You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: White Creature While On A Hike

Real Ghost Stories

White Creature While On A Hike

 

I am not the kind of person that really believes in the type of thing where all beings that aren't of this world are evil. I feel like there is another side to things, where there are beings that live quietly and do not want anything to do with us. I like to think that not all of them are particularly evil.

At the time, I was 16 (going on 17 in a few weeks) and it was a warm night in late July. My sister (calling her Isabel) and I were visiting my friend's house in Port Townsend for the weekend. After this incident I did some research and found the area is known for its paranormal activity.

So my friend (we'll call him Bailey) suggested we go to Fort Worden that night and do some "ghost hunting". My sister is the type that is always up for a thrill and I am too, though when I do I often chicken out but I don't act on it. I just act like I'm fine with the situation and keep going on.

Before you start telling me this is fake, I just want to clarify, I'm telling this story to maybe get some answers? I am not very knowledgeable about spirits or anything so I would appreciate some feedback! ♡

So that night before we left, I put on a long sleeved shirt and some jeans since this is a trail in the middle of the forest we're talking about, and I borrowed one of Bailey's hoodies because the color pattern made me think of Spider-Man. We're very obnoxious and joke around a lot.

So we set out to the Fort Worden trail at about 9:30 pm, and got there at 9:45. We each had a flashlight, but Isabel wanted to walk in the pitch black. My anxiety was telling me to leave the flashlight on because of wild animals like bears or cougars, but I really doubt they would want to come anywhere near people.

At the beginning of the hike, Bailey and Isabel were yelling things like "come fight us, demons!" "Throw hands" and then Isabel added "Don't bother Yona, though, she is pure and doesn't want to hurt anything". I'm apparently the good child lol

After about an hour and a half of walking around the abandoned bunkers, climbing a creepy ladder, finding an abandoned house that was boarded up, I was started to get really anxious and asked if we could head back. My sister, of course, wanted to keep exploring, but Bailey said that we shouldn't push me to my limits and we decided to leave.

Now just something real quick. My sister has always been the kind of person to "see" strange objects that I have never seen. Ever since the two of us were little, she would point at things that were never there, stare at nothing, and jump like somebody has jump scared her. Even now, I have seen her and our dogs just stare at a corner of the room that had nothing in it. She also has had a history of random migraines with no cause, even now we're not sure what they are. She also used to constantly get sleep paralysis, one night I remember laying in bed on my phone, and she just randomly said "are you awake? I can't move." So I guess she is used to seeing weird things all the time.

Right as Isabel and I turned around, both of our flashlights caught something for just a split second. It looked like a person, but also not. It looked like they had just run and then jumped into the air and were jumping off the trail into the brush. It was completely white, like one of those Halloween costumes that cover your whole body. Their arms were flailing behind them, but they had such an abnormal length and angle, it didn't look exactly human. So of course, I let out a bit of a "whoa" and when my sister heard me, she yelled "bruh!". And then she turned to me and said something like "did you see that?!". Bailey didn't see it. She told me later that she was only so freaked out about it because I had seen it too. We both had the same exact description of what we saw, too.

So anyway, after that we all agreed to go home. When we were driving to the 24-hour Safeway my finger started having this aching/throbbing feeling and it hurt. So at the store I went to the bathroom and found I had a deep slice in my middle finger and was going to rinse off the blood. I rolled up my sleeve and found scratches on my arm. Not like cat scratches, or blackberry bush cuts, they had this crescent-like shape of a human nail, and had just barely broken the skin to make it bleed. I found a few more on my right hip and neck. I showed them to Bailey and Isabel, and the two were utterly horrified, even more so than I was.

I cleaned them with peroxide when I got home just to be cautious, and they all (except the one on my finger) disappeared within 3-4 days, and didn't even leave scars.

I did some research recently (it is now late September of the same year) and I found that Port Townsend is apparently known for its paranormal activity. My sister looked up some stuff as well and found that near the abandoned house we found, there were apparently sightings of something they called a "man in blue". I wouldn't say what I saw was wearing anything blue, though. I still think about that night and would like any ideas or answers as to what exactly happened. Feel free to ask me questions, please!

Other hauntings by yonatsume

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, yonatsume, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

MrsRizzo2429 (4 stories) (93 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-10-21)
I agree with Miandra very scary!
I don't have any advice. This experience is very interesting and scary! I am very glad you shared your story with us. It was also written nicely. Keep us posted 😊
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
5 years ago (2018-10-11)
Hello Yonatsume,

Oh my goodness what a scary ordeal. I had shivers running down my spine reading your post.

I haven't got any advice for you unfortunately, nor do I know what to tell you about what you experienced.

Good news is you have come to the right place. The members here on YGS are extremely knowledgeable about these matters and will offer you some great advice.

I look forward to reading their comments and finding out more about what you experienced.

Take care.
Miandra
😘 ❤ 😘

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: