You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Brother-in-law

Real Ghost Stories

Brother-in-law

 

Good Evening to Everyone!

I am new to this site. After reading to other's stories, I am inspired to write my own experience.

My birthplace is Mumbai, And my family is also in Mumbai.

In December 2016 I was in Kerala working as a teacher. One day as I was heading to hostel after finishing my school, I received a call from my mother, she told me that my brother-in-law died (cousin sis's husband, he was only in his 30's, he slipped in bathroom and died). I was shocked and cried in bus, I couldn't go to Mumbai as Exams were going on in school.

After 6 months I went to Mumbai.

One day, all my family members (my mother's family) planned to go for beach. We all decided we will meet in my sister's home as that was near to beach.

At 4pm in the evening we all came to my sister's place (it was first time I came to her place after brother-in-law died).

All were ready and they left the house, as I was about to leave, I saw a shadow going to bathroom. I thought it was my sister's son, so I waited for him to come out, so that we can go together.

As I was waiting out of bathroom my sister came from outside and asked me "For who are you waiting?"

I told her "For your son, he just went to bathroom".

She laughed and said "Come all are waiting for you outside".

But as I was insisting her to check bathroom once as I saw someone going inside, she opened the bathroom door and told me "see no one is there, now come we're late."

I told her "I saw a shadow going to bathroom"

To which she said, " Don't worry. It must be your brother-in-law, who came to visit you, as you were not there in his funeral."

I was shocked.

She said they experience his presence daily and nothing to worry about it.

Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jiya_s, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jiya_s (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-04)
Thankyou Socracy5,

I was not too close with my brother in law,
As I was always away from my family.
And this I never experienced in the past.

I am not sure if it was truly him or not as I don't believe in spirits and all.
But that incident I still can't forget.
Jiya_s (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-04)
Thank you lady-glow.

I am not sure if it is really her husband's spirit or some negative energy.
But all in my cousins family have a strong feeling that he is her husband only.
As when my sister beats or scolds any of her child, she feels her presence in her home, and even at night she gets a dream that her husband scolds her for scolding kids.

And even my cousins friend have experienced it.
Once he had a fight with my sis, so my sis was crying after coming home.
Next day her friend came home and apologized to sis for fighting.
He told, he saw her husband last night in his dream, requesting him to talk to her.
Socracy5 (3 stories) (64 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-04)
Hi Jiya_s,

My condolences on your loss. It was indeed a scenario which cannot be forgotten easily. Unlike the actual spirit I thought it was a repetition of the events which had already happened.

You see, after death the only thing we leave in this world are emotions and sometimes it becomes the cause of attachment. The objects, sites,etc,endeared to the person or which is associated with some strong emotions of that person often tend to repeat the intervals of past though for a brief moment.

I guess you experienced that thing. It's only my deduction. By the way, a warm welcome to YGS, looking forward to hear more from you:).

Regards
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-03)
Welcome to YGS.

Jiya_s, first of all, I'm sorry for your loss.

Based on your narrative, I'm under the impression that your cousin has found some comfort in the company of what she thinks to be the spirit of her husband. Though I'm glad if this is the case, I'd be concerned wondering if this shadow is a negative energy trying to trick her pretending to be her spouse.
Also, though I believe on spirits acting as guardians towards their living loved ones, I'm not sure if it's good/normal for them to stick around instead of moving on to the next plane. I would like to hear (read) about this fact according to your religious beliefs.

Thanks for sharing your interesting experience, hoping to read some updates.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: