You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Cat Said Goodbye Before Moving On?

Real Ghost Stories

Cat Said Goodbye Before Moving On?

 

Morning everyone.

Just reading some of your experiences suddenly made something click for me. I am a 30 year old man, originally from Oxford and now living Jersey, Channel Islands.

This goes back approximately 20 years ago therefore it is rather difficult to remember all of the details, but I had 2 cats as a youngster and around the age of 10 or so, one of them became extremely ill and had to be put down.

Naturally, as I've always been a cat person I was devastated and really struggled to come to grips with the situation.

I believe it was that night that whilst asleep my cat appeared in my dream to assure me that he was ok, what happened in the dream was that my brother and I were on our way downstairs in the early morning and sat right on the rug in front of the fire place was our cat (in front of the fireplace was his favourite place to sit).

We both bolted over to crouch down beside him and stupidly (I mean it was a dream) I asked him if he was ok to which I received a nod and smile from him. That is all I can really remember from the dream itself.

It sounds nuts and at the time I honestly just thought it was where I was so upset that he was gone, but after having read so many different accounts on here, that maybe this was his way of letting me know that all was ok and not to be upset.

Appreciate this could all be coincidence as I was really upset with his passing, but any thoughts or comments will be received with lots of appreciation.

Thanks for taking the time out to read this.

Jason

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jason1987, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

The_Lost_Gypsy_Girl (1 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-09-13)
That was lovely to read. It brings me back to when I lost my dog to a tumour. I was so devastated. The next morning, I walked past my living room to go into the kitchen, and there she was, sat on the chair in the front room looking at me. This was her saying goodbye.
i-have-a-crush-on-firestar (1 stories) (24 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-02-24)
i'm so sorry for this terrible, devastating, loss, yes, he or she assured you he or she is fine, I suspect he/she is having fun in kitty heaven
Cecil-XII (guest)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-23)
Welcome to YGS, Jason! Thank you for sharing your story!

I personally love stories like this and I can indeed confirm that was indeed your beloved cat coming to say that he was okay, I had an experience like this myself when my dog died, so I know what you are talking about.

Deceased loved ones and this does apply to animals in the home to tend to visit those they cherished when they have passed. This is just to let them know they are alright.

Still, I hope you are doing okay now Jason. Losing a pet isn't easy and I'm sorry for your loss.

I hope you are alright, take care now.

Kind regards, Cecil.
jason1987 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-07-19)
Thanks CuriosDee and Melda. I'm glad that this was the case as really helps with getting over the loss
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-07-19)
Jason - I agree that your cat might have just popped in to let you know that he's fine.

I've had a number of experiences with my animals after they've passed on, even caught glimpses of a few of them. I've also heard them and recognised the sound of them walking down the passage to my bedroom. They all have a unique sound and feel to them.

So yes, I believe that he visited you in your dream!

Regards, Melda
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-07-18)
Hi Jason,

I don't believe your dream was a coincidence. I'd say you experienced a dream visitation. A dream visitation is very clear, emotional and the dreamer remembers the details for many years. I'm sure your cat was reassuring you that he was ok and that you needn't worry anymore.

Thanks for sharing a lovely story ❤
Dee
jason1987 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-07-18)
Thanks Tweed,

In all honesty I never really thought of it that way and just put it down to being upset, however having read other peoples accounts here made me think. It certainly makes it feel more comforting if that was the case.
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-07-18)
Hi Jason, thanks for sharing, I have a soft spot for the pet visits on here. 😊

As crazy as it sounds what you've described does sound like a visitation dream from your cat. My thoughts on this is that the emotion during these times makes our senses reach out for answers, and comfort. Sometimes we get a response through a dream. I think you were connecting to a truth about your cat being fine. I don't how it works, but I think your cat had some hand, or paw, in it too. Particularly if you had a strong bond with this cat.
jason1987 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-07-18)
Lady-Glow thank you for your comments. It was a really horrible time for me. I have not ever asked my brother if he had a similar dream, however I was generally closer to the cat than him so maybe it was just me that he was letting know?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-17)
Jason1987 - welcome to YGS.

I really enjoyed reading your experience though, have to say, it made my eyes water just by imagining how you felt after having to put your cat down.

I'm sure your kitty came to let you know he was fine, - I love the idea of a cat nodding and smiling.

Out of curiosity, - have you ever asked your brother if he had a dream similar to yours?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: