You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Entity that Wouldn't Leave

Real Ghost Stories

The Entity that Wouldn't Leave

 

There are four of us, siblings, in the family. I'm the oldest and there are three of us, girls, and the youngest is a boy. My brother is about seven years younger than I. At the time of the event that I'm about to relate, I was 16 and he was 9. He had his own bedroom, my two younger sisters were in one bedroom and I had my own, which connected to the my sisters' room.

After the incident with the Ouija Board, my brother and I saw weird shadows several times and we both suffered from very bad nightmares. It used to be very bad with him.

This one night, we were awakened by my brother screaming. This happened often enough and my mom would go in and console him until he fell asleep again. This time, the door to his bedroom wouldn't open. My dad thought that my brother had unknowingly locked the door from inside before he went to bed, so he went to fetch a screwdriver.

In the meantime, my brother is screaming in the bedroom. I turned the knob and it opened and I went in the room. My mother was right behind me, but the door slammed in her face. To this day, she still thinks that I did it, but I didn't. I went to my brother and he kept pointing towards a corner of the room, crying. When I looked, there it was... A shadow in the shape of a man. I couldn't distinguish facial features, except for maybe the eyes, although I couldn't explain to you what they really looked like. I could feel a lot of anger in the room and it was sort of contagious as I also felt getting angrier, instead of afraid after the initial shock of seeing this thing. The bedroom wasn't completely dark as my brother couldn't go to sleep without a night light, yet there it was, this thing standing in the corner.

I could hear my dad trying to get the door open and I grabbed my brother and walked towards the door, not turning my back to the shadow. We heard a sound that was between a laughter and a growl, very weird. At that point, I turned the door knob and was able to get the door open. My dad was standing there with the screwdriver. My mom took my brother to their bedroom and I told her that I was certain that there was something in the house.

The next day, I talked to my grandma, who was more open about these things since she had many experiences of her own. She talked to my mom about it, and my mom talked to a friend in her church. The house was blessed and things quieted down for a few days.

However, they started again and much worse. My brother and I saw the shadow several times after that. Our nightmares got worse. My dog, a miniature poodle named Blackie, would bark at the air and follow something around the house, barking. Things would move on their own.

To this day, my parents still live in that house. They have no experiences, unless they just don't want to tell. I live in the States now and every time that I go back to visit, my nights are sleepless. I don't know if it is my imagination, but it almost feels as if whatever it is, waits for me to be there to manifest itself. Maybe it has a bone to pick with me, so to speak... I don't know.

Other hauntings by LizBC

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LizBC, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Blisster (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-01)
Scary, never poke at the unknown.
Never know what you might get from it.
Me and my brother play with that board once, but luckily we never get too far to get ourselves into these things.
My mom saw us playing with it within the third minute of it and she stomped on it and smashed it. We got fuss at and that was it.
Lucky us, mom to the rescued.
LizBC (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-13)
Perhaps I will try the smudge ceremony next time that I visit. Although, I will probably have to do it when my mom is not around as she would have a problem with it, I'm sure.
My brother doesn't live there anymore and he doesn't have nightmares like he used to have when he was at home. I don't have nightmares as often either. My recurrent dreams that I've had since childhood have always recurred regardless of where I am, however.
I've had other experiences, some scary and some not as much. My grandma was very sensitive to these things and she used to say that maybe I was as well. However, the experiences that I've had don't seem to be related to the one at home.
Thanks to everyone for your comments and suggestions.
vang_er (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-10)
Whomever created that Ouji board is sycotic and mean. In my culture and beliefs is that if you open yourself to the spirit world, they will open themself to you. Whether you are finish with them or not.

I've never heard of "smudging" before, but in my culture we have something call "spirit calling" performed ONLY by shamans. This contains an animal sacrific in exchange for your spirit or to make THAT spirit leave you alone.

The Ouji board does not open a portal for the dead, it attracks the spirits that are ALREADY around you. [That is what I believe, strongly.] There are spirits of the dead around all of us all the time, everywhere. But if you tamper with them, they will do the same to you. When you played that game with your brother, you allowed the spirit to communicate with YOU. Maybe that's the reason why your PARENTS never feel or see it. ONLY you and your brother. I suggest the next time you enter your parents home, you should apologize to that spirit.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-10)
LizBC~ I agree with Kim, FRAWIN and whitebuffalo. The smudging ceremony I believe, as well as others, will only work if you BELIEVE! I couldn't add to this any more for you've received very good advise and information. I believe you did open a portal when you messed around with the Ouija board and you need to close it. Thanks for sharing your story, it sounds frightening.

SHELBY ❤
Kevan (10 stories) (50 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-09)
Wow. That sounds like it really scared your brother. I was interested in what you said about the half laugh, half growl thing. Me and my cousin Sean were in this old cemetery one night, and he said he heard a half laugh, half growl from his right near a tombstone, and when he looked he said there was somebody standing there. Kind of makes me wonder if they know we're going to freak out when we see them, and they can't help but crack up thinking about it.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-08)
I believe that the ritual itself is just a visual aid to reinforce the action you took. You have taken it to another level, you not only "feel" the action you've taken but you can see, smell and sometimes hear it too, utilizing your other senses as well. It is a show of strength on our part, for our own benefit. The use of the ritual without a belief would, in my opinion, be useless.So I would have to agree with whitebuffalo,it's FAITH.

FRAWIN ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-08)
Well...
It is my belief that smudging works much like anything else that you believe in. It is a ceremony performed, I guess that could be ritualistic, (a ritual is a set of actions that have symbolic meaning. It is usually associated with religion. A ceremony is an activity infused with ritual performed for a special occasion.)
It is MY belief that it works because the sacred herbs are used. I have total and complete FAITH that when I smudge, the Great Spirit will look favorably on the herbs and bless the proceedings, therefore making it work.
So, I guess FAITH is what makes it work.

Anyone else?
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-08)
I have a question. Is smudging a matter of belief or ritual? I guess I'am asking what makes it work? Or does one have to believe it will work? Anyone? Also Liz, do you have things happen to you now? Or only when you go home for a visit?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-08)
Kim and FRAWIN said it all, I think, Liz.
Fear is like a catalyst. When you add it to an encounter, things tend to heat up.
Regardless of how you managed to have communication with this Being, sometimes they do seem to hang on even in the wake of a house blessing. And I would think a smudging was in order.
Thank you.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
Hello Liz. Kim is giving you some very good advice. These beings or things are like deadbeat relatives- sometimes it takes quite a bit of urging to get them out of your house. Take back your space and put it on the road. Take Care and God Bless.

FRAWIN ❤
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
A quija board really stirs up some crap, doesn't it... It's good to hear that your parents don't say it's bothering them. I am curious about your brother too. Does he still have nightmares? What about you?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
Considering the 'incident' with the ouijia board, I would say that the problems you and your brother have had and have still when you visit are not all your imagination.

In my opinion, the 'incident' with the ouijia board undoubtedly opened a portal and 'something' not of our plane was able to enter, or manifest from the energy. I would agree that this 'thing' manifests itself with you and your brother, feeling the link to the portal is through you two.

I realize in your story, you have indicated that the house has been blessed. It may take a bit more than that for you to be comfortable and to rid yourself of this thing every time you visit invading your sleep and dreamscapes.

There are wonderful instructions on this site, one by Shane for a smudge ceremony. This is very effective. The use of lavendar befor sleep also very effective.

You should place at least one cross in each of the rooms, especially the bed rooms. Also, wear a crucifix at all times, one that has been blessed would be preferable.

When visiting next, DO NOT let it have the power of your fear and/or your anger! Take that power back! These 'things' use the energy to thrive and to manifest. Regardless of if the 'thing' is visual or not, tell 'it' it is not welome in your parents home in the name of the Lord! Tell it to leave and tell it you have taken the power back, let it know that its evil prescence will not be tolerated into affecting you any longer!

Also, I am curious, does your brother continue to suffer from night mares?
God Bless! Please keep us posted.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: