You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Glowing Red Eyes Staring At Me

Real Ghost Stories

Glowing Red Eyes Staring At Me

 

When I was about 8 years old, somewhere around the 80s I experienced seeing 2 big red glowing almond shaped floating eyes staring at me, for a short moment right beside my bed.

It happened in the early morning after I had woken up, not being dizzy or half asleep, or anything like that when I noticed these two red eyes were there. It wasn't like you'd picture an eye with an iris and all that stuff, they were pure red glowing. Not an intense glow either. I tried not to make a sudden movement, I wasn't frozen, scared, it had startled me and I felt a naturally excitement/anxiety/alertness. I tried focussing my eyes just to be sure I wasn't imagining things. It wasn't dark either, it was already light outside. There also wasn't a shape or silhouette surrounding these eyes, no physical body as far as I can recollect. These eyes were only there for a short moment and disappeared when I had blinked or looked away.

I carefully got out of bed to further examine what had just happened. Maybe I had been seeing things I said to myself, thinking it must have been the way the light shone through the curtains as I desperately tried to replicate it for me to accept what I had just seen. I didn't succeed.

I never talked about this event with anyone for the obvious reasons. This happened only once that I can recall of.

I recently thought to try and figure out what it might have been using Google as maybe other people might have shared having some similar experiences? You get a lot of misinformation and plain entertainment, it's hard to find real/honest content. But I'm not thinking shadow people, or that sleep paralysis thing.

I've had some pretty 'weird' events during my life up until now, which are more along the lines of paranormal 'empath', psychic experiences and didn't make my life easier.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MG, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

HankB (2 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-06-22)
I am an empath, psychic medium. I had un-consiently suppressed my gifts as a kids and they started resurfacing when I became a teenager. My sister in law is also gifted. I am wondering if this being would maybe be attracted to gifted people, or if our gifts allowed to spot it.

I also have to say that the land on which our apartment was build used to be a battle ground during the middle ages.
HankB (2 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-06-22)
Hello,

I have witnessed those glowing eyes myself in a few occasions. They usually appeared late at night, on the wall facing my bedroom when I was a teenager. The feeling I got from them was icing my blood. I would dash to my room if I was not in it already and quickly closed the door. I thought that I had imagined them until one of our neighbors mentioned that her 3 or 4 year old at the time saw those eyes in their bathroom while she saw giving him a bath.

I felt like those eyes were appearing on the wall every so often and they had a primal energy to them. It seamed like the being to which they belonged was in another dimension and was just opening a portal to peak through.

I forced myself to ignore them as much as possible but at time while laying in bed I could still sense them on that wall starring at my door.

A few month ago I was at my sister in law and we were talking about paranormal experience and those eyes came to be mentioned. She instantly knew what I was talking about. She gave me the exact description and feeling I had when I saw them for the first time she got when she saw them. We both used the therm werwolf like creature... I only have perceived shadow of that creature but it is big and really felt like how we would describe a werwolf.

Has anyone else felt this feeling or perceived it this way?

Thank you
Badgers_Absinthe (2 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-04-30)
Very interesting.
Could say I have a memory when I was very young. Maybe 3 or 4 years old. It was very late and my father was working at desk in our home. I'm the living room, and I looked out the window because there were two large, very large eyes (and just completely bright or illuminating red light. No eye ball or anything, the same color and brightness of red) seemingly just fixed on my position. And what is weird, from what others have written, was That I also was not scared or frightened. I figure, now I would be screaming out of my mind. But no. It stared, and I just stared back, maybe in curiosity, but I don't think I had time to consider that. I remembering turning towards my father to tell him and then it was gone.
terranigma (9 stories) (71 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-09-25)
I have had a similar experience and I have written a story about it. It is the story about the glowing fire eyes I wrote:)
Taintedprincess (20 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-08-30)
Hi MG what a great story. I am currently looking for some content to share on my brand new podcast about all things paranormal. Would you mind if I share your story?
Regards Taintedprincess 😁
ms_st0308 (6 stories) (66 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-08-16)
This has happened to my sister too. She was probably about 8 or 9 and we were at my cousins' house, so 5 kids total. Their basement was more like a first floor with bedrooms and a den. We used to turn all the lights off and run around with flashlights playing.

Anyway, my sister got scared and yelled for us to come look. She saw a set of red eyes looking at her from one of the bedroom closets. The rest of us couldn't see anything. Of course we tried to test our theories and turned off the flashlights to prove that it was a reflection of light, but she swore the eyes were still there. We played outside for the rest of the afternoon.
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-08-13)
I also want to add that I too experienced this as a teenager.

It was only one time. I was on the phone talking to my friend and I was describing what I was seeing. Just like what you saw, it was looking at me through the window.

She didn't believe me and got mad at me and hung up. Saying stop making up things. I even went up to the window to see if there was a body and there wasn't. It was just eyes. At the time, I felt no fear at all. It was just weird. It never came back again.

The next day in school she said after she hung up the phone she couldn't sleep at all. I promised her I didn't make it up. But she still denied I saw what I saw.

I'm kind of amazed that this is a thing that seems others have experienced too.
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-12)
I think it may be possible that this could be another manifestation of the Shadow Beings (Hat Man, dark blobs, shadow animals, etc.) Whether you believe these entities to be good or evil - or somewhere in between - is a personal choice.
DarriuxDarkk (6 stories) (79 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-11)
it's the same thing with what I experienced but this was with a person in the middle of the night. It was one of my weirdest experience. I too am baffled with my experience if what it is.
MG (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-11)
Thank you to everybody for sharing their personal experiences/beliefs as to seeing or experiencing unexplained strange otherworldly stuff which is still mostly being considered 'taboo' It really helps, as the selfdoubt and denial sometimes obviously takes the upper hand.
MG (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-11)
Not to get too far away (or esotheric) from my honest & somewhat confusing experience and the basic 'red eyes' story as I described.

I feel as if, at the time when I was young 'open' and vulnerable, this negative energy was attracted to me. I always held a fairly healthy curiosity towards transcendence and 'darker' occult stuff. A medium at a seance once told me I was like a guide to lost spirits? (I don't really know what I was to think of that back then, and still) I've had my unhealthy share of OCD-like behaviour, but by means of 'enegry' guiding/influencing me. (i've grown stronger since) Back then it was like I was being toyed around up to a point where I didn't want to go out in public or mingle anymore. (I still hold a safe distance towards other people) In a sense I feel as if this 'negativity' couldn't get control over me and therefore played/plays other 'weaker' people on my path like puppets to play against me, like hurdles in life (like temporary devils minions) My life has been a real struggle and still is. I never gave in though. Like trouble that keeps distracting me away from becoming who I am supposed to be, or getting to my destination. (Bet that does sound esotheric, weird? I'm glad I haven't felt anthing like that in a long time now, but every now and then in a milder fashion, when i'm mentally exhausted or troubled. Anyhow... In a nutshell some of my 'esotheric' experiences/secrets
jlmellings (1 stories) (2 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-08-10)
Hello MG, very interesting read about the glowing red eyes and very scary as well but the same thing happened to me when I was about 8 years old but mine was in the loft and still scares me to this day thinking about it.

J.L.Mellings 👻👻
MG (1 stories) (3 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-08-09)
There was a lot of negative energy in the house, I think it might have been living there before my parents moved in, or it might have been summoned by all the conflicts. I was depressed and struggling with the knowledge of dying through events and doctrine of religeous affairs. I was tested for epilepsy because I woke up with scratches from time to time. Things went sour. I believe i'm an empath, with all the troubles in life I had to endure, never being understood and always (unnoticably at first) drawing negativity towards me. It always has a way of finding me without asking for it. Almost feels asif being cursed. I soak up bad energy when e.g. I'was at a friends house. They'd get relieved from my visit and I turned sick. But it has gone the other way round as well as to me being able to cast mysery or illness onto others when someone treated me really really bad, with myself also going a bit ill. At other times a sudden awareness came over me and saved me from very bad accidents... And much more stuff not directly related to the 'red eyes'
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-08-09)
Greetings, MG, and welcome to YGS.

It is good that you tried to find alternative explanations, first. As an 8-year-old, you must have been quite brave not react out of fear.

Dirt Creature makes a great point, "People will say that they are demons or evil spirits... It doesn't make sense..." Some supernatural or spiritual beings appear in a manner that we find scary, but it tends to be the *unfamiliarity* that upsets us.

In nature, there are terrifying things that look harmless, and harmless things that look terrifying, too. I happen to be scared of spiders; however, most of these disturbing arachnids are interested only in eating flies, moths, and mosquitos. One spider that *didn't* frighten me was the black widow! Instead of scuttling around, crouching, jumping, etc., it walked very slowly & elegantly across the wall of my bedroom; It knew what it was doing and it didn't react to my presence at all.

People tend to associate red glowing eyes with "evil" or "bad" because it is part of the "uncanny valley" phenomenon that is easy to depict in art, television, and film. It is unsettling to see something or someone familiar with just one or two details that do not look 'normal.' Sometimes, people have witnessed phenomena (such as glowing eyes) that an entity uses to provoke fear on purpose; however, your spirit/entity does not seem to have had any bad intention. Sometimes, odd things simply happen.

As you mentioned you've had other experiences, I'd like to read them, too.

Best,
Biblio.
Cuddlebear (4 stories) (173 posts)
+5
5 years ago (2019-08-09)
MG ~ I too have seen the glowing red eyes and it scared the bejeepers out of me and was in my 30's. In my case it turned out to be the reflection of the coffee machine power indicator reflected in double pane glass, but for all the world they appeared exactly as you described them. I'm not saying that's what you saw, but as an eight year old it would have scared the brown stinky stuff out of me!
Pinksweety (28 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-08-09)
I have seen 2 green glowing eyes without eyeballs staring at me from the ventilator around midnight. Before they appeared, The dogs howled in a chorus as if they acknowledged a presence or welcomed someone.
DirtCreature (guest)
+4
5 years ago (2019-08-08)
I have seen this as well. You described it perfectly. Two red almond shaped eyes but red all the way through. I saw this in my closet and I was not having sleep paralysis or waking from sleep either. I had just slipped into bed and was not tired at all. Then they appeared. I have always wondered what it was that was watching me. I was about 7 or 8 years old.

People will say that they are demons or evil spirits. I respect other's beliefs but that answer has never been enough for me. It doesn't make sense why this red eyed entity would watch over me for a night and disappear out of my life forever.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: