and never will try drugs thank you very much. I don't appreciate your rudeness as I would never lie about something that is strongly a part of my family's beliefs. If you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything, bye.
kaysie_x (4 stories) (18 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-01)
Lady-glow, I wish I could answer your questions but it all baffles me. Maybe as white is seen as a pure light and energy these spirits are seen as that. A child that was never born would have no exposure to any cruelty of the earth plane.
That is a very good question, personally I think that they keep the appearance they had when they passed on.
And the last one - this completely stumps me, I don't have a theory to that at all as I wasn't even aware something like this could happen.

Leslie81, thank ou for that I found it very helpful. It's interesting to know that I am not the only one who has had these experiences. Of course I feel no malice from this entity and my mother and I have come to accept it.

Thank you both for reading!
Leslie81 (1 stories) (36 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-08-31)
Very sorry for your loss. If you're interested in looking into it more, "preconception communication" is any communication with a baby before its even concieved, sometimes YEARS before. "Prebirth communication" is communication with a baby that is in the womb. Google either term and there are lots of stories and it goes into way more detail. It isn't restricted to just biological parents. Adoptive parents have experienced both with children they are going to adopt. Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, really any family member who is open can experience it. My youngest niece communicated to me several times before she was born. The first time was before anyone even knew she existed.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-08-31)
This is not the first time I read/hear about the spirit of an unborn child coming to "our" dimension, and there is something I have always wonder:
Why don't they choose to show themselves like newborn babies in their birthday suit?, like your little sister in this story that is even wearing a white -dress?
Do ghosts or spirits have the ability to age? Or do they keep the appearance they had at the moment of their passing?
And back to your story, if your mom had a miscarriage (I'm sorry for your family's loss) at what moment the little ghost acquired the "memory" to open and closing the gate?

I hope you do not mind that I'm using your story to ask all these questions, but this is something that I would really like to know.

Thanks for sharing. 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: