You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Weird Encounter

Real Ghost Stories

Weird Encounter

 

When I was about 6 or 7 I was visiting one of parents friend which had a little boy. I was always uneasy at their home due to the fact that I knew her husband was what we cubans call a palero, it's a part of santero or santeria. Well that day his mom had came from cuba to visit him. I don't remember all the details, all I know was his mom went to take a shower and I really had to use the bathroom so I waited by the couch looking toward the bathroom door anxious, I really had to pee.

I see her open the bathroom door, she closes it behind her so I get up to go to the bathroom but when I try to open the door, it's locked, when I knock she says "I'm in here" I look toward the bedroom and see a shadow walk in the room put it this way I was going to sleep over there that night, I never spend the night ever again.

Until this day I can't understand why I this thing I saw looked like his mom. Another time my mom was visiting her sister. We were at this house she was staying in. I was sitting in the sofa when my mom screams for me I go to her and she tells me who was that colored lady dressed in red you were talking to. I told her I wasn't talking to anyone, she said "well I saw here standing next to you, she look like she was talking to you". My mom freaked and took me out of there I really didn't see nothing but my mom was so shook up I had to believe she really did see something.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lissette, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

rootwomin (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
interesting story.

the nervousness due to being in the casa of a palero is touching, especially coming from a child, however the occurance seems to have very little to do with that religion.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-25)
Yes, water is a great conductor for spirits or ghosts. Flowing water creates energy. Right? That's why an EMF reader will go off if there is even water flowing underneath a house. That's probably why some places have more ghostly activity than others. Ghosts and spirits are ALWAYS around. EVERYWHERE! Even right now, they are there near you. Just because you don't feel it does not mean that they are not lingering about. They don't have to bother with you all of the time or at all for that matter! Good call Buffy.

Lissette, do you think that it could have been a ghostly image of a family member that looked like this woman?

Shelby ❤ 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-25)
But also think on this...
Water is supposed to be a great conductor for Spirits. So bathrooms, and especially one in which the shower is running, would have a lot of moisture in it.

Lissette, you are absolutely sure that it was this SAME woman's image that you saw BEFORE she emerged? Could it have been someone with extremely similar characteristics? An older or younger version (which would suggest a family member), was she wearing the same clothing?
Once again, I seem to be posing more questions than answers. I am still having problems thinking this one through.
Thank you.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-25)
Yes WB, I think you would be right. If it were a 'Doppleganger' coming out of the bathroom, then you would only guess that if the woman was still in the bathroom, wouldn't they have crossed paths? Or been in the same "time and space" like you had said. She must have astral projected herself but I don't understand that either, because I didn't think you could do that within feet of where you are located. I mean, why would someone astral project themselves coming out of the bathroom and to the bedroom and then come out minutes behind it only to do the same thing. Strange! Do you think it's possible that lissette had a flash from the future? Or that she had to go to the bathroom so bad, she may have imagined it. After a shower, people usually tend to go their bedroom to get dressed. I'm not sure about it all. There are a few explanations but a 'doppleganger', I think not.
Shelby
❤ 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-25)
Thanks Shelby. Sometimes I have to wonder if the same thoughts brought by our belief system is an "all around" thought or if it is merely how WE see things as being. You know?

So, with that being the description of a doppelganger, this woman would have had to Astrally Project (Out Of Body Experience) herself out of the shower, right? Because if it was a Doppelganger that emerged FROM THE BATHROOM, would that not be "sharing the same time and space?"
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-25)
I have heard exactly that WB. A 'Doppleganger' is the exact copy of someone not a mirror image. If you are good, than the other will be bad and vice versa. If you are to meet face to face, you will perish.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-25)
Actually, in my experience, a shape shifter is more of a switching between two separate bodily forms. For instance, a Grandfather who can turn himself, knowingly, into a bear to fight off an enemy that in his form of a Grandfather he would not be strong enough (on his own) to fight.
And a Doppelganger is a double of that same bodily form. They are most generally viewed as a bad omen, but are not necessarily connected with bad luck. They appear to be an exact copy (not mirror image) of a person. It kind of goes along with that saying that everyone has a twin in the world somewhere. It is generally thought that if you are a good person, then your "twin" is not, and vice versa.
If I had a choice between just these two in a description of what happened in this instance, I would have to say Doppelganger. However; is it not said that if the copy of someone meets the original of someone (in the same time and space) then they both perish? Or is this just something that the Wise Men say to keep us on the look out?
Thank you.
Astral184 (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-24)
I have heard about this before, I think they call them'shape shifters' who can take on the appearance of someone, I guess similar to a 'doppelganger'and apparently, you and your family are sensitive to their presences.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-24)
Please excuse me just for a moment, Lissette.

Bell, I do not know the thoughts or feelings of Lissette on the Palero, but all that word means is an initiated priest/priestess. Santeria blends African Shamanic religion with elements of majic, spiritism and Catholisism. A very interesting mix, to say the least.

Lissette, I think, in the bathroom experience that you did see this woman Project herself. Often times, the only real time I have to think out the future aspects of my day is when I am in the bathroom. Sorry, being brutally honest here. Maybe her mind formed something that just had to be done and she "went with it" so to speak.
As for what your mother saw at her sisters place, I would have to say you probably had an entity trying to make contact with you. Perhaps as you were the younger one there, she thought to try you as youngsters seem to have a better ability to sense things. It seems once we become tainted by the worlds views, we seem to lose some of that ability. What she did not know, though, was that it was your mother that she should have whispered to.
Thank you for sharing this.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-23)
Hi lissette. You mentioned you were uneasy at the friends house because the husband was a "palero, it's part of santero or santeria" I'd be interested in knowing what that is about. Thanks for sharing your story.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-22)
sounds like you (and / or) your family may have the ability to be sensitive to 'things' around you that others are not.

God Bless!
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-22)
Hi lissette. That has never happened to me before but I have heard of similar experiences from other members of this site. Have you ever heard of a 'doppleganger'? Check this site out:http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/viewarticle.php?id=201
See if this is similar to what you experienced. Atleast it is one explanation. Thanks for sharing your experience. ~Shelby ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: