You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Shook From My Bed

Real Ghost Stories

Shook From My Bed

 

Let me start with some back story, so you can understand my full meaning. I have been in law enforcement for nearly 28 years. For the past 13 I have been a Special Agent... I've been on SWAT, for several years and served my county overseas in the US Army. I am a type "A" personality. I have worked homicides and hunted seriously dangerous men. I am hard wired to seek the tangible and find the truth... No one whom has ever met me can say I easily rattle. Here is what occurred...

I purchased a farm house in rural Oklahoma 9 months ago. It's about 7 miles from the nearest town. It's peaceful out in the country most of the time. I live alone at the moment with my Fiancee' moving down in a couple of weeks. My kids are grown. In college and working. Two nights ago, I went through my normal bedtime routine. Checked the doors and set the alarm. All was quiet. I go to sleep about 1130 PM.

I'm asleep for about an hour when I awaken by what I can only describe as a small child pushing the mattress of my bed down on the empty side, a few times. I didn't see a child. I heard a giggle then felt the movement. I recall asking "What is it baby?" Like when one of you kids wakes you up at night. I then realized I was alone and thought I dreamt it, in that place between awake and asleep. I felt no threat or concern really and rolled over and went back to sleep.

Two hours later at about 2:30 AM I feel the bed violently move several times, It jarred me awake. Once awake, it moved one more time and was coming from under the bed pushing up. It moved my full body weight as well as the bed mattress and box spring. I'm kind of a big guy. That took some effort. I got up quickly. I sleep with a firearm accessible at all times, and like I stated earlier I live alone during the week. The room is dark so I grabbed the weapon and a flashlight. All the hair on the back of my neck is standing up and I felt like I was not alone in the room. I went from condition white to condition red instantly. It immediately felt like I was in trouble and about to deal with a home invasion or something and feeling like there is a REAL threat to deal with. I check my surroundings and determine nothing is close to me. I jerked the covers off the bed so I can see underneath. There was nothing there. I fully expected to find a person. I swept my whole house, issuing threats and armed. I checked every room, closet and space a person could be in. Nothing. I cannot accurately convey the level that this unnerved me.

Since that happened, sleep has been less than easy. I did some research and have had the house heavily saged. It's been quiet since then, at least so far. There have been no geological anomalies reported. All I can say is, there are still some things in this world that we don't understand. I can tell you without a doubt, I was not alone at 2:30 AM.

-Rhino06

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rhino06, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rhino06 (1 stories) (6 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-15)
Biblio,
Okay, aside from the seriousness of what you were dealing with, your post made me laugh...

"I recall that my reaction began with "How DARE you..." I know that my tirade included casting aspersions upon the moral character of the entity, speculations about the cheap promiscuity of the entity's mother, indicating where within its own anatomy the entity should place its hand in order to tap its rhythm next, and my opinion of spirits who wanted to haunt my apartment without even pretending to be helpful." -Biblio

That was probably my fave! Apparently I'm not the only one that storms through the house cussing and issuing threats. And to top it off... You kicked it off the porch too! I can only imagine it felt fully evicted. It just goes to show you, it's not the size of the Dog in the fight, it's the size of the Fight in the dog.

(Still smirking to myself)

-Rhino
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-08-14)
Hey, Rhino!

Thanks for the update.

"I felt whatever it was kind of leave, if that makes any sense?!?" Hell, Yes! That means you're being successful at asserting your personality, your spiritual "self," over your home environment.

I think you're dealing with a tenacious little bugger if it tried to show up within your home *after* being forced out by the cleansing process; it may just have been testing to see if it *could* get in without being noticed. Good job catching it in the act & giving it no options!

If pushing the light all the way to the boundaries of your property is exhausting you, or taxing you unduly, I'd recommend that you definitely focus on the house & porch as your primary concern, and perhaps include the property line on alternate cleansing rituals. This is, of course, up to you and your comfort level. If pushing all the way to the property line is getting the results you want, then keep doing it, but pace yourself.

If you're interested, I wrote an account of removing an unwanted spirit from my grad school apartment, called "A Clash Of Personalities." (Link: https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=23866). I know what it is like to deal with something unpleasant that has tried to invade your space.

I don't think that anyone who has been through the situations described on YGS will ever laugh at anyone else for giving a kind and thoughtful entity a cute nickname. I *usually* caution against giving nicknames to spirits until the attitude of the entity is made obvious; however, she gave you a present the moment you put effort into removing the hostile entity. I believe you're doing the right thing; keeping her presents where she can see that they are valued will only lead to trust and appreciation. It's a little odd that she gives you metal presents, but she's not hiding them next to the bed or the shower where they might hurt anyone; so long as you look at the middle of the living room floor regularly, there shouldn't be a problem. I have read several accounts on YGS in which a spirit left coins for someone to find (and a couple of instances of tarot card decks, now I think about it) but never one about metal odds and ends. Ultimately, as with any present, I do believe it is the thought that counts.

Glad things are working out for you.

Best,
Biblio.
Rhino06 (1 stories) (6 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-08-14)
Hi Bibilo and Luciaj,
I apologize for not checking back in for awhile. It's been a little hectic around here. I have saged the house again, just before my fiancé moved in. Rook's recipe seems to work pretty well. Airing out the house and letting the light in was a good plan. It needed sweeping metaphorically and literally, both. The candle visualization is calming, and probably cathartic. I like the actual candle, but that's me. I'm still working on shielding to edges of the property. That seems a little more of a challenge for me, I feel a little tired after.

As far as offending me Bibilo, I have really tough skin, so not at all, hence...Rhino, LOL! I do keep a few items from the past I probably shouldn't. Not ready for them to go yet. It's a process.

Luciaj, so I looked into it further on the cremation boxes. The were human remains, with full names and date of death on them. I imagine that they are spread at my pond, it's pretty there, where there is a giant pecan tree. That's only supposition on my part though.

I've had a couple minor experiences since we've corresponded last. One was similar to the feeling I got, like when the bed shook. The feeling lasted only for a moment, I was reading in the living room and "felt" something negative in my bedroom a couple of meters away. The air became very still, There was an attention draw to the open bedroom door, towards the darkened room. I confronted it by saying aloud, in a command voice, you are not welcome here, only positive energy may remain. I felt whatever it was kind of leave, if that makes any sense?!?

The second recent is, I definitely have a little girl playing on the porch and in my kitchen, when I'm in another room. I'll hear tiny steps, I did acknowledge the rose rock, and keep it on the window sill. I was told by the same person who suggested the initial sage, to give her a nick name and address her when she's active. Acknowledge that I hear her. So, (now don't laugh at me here) I named her "Zuzu Petals" like in "A Wonderful Life" She keeps leaving me pieces of metal in the middle of my living room. Basically in the same 4 tile square spot. So far, I have a finishing nail, a tack, a small machine screw, and coke pull tab, a bit of foil and a small drill bit. All at different times, over the past two weeks. I know I've cleaned, and swept so they weren't there before. Anyone have any thoughts on that one? Her collection I keep in a small bowl next to her rose on the windowsill.
Hope this finds you well, secure and safe.
-Rhino06

😉
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-07-10)
Hi, Rhino:

Sorry for not checking back with you sooner; hope your situation has continued to improve.

At a guess, I think that the fascinating rose rock was a "thank you" gift from the little girl who plays on the porch. That's a good sign! Even if everything with the negative spirit had not yet been fixed, you clearly made sufficient positive headway to impress her into expressing gratitude.

You should be made aware that cleansing a house is most effective when given a little "top up" of positivity every so often.

On that point, be thoughtful about the possessions you bring into the new house; don't move in anything from your past that reminds you of seriously negative emotions, such as disappointment, shame, anger, or fear. Don't put such items in the house "out of sight" in the cellar or the attic, either; their mere presence will remind you of the negative feelings at unexpected times.

I am writing out the above paragraph with a specific purpose. Negative emotions, no matter how well hidden, will work against the positive home atmosphere you're working to create. You do not want any negative entity to ride that emotion back into your home; even hiding the negative stuff in the attic, for example, creates a negative space in which it can try to hide until it has gained enough strength to reassert itself as a serious problem.

When it comes to any furniture or decorations that act as painful reminders of the past, I'm not suggesting that they have any intrinsic evil in them; I'm stating that you may need to make peace with your own past experiences and to let them go. There's a *huge* difference between 'moving forward' and self-inflicted martyrdom. Learn from whatever happened, but don't keep stuff around that makes you feel like you're hitting yourself over the head with any mistakes in the past. If you do have such items around --and most of us do-- this is a good time to drop them off at the "Goodwill," or "Big Brothers, Big Sisters." I'm suggesting this so you may take the tax-deduction receipt, but not profit directly from selling the items. I concede that my advice probably sounds a touch superstitious, but I don't think that a direct financial profit from any item that induces a negative emotional state will feel particularly good to you, either.

If I've crossed a line and offended you, I do sincerely apologize. My comments are directed toward helping you start a new chapter of your life with a positive environment.

Stay strong, Rhino.

Best,
Biblio.
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-07-06)
That's very interesting. I'm not sure if it's related though... I would think the ashes were probably scattered over a favorite place, ocean, park etc... But now you have the residue of the person/s in the box not attached to their ashes. I'd think burying the boxes would be a good thing. I'm not sure where I'd bury them though.

Try to find out more about the names on the boxes. Were they like first and last names or just like a first name. Don't rule out it could be a pet cremated too. I have know lots of people that cremate pets.
Rhino06 (1 stories) (6 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-07-05)
LuciaJ,
I'm all about having the house and my marriage blessed. What could it possibly hurt? New house, new wife, new life experiences. Pushing out negatives in my life is always a good plan.
As to your question about precipitating events... There was one potentially significant, and / or possibly related item. I hesitated to mention it because it had always been my experience that the dead are dead, and incapable of anything else. Like I said in the main story I used to work homicides, unattended deaths and the like. I've seen a lot of death in my career and generally take the position it's a natural conclusion we all face.
That said, when cleaning out the utility shed of garbage and junk left behind by a former owner, we found two empty cremation boxes, with the residue of ash in them. Like someone had scattered the ashes and kept the empty boxes. It was a little creepy, I suppose, but not ominous. Both boxes were out of California, having died a decade apart. I could not find an obit on one with only a date of death and a name on the canister. The funeral home was less than helpful, citing "confidentially issues" (which by the way end at death in almost every state) A lady in her 70's.
The other was an adult nephew of the former owner. It does not appear either descendent ever lived here. This was just where the next of kin lived, and where the remains were sent. Why someone would retain the boxes is beyond me.
Thank you for the comment. Be safe.
-Rhino06
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-07-03)
If you and fiancee are getting married in a church you may just want to talk the person marrying you in a nonchalant way and say, oh we're looking forward to our life together, how about blessing the house for us and giving us a fresh start on life? Have him bless the marriage bed too.:)

I think this is pretty intense for your first intro into the paranormal realm. Were there other stuff preceding you may not have noticed?
Rhino06 (1 stories) (6 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-07-03)
There is one interesting thing I forgot to mention... After looking for the little girl on the porch I found this on the railing

Https://statesymbolsusa.org/symbol-official-item/oklahoma/state-mineral-rock/rose-rock
It's one of those rocks that looks like a rose. It was not there before, I know it wasn't because I had to repair a railing section and would have noticed it. There would have been no way to miss it.
Rhino06 (1 stories) (6 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-07-02)
Biblio,
Thank you for making me welcome and for passing on Rook's recipe. Let him know I appreciate it. I'm open to it. I'll definitely try that, as well as the incense. To answer a couple of your questions, my Fiancé is more of the religious one than I am. I did tell her about it in detail, and she literally stopped me and asked me not to say anymore to her about it. She was upset about it. I"m pretty sure she's heard the girl before, but didn't tell me.
I think you nailed it about my personality, I don"t usually open up well about the paranormal. I'm learning though.
My sister suggested and sent me the sage. I think you"re right about there being more than one ghost / entity. I've heard the little girl before, walking around my wrap around porch and a giggle when I go look, almost like she's playing tag or hide and seek.
It's been quiet for about a week now, (No bed shaking) but I do still hear something moving around the kitchen when I'm in the bedroom. I don't mind her or them. I absolutely minded whatever woke me up that night. It made me very angry, and brought out a lot of aggression, which I'm told is not good energy, and may contribute to the problem.
Thank you sincerely for the way you explained the worse case, and fall back concepts. I can wrap my head around what you meant. Like I mentioned, I'm learning. Any other ideas or advice is appreciated.
Hope this finds you safe, happy, warm and fed.
-Rhino06
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-07-02)
Greetings, Rhino, and welcome to YGS.

By your introduction, you are basically the definition of the colloquial noun "a hardcase." I think that you take pride in this, and rightfully so; it is the combination of traits and experiences that have made you into an effective & successful adult.

While these traits are admirable, they usually prevent "type 'A' personalities" from opening up about the paranormal. I certainly hope that it was cathartic for you to share your narrative with us. It's not always easy to be a grown man who has to admit to chasing ghost phenomena through his own home.

First point: Congratulations on getting the house saged first. It would appear that you've done some background research on dealing with the phenomena, and sage is a fantastic starting point.

Second: Did you discuss this with your fiancée at all? If the activity unnerved you, it may alarm her, also. (If so, did she suggest the sage? If not, *lead* with the fact you've had the house saged "to clear the air" in your new home).

Third: If you are a religious man, you may want to have a local minister from your faith -or your fiancée's faith- do a blessing of the house. If you are not a religious man, I'm attaching to the bottom of my reply a 3-day cleansing ritual by one of our stalwart members, Rook. The advantage to this is that Rook *is* a minister who created this ritual so it can is compatible with religious and non-religious beliefs. Summer is an ideal time to do this, as it does require opening the windows; as you are 7 miles from town, I can well imagine that your home won't have any immediate neighbors who will think the new guy in town is unhinged.

Fourth: It is possible that your home has different *types* of spirit in it; the child-like presences may be one or more deceased children's spirits who have lingered in their home. The entity that moved you, your mattress, and your box-spring was NOT a child's spirit. That takes serious force and aggression to accomplish; it's not a cute trick like making a salt cellar slide along the dining table, it's a display of hostility. Rook's cleansing, depending upon your comfort level, can leave innocent spirits -like the children- alone if you're ok with their staying around. The dangerous one *must* be driven out. The dangerous one *may* have disguised itself as a child the first time to see how you react; it may be a powerful entity that has *bullied* the children-spirits to do what it wants; it may be that the child-spirits regularly hide from the powerful one in order to be left alone (presuming they are really child spirits, they would be just as scared of the powerful entity now as they would have been while alive because they're still children).

Fifth: For peace of mind, you may wish to extend prayers, blessings, etc. To the boundaries of your property lines; getting a powerful entity out of the house may accomplish -only- that. Admittedly, this is a "worst case scenario" phenomenon, but given that you've seen active duty in the Army and worked SWAT, I think you're a guy who needs to hear the worst possible outcome in order to have fallback positions and to verify that the dangerous element in this situation has been dealt with **permanently.**

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, and good luck with your future plans for a happy marriage and a quiet home in the countryside. As a resident alien & the spouse of an American, I'm sitting in the kitchen of my 150-year-old American Dream, on a quarter acre of Connecticut, and I fully believe that you, sir, have earned peace of mind in your American Dream, too.

Best,
Biblio.

******Rook's Cleansing Method******

Rook's Cleansing and Shielding Method (as used by myself and many other members of this site)...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: