You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Born With A Demon

Real Ghost Stories

Born With A Demon

 

This story sounds utterly ridiculous. But it's completely true, and I'm really scared. I'm 16 and live in a relatively new house (about 40 years old, most houses in my town are about 100 years old and up). But there's something gravely different with this house. It just feels unsettled.

When I enter, and only when I enter, there is an acrid smell of rotting flesh. My parents only mention something when I walk into the house. This only started within the past year or so. This could be explained with my cats going outside and bringing in a dead animal. But the thing is my cats have never been outdoor cats. Also, my parents say it only smells this way when I'm home. Also the house becomes so dark and solemn.

I have been losing sleep. I average about 4 hours a night. The mirror in my bedroom acts as a portal, according to a medium. I have always been super uneasy about the part of my room the mirror is in. I wish I could take it out, but its built into my wall.

That's another thing. I wake up with scratches. I eliminated anything that could cause scratches one night and said a prayer to Gaia before I went to bed. That morning I woke up with 3 deep scratches going from left to right across my back, and I had nightmares all night.

Here's the kicker. I've been super sensitive to spirits my whole life. Always. One day I went to my therapist in a pensive mood. She wanted to use this sort of machine that sends you into a trance and delves into your subconscious. At first, all I saw was a scary tree with a lonely little kid sitting on a swing. The thing was, I had seen this little kid before. In my house...

Then it happened. A memory from when I was about 2. I thought it was complete bullshiat but when I described the bedroom from my previous house in great detail to my mother, she was almost in tears. What happened was I woke up one night. And looked into a mirror attached to a bureau. And there was a skeleton like entity surrounded by a black mist coming up behind me. I started screaming and crying and like any good mother would do, she sprang out of bed from a deep sleep and cradled me. And it was gone. Never to be seen again.

I was okay with this seeing that it was in the house we moved out of 14 years ago. But when I got home my brother was really agitated. He's 5 years older than me so he lived in that old ranch house for a few years longer than I did. I mentioned ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING to him from that session of therapy. But he seemed really distraught. I asked him what was wrong, and he looked my dead in the eye and said this:

"So it was like Christmas eve or something, in the old house. You must have been like. 2. Right before we moved. And I was sharing a bed with TiTi (my great aunt that we're really close to). It was like the middle of the night and I woke up because I had a bad dream about something hurting you. And I saw a skeleton peering into the room. Obviously I screamed and she woke up and it went away. So I tried going back to sleep, and I woke up again because of this like rank a** smell, and the skeleton was 3 feet away from me. I was never so frightened in my life."

That's what got me. I told him what happened at therapy and we cried.

Please help me. Theres other ghosts in my house that I communicate with regularly whether it be in a dream of by other means. A few may be evil, but the little girl I mentioned before tends to be a protector of sorts so I don't mind. But I think I was born cursed. What I'm telling you is 100% POSSITIVLY ABSOLUTLEY TRUE! And I'm scared. Something evil is following me. I'm depressed, restless, angry, scared, and becoming progressivley more obsessed with the paranormal, especially the dark aspects of it (even though I've always been super interested). Please tell me what to do. My parents don't believe in this kind of stuff. They're Catholic, and needless to say I'm the furthest thing from the perfect Catholic child. They tend to think my "visions" are drug induced, but they're definitely not because I only smoke and drink, and only when I'm not home. What do I do? Help.

Other hauntings by amzrox123

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, amzrox123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

flyguy (9 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-05-12)
Good day [at] amzrox123

What an interesting experience.

Is this still ongoing?

This sounds like it could be many things such as having involvement with demonic activity, and/or lost soul (s), possibly even dark soul (s).

I have a multitude of questions I would like to ask regarding your situation to understand this further: When you had these experiences, did the energy around you feel condensed and/or did you have a bad feeling about it?

Did you ever feel like energy got heavier on you at those times? If so, did the energy feel bad?

Did your brother experience the energy being off also if that was the case?

Also, how deep were the scratches you received and what colour were they?

I anticipate your reply and hope to find out more if this is still ongoing.

Thank you,

John Fly
fudope (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-30)
well, you have a huge problem. But, Ill try my best to help. I'm in CT as well. First off, you have to get rid of the mirror. If you cant, you better paint it so that nothing else comes out. Then hang or glue blessed crucifixes all over it. Now, I am getting a small picture or idea of where you are. Just from reading. I don't know if you are close, near, or on Indian reservation. Living near those areas are bad for these things. I would advise you to get a Catholic priest do a couple blessings. Your parents don't believe in this, but you said that they were Catholics? I am too. And the Catholic church is the only religion that will be able to do an exorcist. So once a priest explains this to them, they will believe it. You will need to hang rosary beads all over. And, if you were not baptized, I would suggest you do so. Then, go to a different place. Stay there for a couple of days, and see if its you... It could be you and not the house. Either or... No seances, and no ouiji boards. You will make this irreversible if you do that. Make sure you wear a brown scapular. What is not in line with what you said was that you saw a skeleton. The devil was not born. So where is this skeleton coming from? I cannot say that your story matches up. It could be that, there is something missing. Either or. I am not here to pick at your story. Regardless if the story is real or not, I'm just trying to help you. Keep in mind, you cannot talk to any of these entities. So, the little girl you are seeing, you are not allowed to talk to her either. Do not communicate with any of them. Who knows if it is a little girl? We don't know that. Furthermore, all bad entities cannot speak the truth. So therefore, what you see is not what you get. Whatever you do, don't be getting any shaman or witch doctor in there. Before you know it, everybody will end up dead. There is a famous priest who does these things in connecticut. Look him up if you have to. When in danger, cling to your Brown Scapular, your Rosary Beads, and your Crucifixes.
Montyam (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-19)
I think you should try Rooks way of cleansing. Do you know much about the mirror? I know it is very hard but try to talk to the mirror and ask it why the skeleton was there. You may get the answer you are looking for...
Gummy_Bearz (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-31)
Ok first of all don't be scared because I know what your going through and it's a demon. Don't be scared they feed off negative energy. I don't know what to do to get rid of them but stay strong because they get stronger with more negative energy in the air.
hallyberrybro (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
If you truely believe that this entity is after you. Cleans your house, your whole property and claim it as your own. Tell the evil entities they are not allowed to be here focusing mainly on the areas you feel are needed. Pray and make a barrier around you, your family and your property. Tell it that is can't come in. Have a serious conversation with your parents. If things get worse I would go seek professional help. Good luck and God bless.
Oh and also don't worry about being interested in the dead or demons or other scary things that go bump in the night. I love knowing stuff about the paranormal because I slightly have a gift. Its nothing to be ashamed of. Use your knowlege against it. Be safe. I'm here to talk if you would like.
Oerath (30 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-07)
So clearly you've gotten enough health advice here, but it's not a bad idea to take it. And while your story does throw up a few red flags, I tend to take all but the most ridiculous or obviously false stories at face value. So, with that said, my advice:

It sounds like your primary problem would be your sensetivity. If 2 aunts and your brother are all sensetive, then it likely runs strongly in your family. The more sensetive you are to the spiritual realm, the more important discipline and guidance are. Right now it sounds like you are wide open and flailing. You're at a particularly vulnerable stage of life, uncertain of yourself and your beliefs, and doubted by your parents and wider community. I would suggest finding a mentor, one of you aunts perhaps if they are more than mere dabblers. Learn to meditate and focus yourself, to close off your spiritual senses when necessary, and how to protect yourself from malevolent entities.

As far as the mirror goes, true permenant "portals" are exceedingly rare. Your previous negative interaction with a mirror may have created an association for you which is allowing it to act as a gateway, drawing on your energy. A mirror with a dark association may well be cleansed by a standard blessing, assuming you get yourself under control.

[at] Rookdygin: As far as the machine goes, there are certain branches of hypnotherapy which use machines which produce lights, sounds, and vibration to help induce the hypnotic state. I don't know a lot about them, or how effective they are, but they do exist.
MarieDRose (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-06)
First off Mirror out of the house. Remove the glass or something. Also I would recommend getting a priest or someone to come and bless your house and your family.
amzrox123 (3 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-05)
i really don't care if people don't believe my story
But. For the machine, its a common machine used in therapy sessions with teens, especially with attention and learning disorders. The vibration in your hands helps you focus, while the lights trigger deep seeded memories. Uhm. Yeah. I wouldn't believe this story either. I do have photos of the scratches though. So if you would like to see those for proof. My aunt Lori is a medium, so when she walked into my house, "she was like oh god something dark is here". As well as one of my best friends mother, her name is senta. The mirror is attached to the wall. So I can't just like get rid of it. I actually was given a smudging kit by my aunt because she's worried about the lack of sleep i'm getting.
sonri (2 stories) (91 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-05)
Your brother thinking about that incident, coincidentally, is in fact what solidified this story in reality for me. He may be a great asset to you in your life. I believe you, because of that. If it is in fact a concoction of different stories you've pieced together; I'm sorry. I can not help, except to say Honesty is a lesson one must learn, the sooner the better.
But, I believe you, honey. Just be careful of the friends you are keeping; good advice for all ages. I've been through more than I care to recollect; so take care what choices you make; and the sort of person you become. And, please post an update, I'll be here, wondering about you, in Connecticut, Amzrox123
Sonr i
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-04)
I have to say I'm very skeptical about this story. I'm not sure what sort of therapist would put a 16 year old under a trance (with a mystery machine) to dig up old and scary memories? For what purpose would this serve a 16 year old?

Sounds very much like the movie exorcist to me, complete with demonic scratches and all.

Also when someone is practically screaming at you in capital letters to believe their story, well that pretty much makes up my mind right then and there...
ngute80 (220 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-04)
So you went to a therapist and uncovered a terrifying memory from childhood with the aid of a machine. Then when you get home from your therapy appointment your brother coincidentally, all of sudden remembers a scary encounter involving you from many years ago.
Tenacious (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-04)
The mirror must go. I know this may not sound easy but you have to train yourself not to fear it. The more you think about it and worry the more it will manifest. And instead of blessing the house, why not try to bless yourself or clense your aura? This in return leav3es you feeling positive and good about yourself which is tyhe first step to eliminating the negative energy that is attracting these entitys to your home.

I hope this helps a little:)
Veris28 (1 stories) (4 posts)
-4
12 years ago (2012-06-04)
One point for your parents, do NOT bless the house, it is a temporary reprieve and when the spirits come back they come back with a fiery rage. It WILL make things much worse, in the same way a Ouji board or a seance would. What you want to do is exorcise the home, demonic entities which this appears to be, feed on the negative energy you put out and also of the other trapped spirits it's no doubt torturing. Get rid of the good tormented spirits it gets weakened then you can exorcise the bastard himself. But first of all it is important to understand why this is happening, so looking into the history of the house is a good idea, it may not even be the house itself it may be the land upon which it was built, cursed ground is very common in America for instance, more often than not it turns out to be desecrated Indian burial grounds. Once you know the history you can better understand your foe and thus be one step closer to defeating him. But you must not fear him, you must not just shout with your voice for him to leave, you must fight him in your heart, scream with your very soul for him to GET OUT, remember the people you love, the times you laughed and cried, be human, be a child, be innocent and keep love in your heart do NOT let the demon win like I almost did. Strength and Peace my friend.
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-04)
Mmm...I vote for the blankie. I'll be glad if you through the blankie Rook. I feel like bluefoxx01 on this. This child lives in his own fantasy world. I think he needs professional medical help. Machine that sends you into a trance... Never heard of such a machine. Within the medical profession drugs are used to sedate patients not machines. If anyone know about such a 'trance' machine please give us some input because I would like to know about it. Take care. Trix. 😉
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-06-04)
Let's say there you really are experiencing something... You readily admit to smoking and drinking at 16 years of age... My first question is where do you get either of these things? I know 'where there's a will, there's a way... But either you look old for 16 or someone is breaking the law for you...

Again, let's suppose something IS happening to you. Did you ever think, at least with the more resent haunting's, may be warnings to get you to stop what your doing to yourself?

Next...what machine induces a trance like state and allows for regression?

I've got the Blankie on Standby... Because I do have to admit... Something here kind of stinks...

Respectfully,

Rook
patgallagher (3 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-06-03)
this is not a ghost its a demon. Get an exorcist. (I know I may not be an expert but I know enough about demons to know when its a demon not a ghost)
ghost28 (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-03)
I'm so sorry for what is happing to you. I pray for people like you all the time. Maybe you should get rid of your mirror. Just give it anyway. If that doesn't work then maybe you should go see a physic. If you ever feel scared you can call on the little girl whom you say is your protecter and she will help you get rid of them. I really hope someone has the perfect answer!
bluefoxx01 (81 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-06-03)
I'm not inclined to believe your story when it ends with "What I'm telling you is 100% POSITIVELY ABSOLUTELY TRUE! Its like your saying please believe me, you may think its a crock of shiat but its true, I wouldn't lie would i?
And you receive regressive therapy from some psychologist to take you back to an earlier time just like in the exorcist movies, you have also included the classic scratch from the demon thing. And seeing a skelator creature is a bit much. Someone please pull out the blanket and cover this one!
robertar (223 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-02)
If your serious asking for help:

1. Why do you pray to Gaia and who do you think Gaia is? What does your therapist think about Gaia, and your prayer to her/it?

2. What help do you think others here might provide? Direct power, or advice?

3. Why do you mention that you are not a good Catholic? Are you addressing those who trust in the power of Christ, and noting that you are not interested?

4. Have you asked Jesus himself for help? Why not?

5. Some "experts" warn that inhuman spirits will pose as harmless, lost children, or as deceased relatives, to encourage people to invite them in, or at least tolerate their presence.

Regarding your gift/curse. Some people consider that sensitivity a gift. Others suggest that there is a natural veil preventing unclean spirits from contacting us, but that in many cases that veil becomes degraded.
hiya_hayz (5 stories) (66 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-02)
Could you give more information on this "machine" that was used in your therapy session?
lynrinth (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-02)
I usually recommend this now. There is a commentor named Rook. He has a houscleansing receipe. Several other commentors have has success with this. You can type his name in the search section, and it should come up with a story that has the receipe. Also, you should try to same calm as possible. I know, easier said than done. Then, in order to get a GOOD night sleep, have you thought of bunking in your brother's room? Just sleeping on the floor, if he will let you? Some times being in a group has strength. Or stay overnight at a friend's house. There is all kinds of websites with information to help, plus other commentors will surely come along. All I can say stay calm and strong as much as possible, catch up on your sleep any way you can, tell the spirits out of my room firmly, and maybe, just maybe take your mom or dad aside and go into detail what is going on... With support from your brother. Just some ideas. Good luck, and I will pray for you.
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-06-02)
Hi amzrox123, I had a mirror like that too. I removed it. I had many cats all my life and they never brought in anything with a smell of rotten flesh. If a medium told you that you have a mirror that acts as a portal why didn't you removed it or even covered it. A real medium would have helped you with that. You claim that your parents don't believe in this kind of stuff, but a medium visited your house.? My opinion to you is to get hold of your teenage life and stop smoking and drinking. Trix. 😕
meda1 (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-02)
i'm so sorry for your feelings it must really hurt...
...
sonri (2 stories) (91 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-06-02)
Can you cover the mirror, maybe tape over it or something?
You're very fortunate to have a family that cares for you. Your brother seems to be a bit of a "sensitive" as well, maybe you should envolve him more in what's going on, if you haven't already. Together, you can fight this. I would advise you, if you don't already know better, not to resort to a ouiji board, or seance of any kind. They can rapidly make things much worse.
Frequently, these abiltities are inherited. Your family may be exactly what you need to better understand and be able to overcome this. You are lucky to have them.
Charmy, I have to say is right, but you should also not drink. I started drinking at a very young age, because it helped me blur my sensitivity, or whatever it is; but you have people who care for you. You don't have to make those mistakes, and go down that road. You can have a bright future. You aren't alone.
Also, the longer you smoke, the harder it becomes to quit and the more damage it will do in the long run. Nervous fingers, and frazzled nerves make a religiously habitual smoker.
You may try forcing yourself into some good habits, it'll help you feel better, be able to relax, sleep better, and take your mind off the darkness, and more on your future.
Rigorous exercise is key, particularly if you're feeling angry, and tense.
Also, music that makes you happy, and lifts the mood, doesn't just work on the living.
Rearranging the furniture, and brightening the decor of your room wouldn't hurt either.
Wishing you the best,
S onri
Andrea22 (5 stories) (65 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-02)
I would get rid of the mirror!I'm sure you can find someone to do it... Some type of professional home repare person. I wouldn't suggest you do it though. If this mirror is really a portal, than I would be afraid that something would try to injure you as you take it down.I'm sorry you're going through that! Very very scary stuff. I wish I had the perfect answer... But all I can think of is to reduce it's ''doorway'' into your house. If your brother saw the same thing then you should probably stick together on it.
Charmy (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-02)
First thing is to STOP SMOKING! Next thing is to get that mirror out of your wall no matter how hard it is to get out. If you really can't, put salt around it to stop spirits coming out of the portal. You can't be alone in this as you said your brother saw the skeleton thingy too. Try finding out about the house's history. You may find something interesting. Talk to Mediums and pray every night. You could also get specialists to examine your scratches. I hope I helped. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: