You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Is It Following?

Real Ghost Stories

Is It Following?

 

This just happened to me last night:

I was lying in bed with the lights off going through some emails on my phone when I hear a loud popping noise followed by something hard hitting the ceiling and then hitting me in the forehead. I sat up really fast and turned on the lamp, I sat there looking around my room thinking to myself "what the hell was that?". Then I noticed that a bottle of water that I had sitting on my nightstand was missing the cap. This cap is what probably hit me in the head, I don't know where the cap bounced off to, I did not get up to look for it but I'm sure the bottle of water had the cap on when I went to bed and turned off the lamp. I have absolutely no idea how it uncapped, flew up, hit the ceiling and then bounced down to hit me in the forehead. The only content in the bottle was water; it did not look like it had been squeezed and the bottle was sitting upright, no water had been spilled.

I laid right back but this time left the light on and went right back to reading emails. This is when I started feeling a touching sensation on my feet, instead of kicking my feet, as I've done before, I stayed still and turned to look at my feet and saw that the blanket was very slowly moving up my feet exposing them. I was slow in reacting, I just sat there staring at my feet for a few seconds until reality hit me and I flew up and ran out of the room. I didn't want to scare my son so I stayed outside my bedroom mustering the courage to go back in. Needless to say, sleep was a long time coming.

This happened a couple of days ago:

I had a friend over and we were going to have tea; I was standing by the stove waiting for the water to boil, she was sitting on a stool at the breakfast bar talking to me. Suddenly, one of the burners just lights up and freaks us both out. No idea how that happened, I had been standing there for at least 5 minutes and never touched any of the knobs except for the one where the teapot was, the knob for the burner that turned on by itself was not near the one that was already lit.

Also happened a few days ago:

I was using the restroom and I hear light knocking on the door so I tell my son, "wait, I'll be done in a minute". I'm washing my hands when I hear the knocking again, this time louder, so now I'm upset and yell "I said to wait, If you can't wait go downstairs and use the other restroom"! Both times I didn't hear anything back. When I get out I could hear my son in his bedroom so I go in and tell him the bathroom is now free, he looks at me like I'm weird and says "okay?". I told him "well it sure sounded like you couldn't wait". He swears he never knocked on the bathroom door. He and I were the only ones home; the cat was sound asleep in my son's bedroom.

My kids were out with friends one day, I was the only one home. I was in bed reading a book when I hear someone outside my bedroom say "mommy". I automatically answer "yes, I'm in here". Then there was silence at which point I remembered my kids are not home, sadly they don't call me mommy anymore, and my kids are teenagers, the voice that I heard was that of a much younger child.

I have no idea what is going on. I've had paranormal incidents happen to me before but things had been quiet for a long time. I can't really pinpoint what has stirred things up. I have some weird stuff going on in my house in Mexico right now but all of these incidents have happened to me in my house in California. Psychics have told before me that I have a "very bright and powerful light" and that I attract ghosts both good and bad. To be honest, I never believed them because I don't have any "special" abilities that they talk about or at least I don't know how to use them or even begin to know what they are. I don't really think I want to know. I don't want any random ghosts in my house and if it's a dead relative then that's even worse because I feel they are here to warn me about something, or if they're here to comfort me that means I'm going to need comforting. I also don't like the idea of them having any unfinished business, I want them to be at peace.

I did a house cleansing in the house in Mexico a couple of weeks ago, don't know if it worked since I haven't been back since then. I'm going back this weekend, hopefully it worked.

My question is this, could I have brought these ghosts with me from my other house when I did the cleansing?

Other hauntings by Haven

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Haven, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-06)
Hi, Amor -

Things have calmed down a bit. I did do the second cleansing, it seemed to make it worse for a couple of days and then it settled down. We won't hear anything for a few days and then we hear footsteps coming up the stairs (day and night). I lost my keys for two days and then they re-appeared in the kitchen counter. I don't know if we've gotten used to it but they don't scare us as much anymore. Or maybe it's a different entity, but the atmosphere feels lighter.

My daughter is doing much better. Her dad and I separated a couple of years ago and it was around that time that we found out that she was cutting herself. My oldest daughter saw her and told me immediately. We got her help and she stopped doing it. She had stopped going to therapy and now she is back because of sleep paralysis and sleep walking. The therapy helps her deal and cope with stress which is what provokes the sleeping disorders. It's very scary because if you know her you would say she's a very happy girl, you would never know that she's going through a lot of stress she can't handle. She was a typical teenager that would much rather talk to someone else than the parent. It's actually gotten a lot better, I'm able to talk to her and we're very close now. I just have to keep an eye on her. As to whether the house haunts her, I'm not sure if that's the case or if her energy is what causes the house to be haunted. I know, it sounds crazy but I have been doing a lot of reading about this and it actually makes sense.

I will continue with the house cleansing, it does seem to help. My mom is visiting me in the next couple of weeks, she will make sure to get a priest to bless my residences. I will do anything I have to to keep my children happy and carefree.

Thank you so much for your concern, I appreciate it.
Amor (5 stories) (64 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-03)
Hi Haven,

How is this case coming along? Did the second cleansing work?

I was alarmed reading about your daughter cutting herself? How could she have done that, I wonder. Do you think the experience in the house haunts her still and it affects her psychological well-being?

I hope Rook replied. Presently, I believe you need two things if the cleansing failed or if it worked for the time being. For this world, a professional to evaluate your child's psychosocial health, and for the case of haunting, an cleansing and shielding. I don't know but can your friend help you with that? And also a priest. We have to find out if this is a demonic entity, so a visit from the priest would help in any way. I wish I can help out more.

Take care.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
6 years ago (2018-10-22)
Hello again Haven,

I feel sorry for you. You seem to attract entities like me. Just like you I'm trying everything members are suggesting.

I'm crossing my fingers for you.

Stay safe.

Miandra
😘 ❤ 😘
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-10-12)
Hi Rook -

Thanks a lot for your input. If a second cleansing does not work what would you recommend? I am pretty desperate. I have not slept in almost 3 days, I'm tired, I'm scared, I'm confused. Should I get out of the house or at least get my children out of that house? Maybe separate the two kids so that their 'energy' is not as strong? I'm willing to try anything.

I'm scared for my daughter, I don't want another sleep paralysis or sleepwalking episode. A few years ago when she was having SP episodes she was also cutting herself (not sure what happened first, she doesn't like to talk about it), I do not want that to start again. Please, I would appreciate any advice you can give.

Thank you.
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-10-12)
Hi BeautInside,

Yes, I have two teenagers living with me right now, they are two years apart. My oldest is 21 and has moved out of the house, so it's just us 3.

Thank you, I will let you know how my next cleansing turns out.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-10-11)
Havon,

If the poltergiuest is not of a spiritual origin then the cleansing alone will do nothing to put an end to it.

I am of the opinion that these types of hauntings come in two forms. First: A spirit has been attracted to the extra energy being generated by the individual expericing puberty. A cleansing and Sheild will work if this is the case. However if this is the other type, well the shield may dampen the experiences but they will not stop. So having stated that, the second is not caused by a spirit but directly by the child going through puberty. The enegry being generated can sometimes 'escape' as a telekenitic outburst. This will move objects, causes noises, sound like walking...whatever...

So there they are, my opinion on polerguiest.

Respectfully,

Rook
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-10-11)
Hi Haven,

What an ordeal!

I was going for an attachment like Tweed mentioned, for this is absolutely possible and so is poltergeist activity during teenage years. And if if I got it right, your children are both teenagers. Right? A lot of teenage hormones altogether (my children are 3 years apart so I guess I'll know what that means in a few years) 😁

You've been given really good advice already, but if it is starting to mess with your children I suggest you take any measure to get rid of it asap! It's time to learn not to mess with mama bear! 😉

Your daughter's episode could be easily explained by sleepwalking if it wasn't for the door to be locked from the inside...

Please take care and keep us updated. ❤
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-10-11)
Hello, Tweed -

Thanks a lot for your input. I will try cleansing both properties again and shielding. I will do the same with my children. I had heard of poltergeists becoming active around teenage hormones, I didn't think this could be it because my kids had not been experiencing anything. Until 2 night ago. This might not have anything to do with all this but I will share and see what you think.

A couple of nights ago I was woken by someone knocking at my front door. I looked at my cell phone and it was 3:48AM. I got up, walked to the front door and asked who it was, I didn't get a reply, I heard the knocking again. This scared me so I checked and made sure my door was properly locked, it had a dead bolt that only locks from the inside and a one of those locks with the chain, all was secure. At this point, I decide to keep quiet and look out the peep hole to try and catch the culprit. I see my 15 year old daughter standing there crying. I let her in and she's hysterical, this is what she tells me. She said she was laying on the living room sofa watching a movie on her cell phone when she got really sleepy, she was fighting off sleep because she wanted to finish the movie. She says that at one point she just gave up and laid the phone on her chest and fell asleep. She was having a really bad nightmare, something about my mother (her grandma) jumping off a really tall building, my daughter saw her fall and hit the ground. In her dream she turns around and there is this dark shadow that starts screaming really, really loud and is calling her name. My daughter wakes up from the dream and cannot move (she has had episodes of sleep paralysis in the past). While she can't move she starts hearing the same voice calling her name. She finally is able to get up and runs out of the house. She says that she just kept running and doesn't remember how she got back but the next thing she knew she was at our front door.

I could explain all this to sleep paralysis and maybe even sleepwalking but I have no idea how the front door was locked from the inside. The only other person in the house was my son and he was really scared and concerned for his sister, so much that he now sleeps in the living room so he can hear his sister should this happen again.

So, now I'm angry and am going to do whatever I have to do to get rid of this. Before it was just annoying but now it is messing with my kids and has gone too far. If this cleansing shielding doesn't work I am getting help from experts.

Oh, I also made an appointment with my daughter's pediatrician to see what I can do about the sleep paralysis and sleepwalking.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+5
6 years ago (2018-10-11)
Hi Haven,

Some very sound observations in this thread. Hopefully between everyone's input we can get this resolved, it sounds like a right pain.

Well, unfortunately I can say with some degree of certainty that some hauntings are not about the location, but about the person or persons. I guess this is what is commonly termed an 'attachment', because they can be to people/pets, anything at all. Keep cleansing both properties, and do so right to the property boarder. But also, and most importantly, cleanse yourself! In fact, I would cleanse myself first, then do the location.
Also are you shielding after you cleanse? Cleanse and shield works hand in hand. Just make sure you cleanse first and shield second, or you'll 'trap' anything, good or bad, under the shield. If you can get your teens to take part all the better. A lot of people report crumby activity, much like this, around the teen years. Obviously not everyone suffers it, but it's reported frequently enough to be a 'thing' in paranormal circles.

Cleanse and shield be the moral here. You probably don't have an evil ghost after you (like an attachment), more likely some poltergeist energy is bounding around, you can blame the teens, in the nicest possible way! Seriously, if it's this, it's super common. Annoying and sometimes scary but not all that evil.

Rook has some cool stuff about shields and cleansings on his profile, with a method for a home cleansing. Once you get your mind around the concept of cleanse and shield, the rest falls into place.
Https://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155
Quirky (2 stories) (23 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-10-09)
Thank you for providing further clarification, Haven.

With the persistent occurrences, I would agree with you that the entity is equipped with an ambitious purpose. To discover what the lost souls's ambition is would likely go a long way to executing a successful cleanse for your Californian home.

But, what could that ambition be?

Also, why do the incidents reside solely in the bedroom? Is there a reason why this malcontent spirit is compelled to haunt you only in your bedroom?

Did you consider locking that bedroom up for a period of time (i.e. 2 weeks) to determine whether the spirit will surface elsewhere in your home?

Have you ever tried to communicate with your unwelcomed guest to determine its desire (i.e. Verbal, through a medium or with a Ouija Board)?

As you have noted, I'm a complete newbie with respect to paranormal experiences. However, if I have stumbled across a problem solving avenue that wasn't considered by you or others in the past, I can at least say that I have helped someone this day.
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-10-09)
Hi Mr. Quirky,

Thank you for reading my posts and for commenting. I will answer your questions and hope you can provide your point of view and insight in regards to the current paranormal experiences I've been having.

1. The incidents with the helpful and malevolent entities happened many years ago when my daughter was a child. The idea of these two entities being one and only was brought up by a few members of YGS, it certainly makes sense.
2. The occurrences that I have been experiencing lately in both my homes feel like random acts of something that seems to be trying to get my attention. The occurrences in Mexico were seen and heard by almost all family members. With the exception of a friend I had over one day, all experiences in California have been seen, heard and felt only by me. For the last couple of weeks or so it has stayed in my bedroom.
3. Since I did the cleansing to the house in Mexico things have quieted down. I did a cleansing to the house in Cali yet things keep happening.

I had mentioned in one of my posts that we have always had paranormal activity in the house in Mexico, it was active for a while and then it would quiet down only to start up again. Those things were almost "normal" to us. Lately, it seems that what we have experienced is more bold and "in your face" (for lack of a better description). Before, I believed that we would see and hear spirits that were just passing by. Now, it feels like whatever is haunting my home has a purpose.

Hope I made sense.
Quirky (2 stories) (23 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-10-09)
Thank you for the YGS posts.

Upon reading your experiences with the supernatural, I was left feeling both heart-touched and disturbed.

The heart-touching moments were realized upon learning of your baby daughter's safe landing onto the floor after a sudden fall. And, a tear came to my eye upon learning of your father's encouraging message from an unused phone.

The agitation that I felt was based on how malevolent your uninvited spirit (s) have been towards you and your family members.

In addition to the playful non-threatening pranks (i.e. The perfectly folded towel), you endured some traumatic harmful incidents (i.e. The evil spirit with a desire to take your child).

In an attempt to answer your question, "Could I have brought these ghosts with me from the other house when I did the cleansing?", I would like to know the following:
1) Is it conceivable that the kind and considerate spirit (s) be one and the same as the antagonistic spirit (s)? Is the spirit (s) exercising opposing actions to play with your mind?
2) Do you feel that the spiritual occurrences that you've experienced in Mexico are similar to the spiritual occurrences that you are currently experiencing in California?
3) Lastly, why do you think that your successful house cleansing in Mexico failed to meet a successful cleanse in California?

Please know that I'm far removed from being a paranormal expert. However, I was intrigued by your posts and have reached out to hopefully lend you a helping hand.

Kind regards,
Mr. Quirky
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-10-09)
Hi Amor,

Yes, I was wondering if whatever followed Ian is now following me. Things have calmed down a bit at my house in Mexico. I did do a cleansing in my house in California - maybe I need another one because I don't think that one worked at all. If anything it made it worse. For the last couple of weeks I've been having my bed shake, my sheets/blanket keeps getting pulled and I feel someone sitting on my bed when I'm trying to sleep, almost every night. When I'm in bed reading or watching TV I can feel someone messing with my hair, it's so annoying!

The only thing I have been advised to do by different psychics so far is to carry an amulet. I've been taught to clean my aura with the use of an egg and holy water. I also carry a lemon (yes, the citrus), I dip it in holy water and spray my favorite perfume, then I just carry it with me, within a few days that lemon is almost dried and shriveled. It's suppose to absorb all the negative energy. I was also given some crystals and stones and a cute little key. Yeah, the content of my purse is very interesting...

Thanks, Amor.
Amor (5 stories) (64 posts)
+5
6 years ago (2018-10-09)
Hi Haven. You have an active haunting going on and made me wonder if your question refers to the same entity that followed Ian? I hope he is alright now, as I have not read much here and am not updated how he is doin.

Anyway, I'm not sure if there is such thing as mobile haunting, meaning it follows you and haunts different places at once. But as you have done cleansing with your Mexico home, it wouldn't hurt to cleanse your Cali home, too.

The psychic said you have an attractive light, and from your previous stories, various entities have interacted with you and your family. It could all be different entities. I have heard of sheilding, and I'm not sure if your psychic friend can teach you how to do that. It is actually a way to protect your energy from attracting bothersome entities, such as the one who could possible hit you with a bottle cap. Imagine if it was something more sinister. I pray not.

I am waiting for a more sound advise from helpful experienced folks here. But one thing for sure is you got to protect yourself and your family. Whether it's the same ghost comes secondary to the need to help them cross over if they are lost, or the need to protect you and your family, as you have gone through really harrowing haunting before.

Take care and keep us updated.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: