You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandmother's Prediction

Real Ghost Stories

Grandmother's Prediction

 

My grandmother passed away 12 years ago and I think she predicted her own death. Here's the story: My grandmother's health was deteriorating and she was bed ridden for about 2 years. I was sleeping over that night and she kept a mattress in her closet which I went to get. When I entered her room, I felt a strange feeling, like something wasn't right. Then my grandmother asked me "Why are you being so rude, why don't you give these people a drink." "The people" she was referring to were family members of ours that had already passed. That night she also said she was going to leave with them. I didn't believe her and neither did everybody else. We just thought she was going senile, but the next morning we found her dead in her bed.

Later that morning, my mother picked me up from her house to bring me back home. I fell asleep in my bedroom and my younger brother was asleep on the couch in the living room. Well, I was fast asleep and I experienced what I know now is sleep paralysis. It felt like I couldn't move or speak out and my body felt like there was a heavy weight on it. I believe that it was my grandmother visiting me to say good bye. I just want to know if it's possible that my grandmother knew that she was leaving and also was it her that caused my sleep paralysis. I'm really looking for comments and opinions.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-12)
Y'all have had some nice dreams. I had a terrible nightmare after my granny passed. Horrific enough I prefer not to share. But for what it's worth, I think it's possible your family members wanted to tell you goodbye. In my opinion, the sleep paralysis was probably stress and/or depression induced, but it may have served as a gateway for communication. What's important is that you got a positive vibe out of it. I'm glad you got the chance to say goodbye. (And I hope you gave her guests water!)
everlong (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-20)
I have read many many accounts of near death experiences and what you described about your grandmother sounds just like some of them. Many people who are close to death will have periods where they can see loved ones on the other side before they die. I have no doubt that she was seeing departed family members before she actually died.
xXGhosty_GirlXx (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-28)
My memere had kind of the same thing I guess. Her father was in the hospital and she had a dream and she saw her mother (already past on) and her father in a white room. The next few days he died. She didn't tell anybody about the dream until after he died. I think that my memere thinks she caused it.
outta1smind (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-06)
I have to say that as a young child I had the same experiance. My grandfather died when I was about 5 or 6, and not too long after that I had a dream about him and he was talking to me in an eveyday way, telling me to be good for my Dad and Mom.
Is it possible that she caused your paralysis? Indeed it is. Just remember that she loved you and that carries over into death. 😁
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-20)
Yes, I certainly believe there are times when people receive visits from those that have gone on before, escoring them in a way to the next plane. Call them Guardian Angels or guides, they are there as a comfort to the individual moving on. It sounds as if your grand mother was experincing just that, a preperational visit from her loved ones letting her know the time had come.

I am very sorry for your loss.

God Bless! ❤
Holly (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-10)
Hello. My grandad passed away 2 weeks ago. I saw him on the day he died (he had cancer so was in a bad way) but my family kept telling me he could see someone or something in the corner of the room. We checked all the obvious things it could be. But are now convinced it was a family member coming to get him. So who no's but its certainly a nice thought.
H (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-18)
It could definatly be your grandma, then again when you sleep at irregular hours you can increase the chances of sleep paralysis. In my case I got s.p. after getting up super early for a few hours and going back to bed even tho I was pretty much fully awake. As to your question about your grandma knwing her own end was near, that is something that could be true. I believe death is a very spiritual moment in ones life, and we cant be too sure about what goes on in our life at that exact moment, unless we experience it. Its hard to be sure about things we hav never experienced and knw so little about.
Caylie hancock age 11 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-15)
Hey I think that is a blessing if she left you that message in your dream. God or jesus didnt want her to die but it was her time to and she wanted to tell you that she cared about you alot and she didnt want to die like that and she wanted to see you again b4 she died. I am sooooo sorry and hope fully she contacts you... BYe
Ursula (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-15)
I think your grandma was right, you were a rude little girl to not offer the people a drink!
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-14)
Hey susanna, people that are about to die tend to know that they are going to die and sometimes they even tell you that God or Jesus told them that they would be better off living in heaven and they would have to no longer suffer. I'm very sorry about your grandma and I think that your grandma did want to tell you good- bye, because most of the time the spirits of dead loved ones tend to go to their living loved ones and tell them bye. So if you again feel her presence, don't feel frightened or scared, be grateful. Well, I have to go, good luck and good-bye.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: