You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: I Heard Someone Calling My Name In The Forest

Real Ghost Stories

I Heard Someone Calling My Name In The Forest

 

There was a new road going through my forest made last year. I walked my dogs there a couple of times, but I never went too far.

Until this time, when I went all the way to the end of the road. There was a dead end and after that, nothing but forest. There was also a cliff/drop so there was no more paths I, or anyone else, could walk.

I sat there on the forest floor and was giving my dogs water, when I heard someone calling me. They (he or she, I couldn't quite recognise if it was a male of female voice) were shouting my name.

I wasn't quite sure if I heard it right, so I stood still and waited to hear if they will say it again... And they did. They repeated it a few times and now I was 100% sure they were calling my name.

I thought it was maybe someone who I know, so I shouted back. No response. They just continued shouting my name, over and over again.

I eventually got up and returned home, I could still hear my name shouted as I was walking away.

I don't know what that was and I'm also not sure, if it was a person, where were they? Because as I already said, there was a cliff at the end of the road. Not a place where people could walk. And the shouts were coming from that direction, from the forest, like someone was at the bottom of the cliff.

I went down that road a couple more times after that and nothing weird happened. I always feel kind of uneasy there, since that part of the forest is a bit dark, so I feel watched at all times. Especially now since that happened, it's like I expect something is out there just waiting on me.

Other hauntings by zlocestivuk81

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, zlocestivuk81, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

zlocestivuk81 (2 stories) (2 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-03-29)
Dear all,
Thank you for so many answers! I'll try to answer all of it, hope I don't skip anything 😄
So, first off, [at] anno_domini, I guess the road was built so that the forestmen (the people who work there, don't know what theyre called) could reach out for trees deeper in the forest? I don't really know though.
[at] silverknight I go there at various different times, sometimes early in the morning and other times just before night. As much as I remember, my dogs didn't seem to care about the voice, like they didn't hear it at all. Which is weird because they're usually very vary of strangers. They did get upset once they noticed my reaction, but that's normal considering dogs can detect fear pretty easily.
[at] lady-glow there's actually stories about tons of people being burried there during the world war 2, there's also a memorial park that we call The Graveyard of Partisans (it's called Memorial Park Dotršćina, if you want to look it up). Very interesting place, I could actually write a whole another story about that forest.
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-02-13)
Hi zlocestivuk81,

I'm actually curious as to why the authorities would build a new road, through a forest, that ends before a cliff? The usual reason for building a road would be to connect 2 or more places which are highly travelled. In this case, to clear a forest and build a road to nowhere seems very odd.
silverknight (1 stories) (25 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-02-11)
Hi there zlocestivuk81. If that voice was indeed someone who fell off there, then I think it's strange that it calls your name specifically. We can say your mind might be playing with you. If I were you though, I would play it safe and avoid going back there. You mentioned you felt uneasy there so your senses might telling you something isn't right there. I have been told that forests are usually home to many unseen beings.

I have a few questions if you do not mind me asking. What time of the day do you usually venture there with your dogs? Do your dogs behave differently during those times you experienced the voice calling you?
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-02-11)
I've heard my name called a couple of times. The last time I was at work and my boss was a long ways off I was by myself and someone who sounded right by my ear said "Tony". I didn't answer so they said "TONY" pretty loud. I turned and could see for a good half mile in all directions open area, no one there. I asked my boss later if he'd ever heard someone call his name and told him about it. He said yes as a matter of fact before daylight that very day in the barn some one called his name while he was doing his morning milking. I asked him what he did and he said " I said yes Lord." and went on about my chores. So the next time I heard my name called that's what I said.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-01-19)
zlokestivuk - Perhaps somebody came to a sticky end at that cliff and was warning you to stay away. I like to think that this was a caring spirit rather than some nasty being egging you on to follow his path!

I quite often hear voices calling me but this usually happens in my own home. These are usually the voices of family members who aren't even at home at the time and now and then I'll hear a strange voice.

I don't know why these things happen so I simply ignore them and carry on with what I'm doing.

Don't let this event bother you too much. You've been there since and there haven't been any experiences. Whoever or whatever it was probably just wanted to catch your attention at that particular time.

Regards, Melda
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-01-19)
I just hope that nobody fell off the cliff and was calling asking for your help. 😐

Have you heard of any missing person in the area or about any unexplained events in the forest?

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: