You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: My Eyes Don't Lie

Real Ghost Stories

My Eyes Don't Lie

 

I grew up in a suburban neighborhood where the houses were built brand new. The land was farmland before they built the houses and belonged to the Rancocas Indians before that.

When I was a child, I would say around 5 or 6 years old, I had my first ghost encounter. It was Christmas Eve, I was sleeping in my bed when I was suddenly and rapidly awoken. I looked towards my bedroom door only to see a grayish/white entity looking dead at me. All I could make out was the head and shoulders. I called out "Santa?" a couple of times, being I was so young.

The entity disappeared down the hallway so I hopped out of bed to follow it. I was suddenly halted by the bedroom door, looking down the hall. The entity was standing at the end of the hall looking at me. I called out "Santa?" again. The entity had no legs from the knees down nor feet. It moved/floated towards the back of the house out of my view. I had a terror come over me so I jumped in bed and pulled the covers over my head. The next day, Christmas Day, I woke up with my covers over my head and was still afraid.

Years later my brother admitted to seeing the same type of entity at night and awoken by them. He checked the house to find nothing and all the doors locked.

When I was a young teenager I was up alone late one night playing video games. I felt like someone was behind me and the feeling of being watched disturbed me so that I checked the windows for peeping toms. It was getting late so I turned off the game, turned off the lights and headed towards my bedroom in the dark. Something or someone tapped or flicked me on the back of my head. I froze, I said aloud "Not now, I'm tired and want to go to bed." I didn't look back and continued to my room.

Only a couple of months after that head tapping, I was in the house alone with our family pet dog. My mother was outside doing some sweeping. Before I headed out the door to help my mother to clean up outside, I placed a drinking glass inside a cup that was inside a bowl. My mother said she didn't need help so I headed back inside where our dog was. When I got back inside the first thing I noticed was that the cup was removed from the bowl and the glass was inside the bowl. The glass would of had to have been lifted, cup removed and the glass put down in the bowl. I looked at the dog and he was acting funny like he was scared and happy I came back in.

The most recent experience is only a few years ago. I was asleep and I usually wear lounge pants to bed. Something was lifting the cuffs of the pants and letting go. I could feel the lounge pant cuffs lifting and dropping several times. I kicked my legs for whatever was there to stop. It stopped and hasn't happened since but, now it clicks the pens that I keep in my bedroom and moves stuff on the stand where my lamp is and pens are.

This event happened not long ago and is the best experience I ever had and in broad daylight too. I was sitting on my couch putting my socks and shoes on, I'd say it was near noon. I felt the aura of the room change, like all the electricity was sucked out of the living room. Tying one of my shoes, I could see shoes that were transparent about three to four feet away from me. I knew what it was so I didn't want to lose my gaze or blink. I slowly looked up keeping my eyes locked on the entity. I followed the shoes up, the pants were blue jeans in nature. The shirt looked like green flannel button up shirt with long sleeves that was tucked into the pant with a belt. It looked nicely kept, new looking but still transparent. The face was hard to make out being transparent and the dining room behind. But the hair was parted on the side and nicely combed, not messy. It vanished before my eyes and I had to share my experience with family since my grandfather that passed used to dress that way.

Other than my brother's experience and my own, the rest of my family members refuse to claim to have had experiences. My mother, though, has claimed to feel things walk by her and things being moved around. I did use the flashlight trick that paranormal investigators do and was in contact with someone who claimed not to be a relative nor knew who I was. My mom was there for that.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JuggaloJohn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JuggaloJohn (guest)
+2
4 years ago (2019-10-13)
I don't believe these are residual hauntings nor do I believe they're violent. I believe that I am sensitive and it runs in the family too. My aunt who's very close to me is a novice ghost hunter and we exchange our encounters. There was a tarot card reader that passed on my mother's side, we're Hungarian in ethnicity, which may have significance? Lol. I also had what I felt as evil experience as well which I brushed off. 🤔 🤔
JuggaloJohn (guest)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-13)
I want to thank everyone for their comments so far. The activity continues on a normal level. It seems like the ghosts are different in nature, not a single entity. I used the flashlight contact was used one evening during a storm that knocked out the power. My mother and I was in the living room, my brother was in his bedroom and my dad was in the kitchen. Sitting in the living room by candlelight I took my mini maglite flashlight and twisted it until the light just goes out (I saw this first on "Ghost Hunters"). I asked if anyone was here with us and to turn the flashlight on, please. It went on. I politely asked to turn it off, it went off, all on command. I continued to ask yes and no questions by having them either turn it off or on. The key is being polite by saying "please" and "thank you". You can use any twist on/off flashlight for this. One unexplained sighting I wanted to mention; one day I saw a ball of light go into a photo of my mom's wedding of her dad and of herself. My grandfather has passed, this is the ghost I've mentioned in my story. Was it him? I don't get scared so easy anymore. I remind myself that these were once people and I try to treat them with respect.
Goggzy (2 stories) (62 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-04)
Welcome to YGS John.

I agree with Glow I don't think the spirit/s are anything bad. I have a question though do you think this has been one spirit or multiple who could be just passing through.

I also believe you to be somewhat sensitive to spirits.
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (308 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-10-02)
Welcome to YGS Juggalo John, MWCL 😊 I'd like to hear more about the story on the flashlight trick. I've seen on TV how it's done, but to try it in real life, I don't know how I'd feel or what I'd do if I witnessed seeing one used in person. But it definitely would be an amazing experience. From what all you've said, it sounds like you're sensitive to the other side, to where you're more aware of it. I too have been the same since I was very little. It can get creepy at times, especially if you're alone, but I have to admit it's pretty awesome to experience or witness certain things that you're normally told isn't real. I'd love to hear more about your other experiences, and hope you'll be up for sharing more soon.
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-10-02)
These type of haunts usually go one of two ways: They either fade and flare over time becoming less and less active or they presage the beginnings of a true infestation-getting more serious over time. I hope this is the former.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-09-30)
Welcome to YGS.

John - in my opinion. This entity seems to be benign and, possibly, unaware that it is unnecessary for them to remain on this plane. Perhaps talking to them in a respectful way and explaining that its okay for them to move on and join their loved ones could help the spirit/s to cross over. It would be better not to talk to them.
Have you tried blessing or cleansing the place in accordance with your personal beliefs or asking for the help of a religious leader?

Keep us posted.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: