You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My "two" Sons

Real Ghost Stories

My "two" Sons

 

While in the kitchen last night conversing with my husband and 14 year old daughter, the conversation became too sophisticated for my 9 year old son, who was sitting on the sofa in the family room (The family room and kitchen area is open, but there's a mid-level wall which the sofa is up against). Since the conversation was too mature for him-- we began whispering, but shortly thereafter, he ran up the stairs. Since, he was gone, I decided to turn down the TV, so that if he decided to come back down-- we could hear him and change the subject. Once I got to the sofa to grab the remote, I saw my son still sitting there playing a video game.

To be clear, not only me, but my husband and daughter saw him run up the stairs. I am confused. I would like to know how that could happen and what that could have been. My son is an energetic person (ADHD), but I'm not saying that to say it was him (the actual him) running up the stairs-- I'm saying that because I'm wondering if his energy could be manifesting outside of his body. I'm at a loss.

I will say that my neighborhood is small and in a rural area in North Georgia (Canton). The neighborhood has had a couple of suicides and attempted suicides. We also had a grandmother and her two grand kids die right outside of the subdivision in a car accident. I don't know if that is relevant. Also, I don't know what the land was prior to development. But everything was built around 2006 and from what I saw, it was woods.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Other hauntings by CreoleEmpath

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CreoleEmpath, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+5
5 years ago (2019-09-17)
Your account is actually not that uncommon I hear of these accounts quite often, String theorist believe there are multiple upon multiple universe's and we exist in many of these universe's living almost identical lives although the deeper they go the variables can change a wee bit and I'm inclined to believe the theory is close to the mark. However I feel there is a lot more going on than what the theory has to offer however my 2 cent worth is only based on speculation and some educated guessing.

Anyway, I do theorise from time to time these universe's kind of mesh together through the wave function of quantum law presenting these little glitches where we see ourselves or others in our family moving around in these other realities for short periods of time. Nothing to worry about of coarse it's not the evil twin like some folklore think it is,

thank you for sharing it.

Regards Daz!
Dar77 (10 stories) (64 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-09-16)
I have no advice, but wanted to say how creepy your story was. Thanks for sharing
CreoleEmpath (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-09-03)
Cherubim,

A Medium friend of my mine stated that he might be able to spirit travel outside of his body. She did say that it's dangerous for someone who isn't knowledgeable to do it subconsciously. I still don't know for sure what it was...
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-09-01)
That's amazing, I've never known this to happen to anyone before. I've heard of a "doppelganger" before, here is the definition: A doppelganger is a mysterious, exact double of a living person. It's a German word that literally translates to "double walker" or "double goer". A doppelganger isn't someone who just resembles you, but is an exact double, right down to the way you walk, act, talk, and dress. I hope you can discover the source of that mystery some day. ❤
CreoleEmpath (3 stories) (12 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-08-23)
RCRuskin,

Correct. My real son was the boy on the sofa. The "spirit" ran up the stairs.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-08-22)
Hi, CreoleEmpath.

So, would I be correct in thinking the doppel went upstairs and not your son?
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-08-22)
There exists plenty of material concerning the existence of doppelgangers. You may be able to read or view some case files after a short perusal of the internet. Your case seems to fit in this category. If it is a case for doppelgangers, then you may experience a episode like this at a later date.
CreoleEmpath (3 stories) (12 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-22)
I personally can say that the energy in the house DID shift AFTER I gave birth to my son in 2010. Not anything overbearing, but I've heard a female voice in his room and AFTER THIS LAST OCCURRENCE my daughter stated that she has seen my son's "twin" for many years.

An older neighbor I've helped in the past mentioned things being moved in his home, but he lived alone (has since passed).

Yes, I did speak with my son after seeing him still sitting there.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-22)
This is me, before my morning cup of coffee. (I only just got out of the shower and decided to check... Heh, tmi, sorry.)

Want to make sure I understand:

You were talking with your family about a topic you did not care for your son to hear at that time. You saw him get up and go upstairs, then you saw him still sitting there.

I'm not sure which is the 'hallucination' for want of a better word. Did you converse with your son after finding he was still present, or did he fade away to reveal he was a ghost/spirit/something else?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-21)
I second WisconsinLady on her request for more information, specially if you have other unexplained experiences before/after this one.

Given the history of the area, this could be a spirit mimicking your son. Having your house cleansed or blessed according to your personal beliefs as a preventive measure wouldn't hurt.

Thanks for sharing.
WisconsinLady (1 stories) (52 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-08-21)
The Canton area seems to have a fascinating (and often tragic) history. A quick Googling shows the connection of Canton and Fort Buffington with the Trail of Tears. Also, Canton was burned during the Civil War.

Switching subjects, I have been diagnosed with combination ADD/ADHD (and other things). Are there anymore examples of unexplainable events you might attribute to your son's energy? I'd like to throw in my personal opinion based on my own experiences, but would love a little more info.
Thanks for sharing your story! ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: