You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Someone Was Calling Me

Real Ghost Stories

Someone Was Calling Me

 

This is about my first ever paranormal encounter. This incident took place in December 2015. I am originally from Malaysia but this incident took place in Perth, Australia while I was visiting my uncle. I was around 13 then and I had gone to Australia with my grandparents and cousin to visit my uncle and we were joined by my mom and another uncle a few days later.

My uncle lives with his wife and his two kids, they live in a single story house with 4 bedrooms, 2 living rooms, 2 bathrooms, a pool etc. The house was just right to accommodate all 10 of us at that time.

The incident took place about 2 weeks after we arrived. It was about 10:30 or 11 at night, my mom and my aunt had gone out to visit a family friend. Two of my cousins and I were in one of the bedrooms just talking about girl stuff and everyone else was in the living room watching TV. In order to get from the living room to the bedroom we were in, you would have to walk past the kitchen (which was opposite the living room) and open a door which led to a hallway which led to 3 of the bedrooms. Once you open the door on your left there would be 2 adjacent bedrooms (both of which were facing the pool) and if you were to look right and straight down the hall, the bedroom we were in (the guest bedroom) would be at the end of the hall.

My cousins and I were talking, laughing and basically just having a good time. All of sudden, whilst talking, I heard my mom calling my name but I just ignored it and continued talking. After that I heard her calling me again repeatedly and my cousin was like " your mom is calling you" and I was like " yeah I'm going to go see what she wants". I left the room alongside my cousins and exited the hallway alongside my cousin to enter the kitchen. Once I was in the kitchen I looked around and couldn't find my mom. I asked my grandma where my mom was because she kept calling me. At that moment everyone in the living room turned their heads away from the tv (in slow motion for some reason) and looked at me with a rather confused and shocked expression on each of their faces. My cousins and I had the exact same reaction when my grandma said "Your mother is not back yet" and all I could get out of my mouth at that moment was "oh okay". After that my cousins and I returned to the bedroom and sat in silence for a few minutes. I broke the silence by asking them if they heard my mom calling my name too and they both agreed that they did. We all agreed that we were freaked out and left the bedroom to go to the living room.

Around 20 minutes later my aunt and my mom returned. I ran to my mom crying out of fear. She took me to one of the bedrooms facing the pool to ask me what was wrong and calm me down. As I was in the midst of explaining everything to her, a basketball which was on the other side of the pool flew across and banged the bedroom window. Both my mom and I were horrified. Later on my aunt did a little prayer around the house and told us to pray and not think about it that much.

That's it for my first story. Please feel free to give me any feedback!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, idkwho1234, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

chaos2 (10 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-06-14)
That's creepy, at least, nothing bad happened to any of you.

Have you asked your uncle who owns the house if they've had the same experiences before or after you visited them?
Dennis191 (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-06-10)
Well, it sounds disturbing... As far as my readings got me, from what I understand about beings mimicking other people's voices/appearances they're usually not the ones you want hanging around. Then it continues to prove it wants something, probably to scare you all or possibly harm some or all of you. I think it might be someone really upset, or what some people would call demons. But as I'm not familiar with your beliefs I won't say that it is this or that, it's clearly harmful or at least not happy about something, so as someone who just recently started doing tons of research my best advice would be seek help from someone or a group who deal with this sort of a thing. Shouldn't be too hard as from what I've read nearly all cultures/religions/traditions deal with unwanted spirits in some way. I hope you have already found help, or will soon. Best of luck.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: