You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Spirits Follow Me

Real Ghost Stories

Spirits Follow Me

 

My entire life has been filled with paranormal experiences. The first sign that something was wrong is when I was very young I kept asking my parents if we had ghosts. They would always answer with," we bought the house brand new", so no one had died there. I would try to believe them, but I always had a nagging feeling they were wrong.

When I got a bit older I started having horrible realistic nightmares. They would range all over from childhood nightmares of an evil leprechaun sized dentist who wanted to kill me to flying snakes. Some were not so much childhood imagination.

Nightmare 1: It was my mother's birthday and I had just learned how to read. My grandma had gotten my mom a card and said I should read it to show my mom how good I had gotten. I don't remember what it said but it was hard to read and I botched it horribly. The second I stopped reading it my mom died. My grandma then started laughing as I bawled my eyes out. This one was so vivid I had awoken my dad who coaxed me awake and had to comfort me for at least half an hour.

Nightmare 2: This one is short, but recurring. Basically a witch was living in the walls of my Grandma's basement.

Nightmare 3: Before I had fallen asleep I was in the playroom watching Blues Clues. I don't know when I had fallen asleep, but I had an awful nightmare that a witch had come out of the closet and tried to attack me.

As you can probably tell there is a recurring theme of a witch, I don't know why and still haven't found out.

As I grew older and my parents divorced I was switching back and forth every week. I never had any experiences at my mom's and the one's at my Dad's had settled down a lot. Until I moved in with my dad except every other weekend.

It didn't start right away but I still had an uneasy feeling in the house especially in the old play room. One day I had gotten ready for school and was walking down the hall from the bathroom to the living/kitchen area. I didn't realize such a short walk would leave such a long memory.

As I got to the end of the hall and could see into the kitchen I saw a black shadow in the shape of a man. My dad was at work for another hour or two and it was too tall to be my step mom. There was a lamp at the end of the hall and I was not going to be an idiot and look away and the shadow would be gone. So without looking I tried turning on the lamp. It wouldn't come on. As I'm staring trying to get the dang lamp to turn on, the shadow starts to move. When a person walks there is a bounce. This did not have any bounce; it just glided to the right toward the other hall behind a wall.

I was frozen in fear for a couple minutes then I finally got the lamp on; nothing was there. I did the typical thing and followed it cautiously and it had just disappeared. I booked it out of the house and just for good measure texted my step mom and asked if she had been in the kitchen. She texted back saying no, my text had awoken her.

Eventually I had gotten into some trouble and switched arrangements and moved in with my mom and her boyfriend. I figured at least this place isn't going to be haunted. Boy, was I right and wrong. It wasn't I am.

Nothing happened for a while. Then one night as I'm trying to go to bed and can't because of my mom's boyfriend watching TV too loud. He finally turned it off to go to bed and I started to ease into sleep, facing the wall. Right on the verge of unconsciousness I heard a man yell very clearly "wake up!" Once again frozen in fear I waited for what felt like forever and slowly turned praying not to see a face. Nothing was there.

The next day at dinner I was recounting what happened to my mother. Her boyfriend piped up telling me that it might have been his mom's ex whom she had shot dead in our field for his abuse towards her.

A year or so later I was talking about all the things that I had experienced and my mom told me a story of her own. She had dabbled with a ouija board with friends. They had stopped to get some beers from the garage and when they came back the TV was on and apparently on channel 666. I think my mom might have invited something into our lives that day. While we were swapping stories my now step dad says "oh, stop you're a teenager who thinks it's cool to be haunted so you're making up stories". A bottle that was on top of the fridge in the back was thrown at his head.

Now, back to the nightmares. My older sister had told me she had a dream of the wicked witch coming out of the closet, but I always assumed it was at my grandma's where she spent most of her time.

The two of us and my dad met for lunch and I had asked if the activity at his house had stopped. Now that I was older he was more honest and told me yes, after I moved out it had stopped, but they still burn sage for good measure. Well my sister didn't stay at my Dad's after the divorce so she had no idea what we were talking about.

So we started telling our experiences and after talking about nightmare 3 my sister stopped me and told me she had the same nightmare, at the same age, in the same room, of a witch coming out of the same closet. My dad then states that he has always felt uneasy around that closet.

I have two theories on why I am haunted. 1) my mom invited something into our lives with her ouija board experience. 2) the closet at my Dad's house was somehow a portal and they followed me because I am a sensitive and have always been open minded.

Years later I met my boyfriend and his cousin shot himself. We rushed to the hospital but he was already gone, but everyone wanted to say goodbye. So, we went in and everyone is crying and all of a sudden so do I and I have the worst feeling of guilt and all I can think is "I'm sorry, mom. I didn't mean it. I am so sorry." Over and over again. As soon as we left the room, it stopped.

I still have occasional experiences but nothing like I used to. I know this is kind of all over the place but my life has been full of random occurrences that I still have no answers to.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Haileyh252, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Haileyh252 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-05-10)
Jan

No she actually shot him. And no I never felt my childhood was unstable. My parents got along very well for my sake and they divorced when I was like 2 so it was normal to me. Not that my family life has anything to do with these stories. Also, the same thing happened to my sister before our home lives were unstable
msforgetmenott (17 stories) (316 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-05-05)
Hello Haileyh252,

Were you serious when you told of your Mom shooting a boyfriend in the field near your house. Or, perhaps it was a joke. What a thing to say to a child.

I have thoughts, as to why you may have had so many dreams and experiences. I would say you had a bit of an unstable childhood being switched from Mom's to Dad's all the time.

I am glad things have settled down as you have gotten older.
Jan
Haileyh252 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-05-05)
Wow, I didn't think anyone would actually find this as fascinating as I do. First, the most common question: how old was my mother? She was a teenager, I was not even thought of which is why it's just a theory of what is going on. Second, Haven, my Dad's house is a trailer it's like 6 feet off the ground and it moved further inside the house so no I don't think it would've scientifically possible. Also, Haven I do believe I am sensitive because of this and I am very good at reading people and good at guessing what they feel.
Rajine (14 stories) (769 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-03-23)
Salt removes negative energy keep some in your room by your bed side and on the window sills.
CASPR2015 (2 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-03-17)
Hello Hailey. My name is Christina, and I believe I may be able to provide some answers to you. But first, can I just ask how old you were when your mother reportedly used the Ouija board?
silverknight (1 stories) (25 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-03-16)
Hello Haileyh252. First of all thank you for sharing your story here. I am no pro, just an avid reader of these kind of stories. I will try to share my thoughts about your situation. Wow there are lots of details here so let's start with the nightmare. Science first then. My question may sound dumb but I will ask anyway. Do you eat snacks when nearing bedtime? If yes then it can lead to nightmares. Now for the supernatural. When you wake from your nightmares, do you wake up with cold sweat and the feeling of like being struck by a defibrillator during CPR? If yes then most probably those dreams aren't just random friendly harmless ones.

You mentioned when you were young you kept asking your folks about ghosts. I think you may have a slightly developed sixth sense or third eye compared to the average person, thus making you feel it.

The issue with the house that your parents said they bought new is that we don't know what was there or what happened there long ago. Long ago as in 50 years or more prior to your house getting built there. There could still be some residual negative energy there due to the history of that place.

That witch you mentioned somehow bothers me because it is recurring and at the same time your sister experienced it too. Therefore it leads me to think it's not some random thing. The odds that you two having exact nightmare is very slim under normal circumstances.

Now to the ouija board. Sorry if I sound like ranting here but since you have mentioned it, I will say what I think of it. I don't know why, but maybe I am a weakling but I would never ever have anything to do with it. What I find surprising is that it is being easily sold around toy shops in your country. Is it because you are in the United States and being a free and liberal country, this thing is readily available and not prohibited. It's just like giving kids a gun, albeit a spiritual one. But we as humans or not just body, we got soul too. The board won't mess your body like a physical gun but it will mess your soul. Many people seem to think what could go wrong with an ouija board, it's harmless, those spirit stuff are just made up. This is the problem, the arrogance (sorry for the lack of a better word) toward treating it leads to contempt. These spirits when called upon may feel offended that they are being toyed with and therefore try to cause harm to show their anger for being disrespected.

The bottle hitting your step dad can be seen from two sides. First, it's just plain coincidence and nothing more. Second is it seems like the spirit trying to answer back at his 'challenge' statement. To do a test if the second view is correct, one can try issuing more challenges but it would be really unwise to do so as you wouldn't know if it can get worse. I feel that respect is important as there are beings that existed way before we do and we not seeing them does not equate to they aren't present.

Now on to the hospital incident. This again shows you got stronger sixth sense than the average person. Maybe the soul of your boyfriend's cousin felt that you were the easiest one to send a message through and therefore you heard the words of regret in your mind. When my grandmother on dad's side died, friends came to the wake. One person in particular frozed on the doorstep to the chapel. We were puzzled why he seemed pale and didn't proceed to enter the chapel. Later on he said he saw my grandma's soul walking around her own coffin.

Now for some help. How about carrying a pack of sea salt or rock salt in your pocket all the time. Try placing bowls of it also inside the house, especially the areas where you sense the most negative feeling. Lastly, I don't know your religion but I think regular prayer would help. I have read from fellow members here about another member named Rookdyjin. Try to look up his profile in this site. There are methods of cleansing mentioned in detail. I think it would greatly help you as those methods are very similar to what I have read and heard in my country. What I want to say is if it works in different countries then probably it's not BS haha.

Lastly, if you got time, please share more of your stories with us. Peace. 😊
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-03-15)
Hi, Haileyh252

What made you ask your parents if you had ghosts in your house? You say that was the first sign something was wrong.

I honestly cannot associate having nightmares with being haunted. People have them all the time, especially children. There seems to be something really terrifying about closets. Closets and under the bed are the first things parents check when reassuring their children there are no ghosts or monsters lurking. I think a lot of our fears manifest in dreams.

When you saw the shadow, could it have been coming from the outside of the house? I know I have scared myself silly with shadows that are cast by cars passing by or people passing by.

The incident with the bottle thrown is weird and scary.

How old were you when your mom 'played' with the Ouija board? You say you are "sensitive", is it because of the experiences in this story?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to better understand why you would think spirits follow you.

Haven

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: