You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Calling Spirits... Can They Come Back?

Real Ghost Stories

Calling Spirits... Can They Come Back?

 

This is my first time telling my whole story. I've told a few family members bits and pieces; however, refrained from telling all of it. Maybe I was ashamed for what we did. For lack of a better word I'll simply say we were stupid teenagers. Watching too many scary movies put ideas in our heads. One evening, we were sitting around being bored and decided to "call spirits."

We constructed a Ouija board made of cardboard, set up candles, and sat in a circle. We first held hands and called spirits. Then we used the Ouija board. Needless to say, nothing happened. Or so we thought. After the ritual we threw out the board and continued on with our teenaged lives.

Then things stared to happen. One night, I was in my room talking on the phone when my doorknob started shaking. My door was shut but I could see the knob jiggling. I yelled for whoever was shaking it to come in. It just kept shaking. So I yelled, "It's open!" Same thing, more jiggling. So I told my friend on the phone to hang on I was going to open the door (maybe it was locked). It was still shaking when I reached my hand out to open it. I flung it open - no one was there. My room is in the basement (I'm the only one with a room down here). I ran to check the furnace room and laundry room but nobody was around. I assumed it was my little sister but there is no way she could've ran in the blink of an eye to the stairs on the other side of the basement. Anyways, I just shrugged it off.

Other incidents that took place were hearing my books shuffling papers at night, stereo turning on by itself, seeing black shadows move quickly in the corner of my eye, and my "night attacks" returned. I used to have these night attacks in the middle of the night when I was younger (maybe 10 or so), which scared everyone half to death. No one knew what to do. I even wound up in hospital because my parents were so scared and didn't know what to do. They'd pray and try calm me down but nothing worked.

Then all of a sudden the night attacks left. After we called spirits as teenagers, they returned. I was scared and confessed what we did to my mom. She brought in her church group to pray for the house. When they got to my room they said they felt a coldness and dark evil. After they blessed the house everything was fine for years. Until recently.

I've started getting the feeling that I'm being watched. The scariest incident was when I was watching TV with my cat. She's my baby and always follows me around. While sitting beside me on the armrest she started growling all of a sudden. She jumped off the couch and slowly crept away from me. While creeping away, she kept looking over her shoulder - first at me then her sight line moved over to the corner of the room. She was doing that evil growl cats do. I was calling her name asking her what's wrong. Then she slowing left the room but gave the corner one last glance over her shoulder. She hid in the laundry room for like 4 hours.

During this time I called my mom and told her what happened. She knew I was scared and told me to read a few verses in the bible (I forgot which ones). I managed to grab my cat from the laundry room and took her upstairs to the same spot and read the bible verses. Halfway through she growled again. This time I freaked and ran to my boyfriend. My cat went back to the laundry room and stayed there. Whatever she saw freaked her out.

When my parents returned home we did a group prayer together. It calmed me down a bit but now I'm wondering if whatever was bothering me before somehow came back.

Thanks for reading my story. Just a quick note- I don't do drugs and I rarely drink.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shells15, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-02)
A clown is just a clown, not a paranormal term as far as I know. Yesterday was April Fool's Day, and we all got pranked lol. Everything is back to normal today though.
Shells15 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-02)
Forgot to put this in my response- yes we do live in the same house (we moved away for a couple years and nothing happened, but we moved back to the original house).
Yes, I do believe in God, spirits, and demons.
Chow
Shells15 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-01)
Sorry for the late response- didn't realize my story was posted. I'm curious, what do you mean by clowns? Everyone commenting is using the term clowns. Is this just another term for undetermined spirit?
Thanks for the advice everyone. Yes, I believe I will ask my mom to bring in the church group again. It seemed to help. However nothing major has happened in a couple of weeks so I'm hoping it's calmed down.
My night attacks used to happen in the middle of the night (although two happened in the morning). I would suddenly wake up with a heavy pressure pushing me down into the bed. I'd see dark scary figures around me (later learned they were my parents) I'd hear a voice whispering to me to fall, fall, fall. I'd cling onto the bed and scream and cry for help. These were the childhood ones. When I was a teenager and the night attacks came back I'd feel the same heavy pressure on my body but this time I couldn't breath. It's normally dark in my room so I wouldn't see anything. It was scary because I'd be fully awake and scared of what the heck was pushing me down. When I broke free I ran upstairs screaming for help but only my younger sister was home. So I must've freaked her out because she came running to me and I was really scared and asked her to pray for me and hold my hand. Which she did. Felt better after that. These night attacks haven't happened for years though.
Whenever I'm feeling nervous like something is around I pray in my head and not let myself think of anything evil.
Thanks again for the advice people. Will probably have a cleansing of some sort in the near future.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-23)
It Could have come back. Spirits come back sometimes because whatever was done to get rid of them "wares off", or they just come back after leaving unexpectedly. I suggest you take the others advice below.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-03-20)
Hello Shells15, I don't think that what happened years later after your Ouija experience is connected to your having Ouija session. Incidentally, I would like to ask you, did you guys close the Ouija Board when you had the session.

Another thing is that you said "night attacks". I want to ask what kind of night attacks you experienced. You haven't given any details about it. And you said that years later, "night attacks" returned. Again no details. Are you living in the same house where you had experiences when you were a teenager?

You said that you shared only bits and pieces to some of your relatives initially. Later you said that you shared what happened to your mother. How much of your experiences you shared with your mother and what you didn't tell her. And what is there to get ashamed. I agree what you did was not correct by having a Ouija session without any experience and that too with hand-made Board. But there is nothing to be ashamed of. In such circumstances, it is better to be frank and open with people to what happened so that a solution could be found. I am not telling you alone but for others, who might have hidden something.

If you feel that there is something evil in the house, why don't you use the "Home cleansing method" devised by Rookdygin, one of the experienced posters in this site. It can be used irrespective of which religion you belong to. I give below, for your sake, the method of Rook. Please do discuss with your parents and try to cleanse the house if you feel there is evil. It has helped many and it will help you. If it works, give all the credit to my friend Rook.

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

But please do cleanse over a period to have lasting effect.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-20)
Hello:
Many believe that house blessings should be done periodically, especially when there has been bothersome activity.
Obviously, you and your family have a specific faith from which you enlisted the help of the group at your mother's church. Since it appeared to have worked for several years, perhaps you could ask them to do it again? That would seem the most logical to me. They already know what happened before and were willing to help. They might even know that this type of thing can reoccur after some years pass.
Blessings,
Lynev
DreamOfMe (9 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-03-19)
This depends on how much do you believe in spirits, ghost, demons and gods. It's pointless giving some advice on skeptic person.
So what is your answer on "do you think God, demon, ghost, witch exist?".

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: