You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Phone Call From Deceased Brother's Number

Real Ghost Stories

Phone Call From Deceased Brother's Number

 

My brother, I'll call him M, took his own life in April, 2018. M had been terribly depressed and had not been well for a while, but despite all that my younger brother, J, his wife, S, and I did we could to help him. M had lived with J & S for 20 years on a ranch in Oklahoma and passed away there.

Four months after M's death and a week before his memorial service in Texas, where he grew up, I got a call from J. When I picked up there was nobody there and the line was dead. I looked at missed calls and saw the call from J and another from a number that looked very familiar, but I could not remember it right away.

I called the number and a girl answered. She sounded like a teenager. I told her I had just missed a call from this number and she said she had not called anyone. I told her I thought I was calling my brother, M, back and she replied something like: "Sorry, you called my number, but this is April." I told her I was sorry to have bothered her and hung up.

I called my brother, J, and told him what had happened. After listening he said that he had tried to call and did not leave a message. J said the number I had called April on was M's old number that J had just cancelled. He asked me if I remembered a photo of M standing with a beautiful horse in a grassy field that had been taken years ago. I said I did. J told me that was the first horse M owned in Oklahoma and that her name was April.

After hanging up I checked my call history again. There was NO call received from M's old number, just my call to April.

There must have been something to this, but I have no idea what it is.

Other hauntings by MarinCCC

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MarinCCC, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-26)
It's good to hear from you MarinCCC. It has been over a month and I can only hope that your pain has eased, even if just a little.

I'm fairly certain that your answers have ruled out any "mundane" reasons for the recording of your late brother's number on your phone.

For what it's worth, I agree with Haven that your late brother was trying to make contact, with the intent being to comfort you. It has been 21 years since my late brother reached out to me and I can tell you that my pain did reduce with time, but it is still there to remind me, from time to time.

Take care.
MarinCCC (2 stories) (2 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-26)
Thanks to all for the comments and sorry to take a while to get back to this. Rex-T: missed call - my phone never rang, but when I checked the call history there was a call from my brother's #. M's phone contract was terminated prior to getting that call - the # must have been reassigned. M died April 12 ad the call showing in my history came in about 10 days later.
ajonverge (6 stories) (84 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-10-22)
Hey there buddy. I'm so sorry to know about the loss of your brother. Having 2 lise someone so close can be traumatic and I hope you are healing. Depression is a very bad ailment and it perhaps kills us even before we are actually dead. My prayers for you and your deceased brother and hoping he has found his peace in the afterlife.
What you experienced via the call could just be his way of saying that he has moved on and found peace and you should too.
Many thanks.
Take care brother.
MrsRizzo2429 (4 stories) (93 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-10-21)
Hello:)
I am sorry to hear about your loss.
I am sending positive thoughts your way. This is very interesting. It's one of those story's at the end where you just go wow. That is crazy! But in a good way. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Smoki_Tabu (2 stories) (13 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-10-20)
What a terrible way to lose a loved one. My heart goes out to you and your family.

I agree that April x3 is quite strange, and possibly beyond coincidence.

I think it was your brother. I'd be interested to know if he attempts to contact you again.

So sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself.
Smoki
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-10-15)
Hi, MarinCCC -

So sorry to hear about your brother. I lost my brother in January 2018.

My personal belief is that your brother was trying to reach out to you. I do not know why but I believe that our deceased loved ones do try to contact us. I know mine have. In fact, I received a message from my dad through a cell phone. Just yesterday, as I was walking down the stairs I got a whiff of his cologne (he's been gone for over 10 years). I immediately knew it was him, then I remembered what day it was, October 14th, his birthday. My dad was one of those rare guys that loved to celebrate his birthday, he always made sure we all knew what day it was. I believe it was his way of reminding me what day it was as well as comforting me at a time I needed it.

My condolences.
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (308 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-10-15)
My condolences to you and your family on the loss of your brother 😳 I lost my older brother 19 years ago, to a rare disease. Despite how many years has passed, it's still hard moving on. I couldn't imagine the pain that you and your family must be going through, with how he went, and how recent it has been. I pray that ya'll are able to find comfort in this sad time of grief.
After reading your experience, the first thing that came to mind when you said a girl named April had answered your brothers old number, was that it was the month you said he had passed in. So to learn that, and then to hear that your other brother mentioned it also being the name of your brothers horse, makes you wonder if it's just coincidence, or something more to it 😕 like Rex said, it's hard to just think that it was merely a coincidence. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-10-13)
Hello MarinCCC,

Firstly, my condolences on the loss of your brother. It is hard losing a brother but under these circumstances, I cannot image the pain you have been through. I can only hope that you are beginning to find a way forward.

As far as your experience is concerned, I have a few questions. The purpose of these questions is to ensure that you have considered/explored mundane explanations, before looking at paranormal explanations.

Was your Brother M's number connected to a mobile phone? If so, what happened to it after the line was cancelled with the service provider?

Did you note the date of the missed call? If so, did it happen before or after your Brother M's line had been cancelled?

Answers to these questions may help clarify how your brother's number was recorded as a "missed call".

There does seem to be some kind of relationship going on with "April", that being, the month in which your brother passed, the girl that answered your call and your brother's first horse. I started to think "this is coincidence" but three appearances does make me wonder.

Rex-T

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: