You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Mishappenings At School

Real Ghost Stories

Mishappenings At School

 

I am from Bihar but I had my studies in Assam in Sainik School in Goalpara. The school was far away from the town. The school campus was 500 acres in area and it still is. The main gate was around 2 kilometers away from the main building and hostels. From the school main gate, there were a paper and a dry cell industry 3 kilometers away. There was a back gate also and was nearer to the hostels. There were a few villages near the school main gate. Near the back gate, there were 2-3 shops. One was a general store, one paan (beetel) shop and one was a small dhaba (hotel). Going out of school was not allowed at all because it was a military school. We had to take permission to go out but only through the main gate and only for banking purpose (there was a bank in the village near the main gate).

I was in class IX, at that time, the fear of seniors was more than fear of principal. A lot of ragging was there at that time.

That day, one of my seniors called me and asked me to jump across the boundaries and buy a packet of cigarettes from the nearby village. I, with one of my friends, marched out. We had hardly gone a few steps ahead that the lights went out and there was no generator supply as it was 11 o'clock night. The generator was up only upto 10:30pm. We anyway moved forward as we didn't want kicks and belts.

After sometime, we were near the boundary. First my friend jumped and then me and we suddenly realized that unfortunately we jumped into the woods because of dark. We knew the way but were not sure about finding woods there. We assumed the directions and moved on. The woods were darker. The sound of the jackals was making it creepier. I was thinking about if we come across a guard here and get punished by the authority. And all my thinking stopped when I found that my friend was no more beside me. I started trembling from my head to toe. I had no cell phone as it was not allowed in the school but seniors anyway kept it and unfortunately I was not one of the seniors.

I thought about moving ahead. I shouted the name of my friend but in vain. I kept moving and suddenly heard some people talking. Soon the woods cleared and I could see light in front of me.

I went ahead to find that I had reached something called Western canteen, the name that I never heard in my four years in school. I asked the shop keeper,"Do you have a packet of flake?"

He looked at me and said,"you look too small to consume a cigarette."

"My seniors sent me. They will kick me whole day if I don't bring them their thing."

He asked me,"From which house you are?"

Actually the hostels are also called houses.

I replied,"Udaygiri"

He said that he didn't believe me because the next day there was cross country competition. Our house had been winning cross country competition for last 29 years and everyone was supposed to go to sleep at 9 only before the day of cross country. But again, there was no cross country next day. It was over 2 months ago. Even a practice was impossible next day. I gave him a confusing look. He handed me the packet of cigarettes and I asked him if he saw anyone of my age around. He shook his head.

I had never been to Western canteen. I moved ahead and suddenly something I saw froze me. There was a guard coming that way. I went back to the shop keeper and asked if he could hide me. He pulled me inside his shop and told me to sit on the bench inside.

I never knew when I fell asleep. When I woke up it was morning and I was sleeping on the dirt road which ran beside the school boundary. I was totally amazed. I shoved off the dust from my clothes and ran to my house. The cadets were moving for breakfast. I met my friend who had gone with me but he denied it. He said that he never went with me.

Later I found that many years ago there was a Western canteen at that place. There were also some woods at the place we landed.

When I told this to my friends they just laughed it off.

I stopped going at that place afterwards.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Staybloody, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Amor (5 stories) (64 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-07-13)
This sounds like a vivid dream after a rough day, where a person also tends to sleepwalk. But who knows what is real or what is just a dream. But we're curious about the packet of ciggies, as you didn't mention it afterwards. If it turned out to be leaves instead 😉

Thanks for the story.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-07-12)
Don't worry, sugarAndspice, not all high schools are like that - you'll do fine ❤

I too am curious to know whether you had the cigarettes!

If you weren't dreaming -and I suppose it is possible that you knocked yourself out going over the fence- it sounds as though you may have experienced a "time slip" where you were temporarily caught in a little pocket of the past.

It is curious that your friend denied any involvement. Could be that the whole thing was an incredibly lucid dream, which involved some fairly complex sleep-walking maneuvers. Even so, the topic of the dream seems to have been paranormally informed at least.

Definitely an interesting experience!
sugarANDspice (19 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-10)
That's scary. Now I don't want to go to high school. I hope my brother will protect me from bullies. I hate them! 😠

S&s ❤
lookingforamiracle (3 stories) (16 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-07-10)
Staybloody

My question is the same as Lady-glow's, did you get the cigarettes? I mean did you have the cigarettes when you woke up?

[at] Dee: yes the school he is writing about is military school and they are really strict. They are basically feeder schools for armed forces and follow the same rules as any military training academies.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-07-09)
Staybloody,

Interesting name. After reading your account, I realize there is some form of hazing done by seniors everywhere. It's hard being the youngest in school. I'm surprised the school would only allow you to leave to do your banking. That seems not only unfair, but boring. 😊

I wonder if it's possible that the incident was a dream? Or a prank planned out by the seniors? Just a thought.

Thanks for sharing,
Dee

Lady-glow, your comment cracked me up! 😆
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-07-09)
Did you get the cigarettes or did the seniors beat you up? 🤔

Staybloody... I hope you haven't stayed bloody since that day. 😐

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: