You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Encounter With A Scaly-skinned Entity

Real Ghost Stories

Encounter With A Scaly-skinned Entity

 

A few months back, I had a spooky experience at my hostel in the city of Lucknow, India. I had two roommates one of which was my cousin sister and the other was a senior in her 4th year of college.

Before I start my story I would like to tell you that often a house lizard would come into our room, because my sister and I were super scared, ma'am (senior) would have to shoo it away. A few days before my experience my cousin went home for a few days so me and ma'am were the only people in our room. Also, me and my sister had our beds kept close together whereas ma'am's bed was on the other end of the room.

One night, I had a weird dream that I don't remember but I was feeling lost and exhausted while sleeping. Suddenly, I woke up to a really loud sound which is hard to explain but it was something like a loud shhh, followed by a dolphin-like chirpy sound (house lizards also make a similar sound.) These two sounds were repeating themselves one after another and were exceptionally loud. I was confused where was it's source and thinking every person should be awake by now at such a loud sound.

Suddenly, my eyes went to the right of the room and I saw a very thin figure standing by the window facing maam's bed. It was standing sideways and was lean. The figure was really tall and the little light through the window that hit its chest-abdomen region showed blue-grey scale-like skin. It was unsettling but my initial instinct was it must be ma'am. I called the figure "ma'am?" a few times & asked it "are you shooing the lizard away?" (assuming the shhh sound to be the shooing sound & chirpy sound to be that of a lizard) I kept asking it for a few seconds before my eyes looked at ma'am's bed and I saw her feet. (There were tables and other stuff blocking a clear sight of her bed so while laying down in my bed I could only see the end of her bed.)

The realisation hit that she's sound asleep, to confirm I rose a little higher and saw her asleep, as I realized this the figure started disappearing. It got lighter and was gone within seconds.

The sound that was continuing also disappeared along with the disappearance of the figure. The sound disappeared just like a bird's sound is louder when close and fades away as the bird flies further away. But that sound faded away much quicker than a bird's would.

For the next few minutes I lay frozen like a dead body. I couldn't feel my heartbeat or my breathing at all. I knew I had encountered a being from a realm unknown but I knew nothing what it was or what was it doing. I was wondering if I was dead because I really felt no heartbeat and no breathing in me. In five or ten minutes I checked my phone and the time was around 4 am. I had college the next day so I went back to sleep. But even today I keep wondering what it was and I am desperate to find answers to my confusion.

If anyone has had a similar experience or if you have a theory or any questions regarding this experience of mine, please comment. I highly appreciate your involvement. Thanks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chitrika, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

This comment from _Wraith_ is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Awake1111 (18 posts)
-3
6 years ago (2018-09-05)
Ive made contact with extraterrestrials that make weird chirp noises. They usually communicate telepathically but they can communicate verbally and it sounds like weird chirp noises. Alot of people really don't realize a lot of these supernatural cases are from aliens. And there are scaly grey green aliens. You should research abductees stories describing the chirp or barking like language and youll probably be shocked of how similar your experience was. Youve probably been abducted many times and not know it and they don't always take you physically they can take you spiritually
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-08-02)
Thanks, CuriousDee - that makes a lot of sense! And jeepers-creepers that bit with the spiders would freak me right out! It reminds me of a scene from the movie "Something Wicked This Way Comes" based on the novel by Ray Bradbury - it absolutely terrified me as a kid!

Chitrika- I think what you experienced may have been paranormal. Your relaxed state may have in effect been similar to meditation. In that calm open state, you may have been more receptive to paranormal encounters allowing you to see either an entity or an echo from the past.

With regard to the account at hand, I think the hallucination theories truly do hold water and are the most likely explanation. However, just in case, I decided to have a poke about on the internets to see what folklore from the (very) general vicinity had to say about "Scaly Skinned Entities". And there actually were a few things to be found. What popped up the most often was that house lizards are often seen as bad omens even harbingers of disease in many areas of India and elsewhere.

The first reference I ran down was quite dodgy but where resources regarding cryptids are concerned... They generally are... But according to this source, lizard men sitings are a world wide phenomenon. If you want a chuckle, just take a gander at some of their photographic evidence - I particularly enjoyed the cast of the "footprint";-)

Http://www.tsemrinpoche.com/tsem-tulku-rinpoche/science-mysteries/creepy-tales-of-the-lizard-man.html

Another source focusing primarily on tales from the Arabian gulf tells of Um Homar (Donkey Lady) a half-woman, half-donkey creature who seeks out and eats kids. "In some versions of the story, she turns into a lizard that is able to climb the wall to the other side..."

Http://folklorethursday.com/folktales/stories-from-the-arabian-gulf-bu-draeyah-um-homar-and-the-survival-of-qatari-folktales/#sthash.aUIFizeQ.LrMADVOo.dpbs

There are also Nagas taken from Hindu tradition: "Naga, (Sanskrit: "serpent") in Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism, a member of a class of mythical semidivine beings, half human and half cobra. They are a strong, handsome species who can assume either wholly human or wholly serpentine form and are potentially dangerous but often beneficial to humans."

Https://www.britannica.com/topic/naga-Hindu-mythology

So without going on and on, suffice to say that there is resident folklore enough to support this siting to have possibly been something paranormal. However, there was also fuel enough during the day for the OP's brain to have picked up and melded into one wicked hallucination that evening. For me, the jury's out 🤔
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-01)
Hey DC!

If you hadn't fallen asleep or just woken up, your experience wouldn't fall into the Hypnagogic or Hypnopompic hallucination category. I agree with the possibility of Chitrika 'hallucinating' a figure with scales after dealing with the house lizard issue.

Chitrika, please understand, these hallucinations do not mean you are 'crazy'; they are bizarre, but a relatively common phenomenon.

❤ Dee
DirtCreature (guest)
+4
6 years ago (2018-08-01)
I agree with CuriousDee. I think it was most likely a hallucination. I posted a story on here a while ago about seeing a burnt apparition. I was not asleep. I was laying with my eyes closed and when I opened them I saw the burned man. I researched the area years after the experience and where I used to live there had been many fires in the area in the past. To this day I don't know if maybe I had been hallucinating or had seen something because I did not fall asleep. I was simply resting. Is it possible to hallucinate this way?

Apologies, I do not mean to hijack your story Chitrika. This is just a fascinating thing to me. If you were asleep, you could have been dreaming because your mind was recycling the events of the day about the lizards. I think there is a possibility of an entity but I lean towards a dream. Thank you for sharing.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-01)
Augusta,

Good question. It's possible to move a bit and interact with others during these types of hallucinations. As an example, from my experiences... I would frequently have a certain hallucination upon waking that involved spiders. I would literally sit up and scream, pointing at it/them. I could clearly see the spider (sometimes many) in my otherwise normal surroundings. The hallucination didn't cease until my partner would jump up and turn the light on. He learned that was the only way to 'make it go away'. 😜 And no, I don't mind spiders Lol

Whatever you see in the hallucination appears very real until it dissipates or disappears altogether. Once I learned about Hypnagogic and Hypnopompic hallucinations, and how many people experience it, it made sense. My daughter also has experienced it. It makes me wonder about heredity?

Hope that helps ❤
Dee
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-01)
Just a curiosity - I know very little about hypnogogic hallucinations but as it seems as though they are dependent upon the dream-wake state, wouldn't the fact that the OP consciously sat up while still viewing the apparition make a straight hallucination somewhat less likely? I would assume that had it been such a sleep-addled-brain-malfunction, the vision would have disappeared once the mind and body successfully executed a conscious physical motion. 🤔
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-08-01)
Lady-Glow,

Thank you for clearing that up for me! 😊

Chitrika,

Please disregard my question on my comment 😊
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-08-01)
CuriousDee - I remember from a previous story, that in India they refer as 'sister cousin' to their female first cousins.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-01)
Hi Chitrika,

I second lady-glow's suggestion of sleep hallucinations. I recommend reading up on Hypnagogic and Hypnopompic hallucinations. They can occur at the onset of sleep or while transitioning from sleep to awake. The hallucinations can include auditory, tactile and visual incidents. I've experienced these types of hallucinations and while they seem very real or frightening, are just a product of our brain misfiring so to speak.

I was a bit confused on who was sharing your room though. You mentioned: "I had two roommates one of which was my cousin sister and the other was a senior..." I see you called the senior 'Ma'am' but was wondering if there were three roommates (cousin, sister and senior)? You alternated the terms cousin and sister, so I wasn't sure if there was a typo?

Thank you for sharing
Dee
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-01)
chitrika - perhaps what you saw that nitght was only a hallucination.

Please check the following link for information about sleep hallucinations:
Http://sleepeducation.org/sleep-disorders-by-category/parasomnias/sleep-hallucinations/overview-facts

I imagine how scary it was for you to see and hear this creature but, it is comforting to know that there's a scientific explanation for such 'encounters' (for a lack of a better word).

You shouldn't worry if this was a one time incident, in my opinion, the scaly figure wasn't the spirit of a prince trapped in a lizard's body (just kidding!)

Have you ever mentioned this event to ma'am? Do you think performing a pooja would make you feel better and safer?

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: