You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Was My Brother Born Haunted?

Real Ghost Stories

Was My Brother Born Haunted?

 

April 13, 2001. That was the date my little brother was born. My family was living in Beroun, Minnesota at the time in a big blue house. Three nights after my mom brought my little brother home from the hospital my mom went in his room to check on him. She was really tired, as any mother would be. She had a feeling she had to check on him. When she got to his room she saw a dark figure standing over his crib. She just stood there. I was awake at the time, playing chess with my stepdad, so she got me and asked me if I could see it too... I did. My mom took a step forward and it looked up and vanished.

The next day everyone was talking about it. My grandmother said we should get him baptized or something. I agreed with that idea. Then my mom thought we should move his crib in hers and my stepdad's bedroom. After a little while we decided that the thing was just a hallucination, well everyone else figured it was a hallucination but I didn't.

Over the years I have seen the dark figure three other times, only when my brother is sleeping though, and it was always to dark to see what it really looks like.

If anyone has any idea what the dark figure might be you should please let me know.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shellito, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Blaqwynter (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-12)
I have issues with dark entities all my life. They have not harmed me "yet" but they do feed off negative emotions and feelings. Do not allow this entity to get close to the infant, as it may possibly be there to collect the soul of the baby... (Crib death) Also the entity may be telling you that a sickness may be lurking within the baby. Pay extra attention on the entity's actions toward each member of the family. However it could be a dark or "fallen angel" they look very similar to entities, who happen to be cloaked sometimes appearing to be wearing a hood. Now if it is a dark angel this is where its warning of possible grave sickness or death may be in the cards.
spiritual_twinkie (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-26)
I don't think your brother was born haunted 😕 I guess your house was haunted.
The figure must be of a demon or a spirit. 😐
Nephele (3 stories) (101 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-25)
has anyone in your family or close friends died that might want to watch over him?
whitebuffalo (guest)
+3
14 years ago (2010-08-25)
Oh, no, no, no, Shellito.
Your brother was NOT "born haunted".
I am going to have to keep myself in check on this comment, as it has the danger of getting rather long, but if you ARE on here reading these comments, I DO hope you pay special attention to both aussiedaz's and cosmogal's.

It is MY belief that every person starts out, and ends, in The Other Side. As a result, we have numerous friends STILL in "Heaven" that are very protective of us when we first arrive here in our Earthly lives. It would stand to reason that one of them, or even possibly more, might come just to make sure that we are happy and safe.
I know that it appears, as of late, that Shadow people are "bad", but that is NOT the case in all instances, Shellito. As Pendragon mentioned, Shadow People MAY (I can not sit here and tell you this is true in ALL instances, but it SEEMS to be true for MOST) simply be SEEN as a Shadow as they do not have enough energy to fully manifest.
There is also another school of thought that Spirits are concerned with our well being SO much, that they do not wish to frighten us. As they try to "shield" us from the "frightening sight" of a ghost, they may STILL be seen as a Shadow as the energy used TO visit may be strong enough to leave the impression, wittingly or not.
Kind of like an "Oops" moment.
As your Mother called in a witness (may I ask? Why is it that she called YOU in, and NOT your step-dad? You were BOTH playing chess...) and it remained as if not even noticing the extra movement at the door, and only LEFT (and acknowledged your presence) when your Mother took that step forward, I would say that THIS life impaired individual was JUST "checking" on your brother.
Just as your Mother felt the urge to do.
As you have seen this being four times, and only as your brother sleeps, I would have to think that this being MEANS NO HARM. It WANTS nothing of your brother, or anyone ELSE in the house, for that matter. It only wishes to KNOW that he is safe. It is watching out for him.
Wado
cristy (1 stories) (4 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-08-24)
maybee I'm just saying it might be that your
Little brother has a angle looking over him ❤
Noelle11 (2 stories) (13 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-24)
Shellito, I don't think you have to worry about the shadow. Somtimes its hard for ghosts to be completely solid, it seems, and shadows arent always bad. Just go off your instincts here, if he gives you a bad feeling and youre worried about your brother, kick him out. But if when you see him and you feel fine, even calm and safe, then the shadow is a good thing to have around. Good luck.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
14 years ago (2010-08-24)
Hi Sweety. It depends. They are working through a lot of new submissions right now. It usually takes a few days to a week. I've had it take closer to two when they had a backlog of stories.
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-24)
BJJ - I've come to terms with the fact that Blizzard can only utter incoherant ramblings. I gave up trying to understand.

Shellito - I agree with Daz; Many small children are born with guardians. Shadows do not man that the shadow person is evil, merely that they can not fully manifest into a more recognizable shape. Try having a blessing done, or go to your local church and have a prayer said for "special circumstances", and see what happens.

Penny ❤
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
14 years ago (2010-08-24)
blizzard43. What? Could you please re-phrase that into some relevant and logical format?
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-24)
It could have been a curious spirit, or like aussiedaz said a spirit guide, or guardian. I was also thinking maybe it was a relative who passed away before your brother was born and came to visit. In your story you don't mention that he woke up screaming, refused to sleep in his crib, or when he got a little older spoke of a mean man or monster so I don't think it was evil. Now that your brother is older has he ever mentioned seeing anything or having an imaginary friend? Has any other activity happened in the house lately? I know you are concerned for your brother and I hope that everything turns out well for you and your family. 😊 ❤
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+3
14 years ago (2010-08-24)
Ok, the dark shadow doesn't necessarily mean that there's an evil presence in your brothers room... The fact that both you and your mum saw it, probably vindicates it was something... Children in most cases are protected by spirit guides and guardian angels, so I doubt very much that they would let a dark force go near him... Just be careful as his growing up, that you guys don't make him feel different or unusual if he does have a gift... If he doesn't cope with it or becomes fearful... Those dark shadows may create havoc for the wrong reasons...

Regards Daz 😁
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-24)
Puppeteer13:
That's actually a good point.
Shellito: If there was a smell, describe it in detail, or for that matter, anything else that triggered your senses. A smell of sulfar or an extremely unpleasant smell is more than likely associated with a negative entity, hense why it has a horrid smell. The smell could also tie into the history of the house or land. (The smell of perfume could be tied with a female owner, for example).
Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-24)
Actauly if I may I have heard of entieies like the one you mentioned tell me was it just a dark shadow or was it the absence of everything else you know sound smell the other sences because if so I have encountered it before Feel free to message me If this sounds about right I would be happy to help you in any way
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-24)
Hmm, it may not be that you're brother is necessarily haunted, but that there may already be an entity in the house. If the house is new, however, you still also need to consider the land.
The entity may be appearing to your brother, because young children are more perceptive than older people, due to their willingness to accept more, without the skeptical mind that they aquire when they reach adulthood.
You may want to do some research on the house or area, as it is always a good start.
Also, be cautious, as this may be a negative entity. I'd recommend keeping a bottle of salt (rock salt works the best) or some sage handy.
Hopefully it is benevolent. I wish you luck with your problem. ^.^

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: