You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghost Train (s)

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Train (s)

 

Every day whenever I'm at my dads I get the train to and from school. Some strange things have happened. I'm not sure if it is the same train every day, I do not know.

Before I continue I would like to point out I am aware of more than 1 death on the railway; most recently someone killed themselves jumping in front of a train. I know this because my dad works for the train company. Most famously, a cleaner was electrocuted on one of the trains while cleaning (you could find this on the news I think because the company was sued for it.) The train I get has very few people on, for the record.

It started off very minor. I witnessed a button being pushed that opened a door in the train when no one had pushed it. One could dismiss that as a glitch in technology, but has happened regularly, and I've seen the button being pushed down.

I've heard heavy banging on one of the windows when no one was there. I've heard shrieks and disembodied footsteps. I frequently feel kicking or jerks in the back of my seat, only to turn around and no one was there.

A few days ago, I saw a person come on the train and sit a few rows in front of me. I didn't see their face but they had short hair. I heard noisy grunting and I stood up to see if the person was okay. Nobody was sitting there.

I've never felt threatened during these encounters, though. Creeped out slightly, but never threatened. The train I always get is deserted, save for a group of boys who I stay away from because they blast really loud rap music. I'm not sure if this is possible, but maybe someone who died on the tracks haunt the train. Here is the link for the cleaner's death if you are interested:

Http://www.railtechnologymagazine.com/Rail-News/southeastern-fined-25m-after-cleaner-is-electrocuted-on-live-rail

Other hauntings by Filmbuff1234

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Filmbuff1234, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2019-11-24)
Hi filmbuff,

I agree with Augusta in that is is likely to be a residual haunt since it repeats it's actions and pretty much stays put.

I have had an idea in my head about trains for a long time. I think that they are attractive to spirits who are en route to the other side.

I suppose I should try to explain myself.

This idea first surfaced in my mind as a result of playing Final Fantasy on the first Nintendo in the 1990's. There was a character named "Cyan" who had to get off of the train because it wasn't his time to die.

It's ridiculous but ever since then there hasn't been a time that I have heard the horn on a train that I haven't though of the prospect of death.

Rest assured that I have never told anyone else on Planet Earth about my idea about trains. 😜

Thank you for sharing your story, Maria ❤
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-08-15)
Honestly, I think most anything has the potential to be haunted - we have plenty of stories about haunted trailors, why not train cars? Plenty of novels, Anna Karenina for one, have featured train ghosts and I would dare suggest the existence of even more urban legends of entire ghost trains. By my way of reasoning, there wouldn't be so many notable iterations of the theme if there wasn't some kernel of truth to it.

It seems to me what you have experienced could be a residual haunting as it doesn't carry with it any emotional clout, doesn't interact with you and seems to repeat actions. Certainly enough strife has occurred in those tunnels to have whipped up some excess energy.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: