You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: My Ouija Board Experience

Real Ghost Stories

My Ouija Board Experience

 

I've been reading the stories on this site for quite a while now. The reason I do so is because I have always experienced paranormal activity. There are many stories that I could write about, but I decided to start with this one because I just read one of the latest stories and it is about a Ouija Board. Every time that I read or hear anything about Ouija Boards, it gets me very tense because I'm reminded of my own experience.

I was born and raised in Puerto Rico, on the south west coast. When I was about 15 years old, we had a neighbor that had several teenage kids and they owned one of these boards. But, before I get to the story, please be patient as I tell you of the background to the story.

Ever since I was a little kid, I've had three recurring dreams. They're all very vivid and very painful. In fact, I can't believe I'm writing this as I have only told of this dream to one other person in my whole life. In this dream, I'm walking down a street made of cobblestones. It is somewhat cold as I pass this glass window where I see my reflection. When I look at myself, I'm a man wearing an uniform that I now know to be German SS. I continue walking until I reach an intersection and I look towards a smaller street to my right. There is a family being held at gun point. I realize that one of the members of the family is my girlfriend and I run down the street, trying to stop the inevitable. Before I get to them, the soldier shoots the young woman in the head. That's when I wake up, always crying.

Needless to say, this is a very disturbing dream and I think I was six when I had it for the first time! As I got older, and I studied history, I became even more horrified of this dream, which, by the way, I still experience every so often. It is a dream that haunts me, not only because the murder is so clear and gory, but because of the reflection I see. That ideology is about as far away from who I am as you can get!

So, going back to the story, this particular summer night, we sat outside, playing dominos and cards for a while, sitting at a small table. My friend, Sara, decided that she wanted to use this Ouija Board. I thought that it was all stupid, but I went along. After about ten minutes, I was getting bored with it, thinking that one of them was moving it. Then, Sara asked the Board if it had a message for me. At this point, all the hair on my neck raised up and suddenly I felt very uncomfortable. The Board started moving and it spelled "NAZI". Needless to say, I became terrified. That dream was my secret and I had never told anyone! I then knew that the thing must be for real and it knew about my dream! I let go of it right away, stood up and stepped away from the table.

My friends, stunned at what the Board spelled, looked at me and let go of it as well. Unfortunately for us, this wasn't the end. The thing went berserk and spun several times very fast until it dropped on the sidewalk... All on its own! We all screamed and ran to our homes. My mom, who is a very religious person, scolded me for playing with the board.

After that, weird things started happening in both houses, ours and theirs. My brother became haunted by apparitions and nightmares on a regular basis and for years after that. I saw things and had some experiences that were very unpleasant. My mother never admitted it, but she also sensed stuff. She even asked someone from her church to come and bless the house. It didn't work! As a mater of fact, things got worse for a while. My parents still live there and when I go to visit (I left the island many years ago and live in the United States now after traveling all over Europe and living in Hawaii) I can still sense something there.

So, every time I read one of those Ouija stories, I get very concerned for the ones writing them. Ouija Boards are very dangerous and I won't come near one even if someone with a lot of experience and knowledge is using it.

As for my dream, I lived In Germany for 3 years. I joined the Army and did everything I could to get assigned there and was successful. I admit it was because I was hoping to make sense of the dream. Every time I visited a large city (in the dream the feeling I get is that of a large city) I looked very carefully to see if I could find the street in my dream. I think I found it in Munich. Perhaps now that others know of this dream, it will be somewhat of a relief. But, it still freaks me out to think that whatever entity spoke through the board that night, knew about it.

Other hauntings by LizBC

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LizBC, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Chrsw72 (22 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-08)
Your dream is a past life of yours... You have cell memory and remember it from long ago! Ask God to stop these dreams and he will!
Chrsw72 (22 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-11)
you were a german soodier in a former life and you still have memories of that life
gilky13 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-08)
I agree that Ouija Boards are incredibly dangerous. I have experienced 2 terrifying encounters with spirits after and during using the ouija board. I will only tell you about the first time. I am currently 19 years old and roughly 3 years ago myself and another 6 of my friends decided to try the ouija board as we thought it was a load of nonsense at the time and didn't see why our parents were so scared of them. We turned the lights off in the dining room and we sat at the table. The glass started moving and we all laughed because we thought one of us was taking the piss. However it spelled out the name of my friend Omar, we were in his house at the time. It then spelled out his grandfathers name and Omar assumed it was his grandfather trying to contact him and although a little scared he seemed more excited and surprised that the board had worked. After communicating for about 5 minutes we debated if it was his grandfather or not because his mum had said something about spirits pretending to be someone in order to get to you, or something along they lines, so we then asked if he meant any harm to any of us and it said yes. We then all got a little nervous as the spirit obviously wasn't his grandfather. We then asked why? It started spelling out different offensive words. It spelled out b***h,bastard,faggot and the glass was moving much much faster, it then spelled paki f**k, reffering to Omar as he's Asian. At that point his little brother started crying in fear and ran to his room. We stopped asking questions for a while and tried to calm down. We then asked who it wanted to harm and it spelled Omar. We were all terrified and we stopped playing and put it away. 4 of us stayed at Omars including his little brother and the rest went home chalk white. That night myself Omar and our friend Chris were awoken in the night by a smahsing in the kitchen we thought it might be his brother but we were to scared to investigate so we stayed put. Then we heard a rustling downstairs, and some banging as if someone was looking for something. We then heard noises which sounded like quiet footsteps in the hallway. We were all very alert apart from Omar who dismissed it and closed his eyes again thinking it was his brother. About 10 minutes later the bedroom door started to open slowly, I had my eyes shut trying not to look because I didn't want to shiat my pants lol Chris was pushing me and pushing me until I opened my eyes and at first I seen nothing, but after about 5seconds I seen what he was getting so worried about. There was a shadow of a mans hand reaching into the room. We pushed Omar to wake him up and he didn't have a clue what was happening so he jumped up and turned the light on but there was nothing there. We turned the light back off and kept the hall light on and the door open. About another sleepless hour went past and the shadow was back. The hand reaching into the room. The shadow stopped reaching in and it took a step inside the room where we could see the shadow clear as day. It was the shadow of a man, the shadow wasn't very big, the shadow looked as though the man was wearing a big top hat and a long coat, and it moved along the wall nearest the door reather slowly getting closer to the bed where Omar was lying with his eyes closed tight. Myself and Chris were almost crying. The shadow then leaned over him and pointed at him and then turned around and left the room. I don't think any of us slept for about a week after that night and we didn't see the shadow again, however Omar's little brother also claimed to have seen a man in a top hat that night and about 3 days later we told his mother about it and she said that must be the reason a shadow is at the bottom of her bed watching her at night. She ended up burning the Ouija board and destroying the glass, she also got someone in to rid the house of spirits or something like that but we don't know if it worked or not. Omar doesn't really talk about it and his mum doesn't want anyone talking about it in the house either. While I am writing this I'm getting crazy shivers down my spine, it still creeps me out thinking about it to this day. Omar had a reoccuring nightmare after that, of him being tied up on a chair and a small man standing watching him... I know it isn't the same sort of dream but I believe that what you experienced is real, I don't recommend using a ouija board at all. I don't understand how it works or anything about it, all I know is that it does work and that it can bring a lot of fear and discomfort into your life
evilkitty75 (4 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-04-22)
My people have a belief of past lives.
We believe that issues you have in this life,
Are as direct result of your past life. I agree with: 'Whitebuffalo' when he says that you must rid yourself of the misery and guilt you felt in this last life of your's. Instead learn from it, embrace it and grow spiritually. ❤
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-16)
It is absurd for any person today to say they never could or would have been a nazi or German soldier in the 1940s. These people were born between 1895 and 1930 and lived through the first world war and extreme poverty. They were raised in an era far removed from today's society with our cable tv and internet and were force indoctrinated to one view - nazi ideology from early childhood
Oh - and don't forget that they HAD NO CHOICE but to serve in hitlers armies. I am not saying or excusing attrocities of that place and time. If I had your dream experience I'd think the same as you. Interesting story.
deadbirdt98 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
I have a very similar dream. Currently I am in the us army stationed in landstuhl, germany.
Either way, I have had this dream since I was 8 I was just wondering that when you ran up to the other SS soldier to stop the firing was there another SS soldier somewhat behind him watching?
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-08)
that's a creepy story. That dream must have had some real significance to you if you joined the army just so you could explore streets in Germany. Did you do any research on the Munich area maybe to make more since of your dream? I've had crazy dreams where I'm a different person and it so realistic even sometimes I'm speaking a different language and its the most natural thing in the world to me. I'm glad they didn't repeat on and on like yours though. I hope you don't get the dreams anymore it sounds painful to have to keep having the same one.
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-20)
Amazing story. I hope you discover the meaning behind your dream. Though, turning your dream into a reality by joining the German Army isn't a wise move in my opinion. I don't have any experience or knowledge of such things, but were I in your position I think it would be best to let the dream come to me rather than persuing it. But then that's just me.

I wish Abby were still around. This is her area of expertise (I think).
nimrod (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-14)
Very interesting story.
I enjoyed it.
The dreams sound horrible, I hope you never experience that again.
ashleyfanluvher (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-10)
i haven't really experienced something like that but it sounds somewhat scary...
i liked reading your true story and found it very interesting. Please reply to this so I know you have read it thankyou
ashleyfanluvher
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-05)
Hi Liz,
I am sorry. I got to the second sentence in the third paragraph where you were describing the cobblestone road. I immediately got the picture of a very young Nazi Soldier looking urgently for a missing Jew.

I just went back up there and read the rest of the dream and the story. What I think you must do to rid yourself of these feelings of guilt is to remember, often, that you are no longer the German soldier that did things that, to you now, are simply pernicious. You must remember, Hun, that what has happened in a past life, things you did, said and participated in are NOT who you are now.
I wonder, did you have problems donning your uniform once you joined the service in this life? Ever have that "sinking feeling", a feeling of dread?
We are given second chances so that we can right what we feel we did wrong in the past. With each and every life we have the duty to learn what we can and fix what we are able.
Thank you.
LizBC (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-05)
I will try to address your comments. First of all, thank you for commenting on my story.
I must clarify that the board was used in an enclosed porch, but it was outside the house. When the board went crazy, the pointer flew through the open door, which was a double door, and onto the sidewalk. What I'm calling the sidewalk is actually a cement path from the house to the actual street. I have no idea whether these boards are not supposed to work outside, but it would seem to me that entities have no predilection unless they are attached to a specific structure. Whether being inside the enclosed porch made a difference, I don't know.
I have had the dream after I returned from Germany. I've always resisted the idea of past lives, don't know why. But, I suppose it is possible that the dream is related to a past life. There is a part of me that wants to know more and there is a part of me that does not. I do know that if I'm going to place it in a WWII timeline, it would have to be towards the middle or towards the end of the war as I can see signs of damage on the buildings as I'm walking through the streets. The damage could have been the result of bombings.
What bothers me the most is that whatever used the board to communicate did know about my dream. How? It just boggles my mind.
I'm certain that whatever came through did not leave any time soon after that. There was too much that happened after that incident and I'm also certain that we, as kids, had no idea of how to close any open portals. My younger brother and I were the most affected and the ones who had the most experiences.
chuzwuzum (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-04)
what I'm comfused about is you said that you were at a table playing with this ouija board and then it dropped to the SIDEWALK. Was this table outside? Also I didn't think ouija boards worked outdoors? I could be wrong just a query I have.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-04)
wow... I am sure anyone who has read commentts and stories on this site know of my opinion of ouijia boards. Phew! This is one of the reasons I am SOOOO adamant about them.
Who knows who (or what) was communicatting through that board, and in essence invading your dream and sleep states? Who knows if the portal ever really closed?
I am so glad that you are able to see past all of that now.

thanks for the story adn the excellent advice 😁
God Bless!
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-01)
Hello Liz. I wouldn't classify this as a dream but as a recollection. The only way that I can see for you to make sense of this dream/recollection is to force "youself" to finish the "dream". Thanks for sharing your story and God Bless.

FRAWIN 😊
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-01)
Hi Liz. What a horrible experience. The dreams themselves, the content and repetition, would be hard to deal with. I agree with Martin, some intense trauma from a past life is having an effect on you. Have you had the dreams since your tour of Germany? I'm looking forward to others stories from you. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-01)
Ramzey, it's not enough to just casually "wish Ouija boards didn't exist..." You may not use them. I didn't say "should not," I said "may not" --on my command! Ahahaa. Just kidding with you, but seriously, they're not toys at all.
😆

Playing with a ouija board is more like playing wiht a gun than a toy. Seriously, never, ever use one.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-01)
Ouiji boards are so dangerous and anyone that has one is "just danger waiting to happen" as far as I am concerned. I tried one in my teen years and that was a horrible experience.
Just wondering since I don't own an ouiji board nor will I, where is it made at? Or whom made by? Wonder if that have anything to do with the curses of it. Just my mind wondering.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-01)
Hello Liz. I very much agree about the Ouiji Board being evil. I have had bad experiences myself when I played one a few times when I was in my early teen years. They are nothing but trouble!

I have to agree with Martin, that your dream sounds like a past life trauma. If this is true, I cannot see another explaination.

In MY opinion, I really do not think that human beings, in one of their past lives, were "not so nice", as Shellie stated. Not to say that may not be true or anything because who knows for sure.

And another comment I would like to make is on the end of Ramzey's comment, I honestly do not believe that your dream will come true. Also, I do not thinki that 'ASTRAL TRAVEL" has anything to do with this situation.

This is only MY opinion, take it as you may. Martin's post/comment makes more since then what I have seen so far.

😊 Good luck. Thank you for sharing your VERY SCARY experience with us and keep us updated please. I am very interested in keeping updated on this story! This was QUITE the interesting story/experience!
SHELBY ❤ 😊
deathcipris (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-01)
The dream you speak of is very interesting indeed. I study World War II a lot specifically the European Theater of the war. If I had a little more info I maybe able to narrow this down for you even further.
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-01)
Hey Liz. I have had an horrible experience with a Quija Board too. My husband cursed me to the XXX of the board when he got mad at me for lying to him once about something very petty. We had played it the night before and that's the only spirit that will really talk to him for some reason. Let's just say I had to go to God in a church with a lot of prayer to help me. I kind of wish there wasn't such a thing as a Quija board, don't you? I do hope your dream doesn't ever come true ~ I'm sure it did in the past and somehow you are connected with it. Ever heard of Astral Travel? I think you would find your answer there. Well, maybe... Will you keep us posted?
Shellie (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-01)
If this "past life" is interfeqring with your preseant one, and it soundslike it is, you might try hipnosis. I have heard that it often helps you to understand what has happened, and come to tearms with it and move on. It sounds like it conssumes a big part of who you are. Everyone at one point or another was something not so nice in one of there lives. That is how our souls learn and grow.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
16 years ago (2008-02-01)
Hi Liz, it seems to me this dream could be related to a past life trauma. Just a thought.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: