You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Spirit That Follows Me

Real Ghost Stories

A Spirit That Follows Me

 

Hey, I am a 17 year old girl from Europe.

I wanted to share my experience as I am curious if others have went through similar stuff and I really feel alone with this because no one really believes me or understands. I apologize if this is long.

Firstly, my whole family believes in the paranormal. They've all had all sort of experiences from hearing things to seeing actual beings, but for some reason I have it the worst and the others don't really experience much nowadays unlike I do.

My first memory of an experience was when I was 7, I couldn't sleep and I saw a very tall shadowy figure standing in the corner of the room. I remember being frightened and I tried to wake up my sister who was in the same room.

I had always been intrigued by all paranormal things and I watched and read a lot of horror related things ever since I was young, and things started changing when I was about to turn 10. I used a pendulum to contact a spirit (read about it online) and it worked, I remember asking a few questions, such as if it were good or evil, would it become my friend, etc. I was very naive being so young and the website I read it from made it seem like I could make an "imaginary friend" of some sort, I was a lonely kid. Few days after using the pendulum, during the night, I couldn't sleep and it was sort of dark and the light switch was across the room, so I had to walk there. But for some reason I stopped in the middle and when I turned around, there was this teenage girl with a messy appearance just staring at me. I froze on the spot and without thinking just put on the lights and it was gone. That was my first experience seeing a spirit so clearly like it was an actual human.

After this, I told my parents and they were obviously mad. Things started happening to all of us, such as seeing a hand behind a door, things disappearing and moving, hearing whispers and seeing shadows, etc. It lasted until I was 13.

But when I turned 14, things had already calmed down for others but mine were just starting to change. I had noticed that there was this voice speaking in my head, I thought it was me at first but it told me a lot of things that I didn't know about and we started talking regularly. I didn't tell anyone about it yet.

Then the voice started telling me how to live and giving me advice. Getting to know the spirit had taken a lot of time as first it lied a lot, claiming it was a girl and refused to tell its name. But eventually I got closer to it, and the voice changed, sounding like a man but he still wouldn't tell me his name. He told me things about other people that turned out to be true, sometimes he could predict what would happen (that scared me the most) and sometimes he'd be incredibly rude but at times kind.

When I was about to turn 16, the spirit had started to talk to me in a different kind of way. It started being possessive and it hated whenever I took an interest in anyone, claiming I didn't need anyone but him. I was talking to him every day by then and I had small experiences such as seeing black shadows run, and me chasing them, I could feel someone's breath or hand caress my face, feeling someone's presence next to me, etc. But nothing big yet.

It's only since I turned 17 when his behaviour has gotten worse, he talks about sexual things and tells me that he'll make everyone go away and the worst thing is that it's happening, I feel like everyone is leaving me and for some reason I find it horribly hard to connect to anyone and I feel distant and people just run away from me. He also tells me he loves me and asks for permission to fully meet me and I'm scared and I tell him no, cause I don't know what would happen. I see very realistic dreams where he touches me, and some nights when I can't sleep, a tall boy/man comes to me, I feel oddly calm though when it happens and I'm afraid I'm getting attached to it, sometimes it just sits next to me and touches me but the weird thing is that I can't touch it but it can touch me. But why does he keep asking for permission? And what would happen if I did give it to him?

My parents tell me to not talk back to him but it's hard as he's been with me for some years now and the thing is, that he claims he's been with me since my birth. My mom told me a long time before this spirit even started talking to me, that when I was born she felt very scared like something bad would take me away and she wanted to get me somewhere safe. The spirit had told me to ask my mom what happened when I was 4, and once I asked, my mom told me that then I had claimed to see a dark tall man in my room.

It's really creepy and I am wondering why is he following me. I've had very scary experiences too, like seeing actual beings, such as a skeleton in my room, a little girl, etc. I'm scared of those. But this man, or spirit, I'm not really scared of him even though I believe he's a demon because of the things he says, he claims to be powerful and that I can never escape him (this is when he gets angry at me) and at times he's so kind towards me and offers to help me etc that I'm confused, I'm stuck feeling attached and not wanting him to go away but at the same time I don't know what he is and since I haven't given him "permission" what will happen if I do? It's all really confusing to me.

I've read from some satanic websites that it's possible to talk to demons through telepathy and they can help you, just like this spirit helps me occasionally (gives me information, offers to hurt someone I'm angry at, predicts the future, etc). But can these spirits love? He seems more like obsessed with me instead of loving.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Iceball3, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-28)
"He seems more like obsessed with me instead of loving."

I think that about sums it up right there...

Forget ANYTHING this 'spirit' tells you... It will cheat, steal and lie... Heck it will do 'anything' just to keep its attachment to you. It's cultivated it for... If I count this correctly 7 years (give or take a small bit).

It might be able to do everything it says... But do not believe it. There is something about your personal energy that this spirit 'wants/needs'.

I do not 'feel' this is a demon... They tend to want to wear an individual down, not 'connect with you' over a long period of time... Actual Demons want to possess your physical body as if it was theirs... What you are describing sounds like this 'spirit' wants you AS a possession (hope that makes sense). It's not an Incubus... More sex, less or no other offers if that was the case. However it still wants you for itself.

Time to break the connection. I suggest starting with either finding someone who can 'break' a spirit attachment... Or doing it yourself. I suggest a Cleansing Ritual for yourself, your room, your house. I suggest burning Dragon's Blood incense...It's always helped me clear the air. Sandalwood can work as well. I also suggest a personal shield so that you can feel protected AND filtering/holding your energies back so that this spirit does not feel them and can not interact with them.

There are many ways to do what I have suggested, here is the one I use...

"Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.) "

Best advice Just say no...

Please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-28)
Iceball3, in all seriousness, I think you would do well with some counseling/ therapy. Not because I think you may have some illness, but you do have several issues that we can not help you address, such as the loneliness, the feeling everyone is leaving you, and that you can't 'connect' with others. These 'negative' feelings, for lack of a better term, will just make it easier for any 'not good' force to manipulate you. Not just this suspected 'demon' either.
You're parents are wise to say not to talk to him. You say it's hard, but with time it will only become more difficult. You did not mention any religious affiliation, but if you are a believer, then try prayer, and speaking with a priest/minister/Reverend, whomever takes care of the spiritual well being of your faith.
A true demon was never ever human. Ask yourself this, why would you want a relationship with something that is completely untrustworthy, negative in the extreme, and could torment you to no end by destroying anyone you care for?
You ask why it keeps asking permission, I can only answer that from my faith's view; Demons can scare people and influence their feelings, and sometimes thoughts, for a short time. Possession requires people to explicitly give permission, and they'll lie and deceive to get it. In other words, someone could grant 'permission' without even knowing they had.
annie16 (13 stories) (53 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-28)
Rook, can you help here?
Iceball3. This entity is dangerous, please get help. Maybe Rook or some of the other experts can help. I just find it strange that they haven't responded yet.
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-11-28)
Iceball3
Here are some of my opinions

1st. Wanting companionship at your age is natural. BUT I really think that companionship needs to be from a fellow LIVING being. There are reasons the living and the dead exist in different worlds. You could do yourself some long term psychological damage if not careful.
You MUST also consider you don't really know who your talking to. We all like to think we can't be tricked but they do it every day. The common tactic is to start off friendly and earn our trust and once they do it never seems to turn out good.

I'm not one to hit the panic button but I'm hearing so much in your story that warning bells are going off everywhere. You are also their favorite kind of target
Someone who may be lonely. Not a lot of friends. Perhaps low confidence or self esteem.

This is just my opinion but I think you want advice so here is mine.

Get rid of this thing. Your in the prime of your life when you should be experiencing life to the fullest. Get out there and make some friends. Go live life. The dead will be waiting when your time on earth is done. For now you belong in the land of the living. It's your time to live and enjoy so do that. Please

Randy
MK1 (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-27)
Hi, [at] Iceball3,

I am sorry for your unusual experiences. It's quite obvious that these apparitions, feelings, and "touches" are bothering you immensely. My sympathies to you.

Others on this forum are better equipped to advise you on how to most effectively deal with this situation, but I think most of them would agree with me that inviting this spirit or spirits to somehow take control of you would likely not be wise.

If it were me, I'd not employ the use of a pendulum, ouija board, or the life, as those seem to create more havoc and unrest than they would help.

I feel confident that someone on here would be happy to assist you in finding some answers, or at least help you to ward off some of these conflicted feelings you've been having, and get you closer to ridding your psyche of this nuisance.

Hang in there. You're among friends.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: