You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Birth Date And Death Date

Real Ghost Stories

Birth Date And Death Date

 

The most satisfying relationship in my life is the one with my maternal grandmother. She's my best friend, my first love and she holds a significant aspect of my peace within her being; I feel secure and unconditionally loved in her presence. And though, I moved to Atlanta years ago, I'd visit New Orleans frequently, we'd talk often and she'd mail cards religiously.

On my birthday, August 24, 2018, she died in ICU from cardiac arrest (she was in the hospital for a UTI and dehydration) and I am wondering, if you all find any significance in her dying on my birthday or is it a coincidence?

Also, I don't want to read too much into this, but I believe her presence might be near, because-- I feel the same wave of calm every so often that I felt when she was on earth. And the night she died I felt a vibration on my hands-- the next day, I felt that same vibration on my lower lip. I have read that when a spirit touches you, it feels like a vibration. What are your thoughts?

Lastly, her favorite color is yellow and two weeks ago while at the Banana Republic I saw a yellow dress and (for no apparent reason) I was contemplating buying it for her funeral, but she wasn't even sick. I'd also cried at least 3 times this year at the thought of her departure, though she had no ailments. My mother shared with me a few days ago that my grandmother told to her to give her wedding set to me when she passes. Are things things meaningful regarding her transition?

I would appreciate any feedback.

Other hauntings by CreoleEmpath

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CreoleEmpath, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-12-31)
I wanted to see if you had put your experience of your Maw Maws passing on here as well, so I could read yours. Given the time you posted it, I feel that I would have already read it, as I'm always on here reading the latest stories. I find it very interesting that you said before she had passed, you had a feeling that it was near. I too had a feeling that my Mamaw would pass soon, and couldn't seem to shake the feeling. But mine started more towards her last year. It was very heavy at that last Christmas with her, that I just knew it would be our last with her, and did not want to ignore my feeling I had on that, so I'm very happy that we (my family) all decided to take a family picture together that Christmas. With something telling me it was our last with her, I wanted to at least have a recent photo of our whole family together one last time, since our family only got all together for the holiday's. She was the glue to our family, and since that Christmas, my family no longer wants to all get together anymore. This past Christmas I at least got most of our whole family to get together, in fear that this may be our last with my Papaw (my Mamaws husband). But unfortunately did not get a picture of us this year. Our family doesn't really take pictures of all of us together, so the fact that we got one for my Mamaws last Christmas, made it even more special. I love AugustaM opinion on your birthday being the date she passed on, as I personally would be able to make peace with that thought. I wouldn't have even thought of that being a possibility, but to hear it makes it easier to accept. I hope that you're able to find peace with AugustaM thoughts on it. Thank you for sharing your experience of her, as I loved reading about it.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-16)
CreoleEmpath,

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your loved one.

I don't believe in Coincidences either. I honestly believe all is happening for a reason.

And if you had this urge to buy that yellow dress maybe it was to celebrate her passing, as it was her favorite color.
To maybe brighten everything surrounding her passing.

I've read about synchronicities and what pops out at you is a sign to pay attention.

I think she has definitely been around you, and is watching over you.

Thanks so much for sharing, this is going into my favs.

Sincerely
Spiritwaiting
CreoleEmpath (3 stories) (12 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-07)
AugustaM,

I think you might be right. Especially, since I'd be having a feeling of doom.

Also, at her funeral an unusual sign occurred-- and I'd been praying for an unwavering clue that she is happy and well.

Thank you for the input.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-07)
Perhaps your grandmother and loved ones who had passed on before her knew it was her time and part of her made the decision that the day should be your birthday so there would always be joy on that day to mitigate the pain of loss.

I just don't really believe in most coincidences - that out of all the ways certain events could go that some come out so uncannily, it seems to me as though there must be something more at work than mere chaos. My personal feeling is that all of your experiences surrounding her passing were in their own way significant.

Aporetic (5 stories) (125 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-04)
Greetings, CreoleEmpath

My condolences on the loss of your beloved grandmother.

That you still experience a sense of peace tells me that is her way of letting you know that she's at peace, and for you to live your life. Her death date may be coincidental, but I think it's glorious. Birthdays are usually celebrated, so remember her fondly and celebrate her life on your birthday (even if you did so every day she was alive or do so every day, now that she's passed on). I think that's pretty darn special!

I can't offer anything knowledeable about the yellow dress, but I'd like to think your grandmother sent you the image. It is not uncommon for people to know when their time is near. In my experience, with family and friends: they suddenly experience an overwhelming need to make amends, to see everyone and wish them well or apologise for any hurt they may have caused etc. Your gransmother sent you the yellow dress image - the colour yellow is attributed to sunshine, happiness, hope AND REMEMBRANCE!

With warm regards,
Apo
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-04)
Hi CreoleEmpath,

I am very sorry for your loss. I imagine how hard can it be because I am also very close to my granny and just the thought of losing her makes me want to cry.

Your granny dying in your birthday seems to me just an unfortunate coincidence, nonetheless she might still be watching out fot you. Especially because you were so close, you are still grieving ands it's hartd to let go.

This is such a case that only time will help, it will heal, might leave a scar but will get better with time. Treasure those special moments you lived with her, those precious memories. She will be watching out for you. 😉

Take care and thank you for sharing. ❤
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-04)
CreoleEmpath - My sincere condolences. I realise that your pain is still very raw. I believe your gran foresaw her death and this came across to you because you were so close.

A rather tragic event happened in our family as well. My father-in-law passed away as a result of a heart attack three weeks after his 70th birthday. This happened on my sister-in-law's birthday (his daughter) and coincidentally it was also Father's Day.

It also just so happened that her parents were spending the weekend with her, so it wasn't long distance news for her, he was actually there. This was obviously my husband's father as well.

Needless to say, especially for my sister-in-law, what a heartbreaking experience for her to lose her father on her birthday and father's day 😭

Continue to think of your gran and chat to her - she'll hear you and respond in some way.

Regards, Melda
CreoleEmpath (3 stories) (12 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-03)
Hi,

Let me clarify because I am and have have been discombobulated. I saw the dress on 8/17 and she passed on 8/24. I initially typed two weeks, but it was just one.
CreoleEmpath (3 stories) (12 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-03)
Hello,

I saw the dress one week before her death. She was 88 years-old.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-03)
It might be just coincidence, but I suspect your grandmother knew, or had an idea that, she would soon pass.

You don't mention how old your grandmother was at the time you saw the dress. I suspect, though, that you had some idea she would soon pass.
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-09-03)
Hi there!

Sorry for your loss. I think it is just a coincidence that your grandnan passed away at the exact date of your birthday. It seems that your grandnan's telling you that she is already at peace (feeling of calmness). I remember my grandfather passing away and we can still feel him as if he was there but that's a different story. Thank you for sharing and we hope to read more stories from you!

Z ❤ ❤ ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: