You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Is It A Human Or A Spirit?

Real Ghost Stories

Is It A Human Or A Spirit?

 

So, this is a bizarre kind of incident. I don't know what I should believe. Anyway here it goes.

This happened in May, which is the hottest month of the year. My cousin had flown down from the States and was visiting us. My mum had planned a dinner party and had invited my aunt, who lived a few blocks away.

The dinner party was great, everyone shared their experiences with the paranormal and stuff and overall had a jovial time. Around 11pm the power went out. We thought it would eventually come back on soon, but sadly it didn't.

Let me just give you a brief idea of my street. My widows face the street and there's a bank at the opposite end of the lane. Also, there are cars parked on my side of the road. With the power cut, the only light that was shining on the street was that of the bank's ATM. It didn't light up the entire lane, but was quite bright to see the road.

Anyway, due to the power cut I couldn't sleep, even with the fan working on full speed (we have a generator because of the constant power cuts). It was around 2:45 in the morning when I heard the dogs barking continuously and my parents were sound asleep. I thought to myself who would the dogs bark at during this time, so I got out of my bed and went straight to the window. Because of the light of the ATM I could see those dogs and they were all facing towards my direction and barking so I saw what were they barking at.

I don't know how to put these into words, but I could see a ghostly kind of figure walking, taking huge steps and because of the cars parked I couldn't figure out much. I rubbed my eyes thinking that it must be human and focused on it clearly. All I could see was those shadowy legs taking huge steps. It walked behind/through the car and when I could see it clearly I JUST SAW ITS LEGS, JUST BELOW THE TORSO. That shadowy figure just walked so fast and it suddenly disappeared, within seconds the dogs also stopped barking. At that moment I froze. I was so scared that I went back to bed and vowed that I won't get up even if there's a loud sound.

I'm pretty sure that it was no human because hours before I saw a man passing by and the dogs didn't bark at him. When I told my parents, they sort of believed me, but my cousins made fun of me, thinking it was just my hallucination because of the paranormal stuff we discussed.

Anyway, what do you guys think? Was it a human or a spirit? If it was a human, why didn't the dogs bark at it?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, thebeliever53, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

thebeliever53 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-10-10)
[at] ladyglow, i've always believed in the paranormal and this was my very first experience. You're right I need to do some research about any tragedy that has occurred lately, Anyway thank you so much for explaining it to me. Great pun BTW😜
Devil20 (1 posts)
-2
5 years ago (2019-10-09)
Lady-glow
He is saying that earlier when a man passed by no dog barked at him... But at 2:45 when he saw the dogs were barking... If it is a human as per him they shouldn't bark... But they did... I think his doubt must be this
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-10-09)
Thebeliever - in my opinion, there's not enough information in your narrative to know for sure what you saw that night.

Have you asked the neighbors if they saw the legs that night or if anyone has seen them before?
Are you aware if a tragic/violent death have happened on that street?
Do you know if one of the neighbors passed away on or around that day?

The fact that you only saw the lower part of the body doesn't mean that the spirit wasn't from a person, it is a know fact that some ghosts don't have enough energy to manifest as a whole body apparition.

As for the reason the dogs were barking, animals can sense spirits and know when something is off about people... Much more when it is only half a person!

You may not agree, but consider yourself lucky to have witnessed a proof that the unexplained exists and, other than scary, your experience was not only harmless, but armless and torsoless too.😜
thebeliever53 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-10-09)
[at] ladyglow, i'm sorry for the confusion, yes the dogs did bark but at the shadowy figure and not at the man passing by earlier! I would really like an insight about this experience! Thank you.
thebeliever53 (1 stories) (3 posts)
-2
5 years ago (2019-10-09)
[at] Cups Hi, sorry for the confusion, when the dogs were barking I saw the apparition. It was a shadowy figure, only the part below the torso. And yeah an hour ago I did see a man passing by but the dogs didn't bark at him. I've been really paranoid ever since!
Cups (7 stories) (159 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-10-08)
I'm confused also - are you referring to the fellow you'd seen passing in the street earlier?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-10-08)
I don't get it:

"It was around 2:45 in the morning when I heard the dogs barking continuously"

"If it was a human, why didn't the dogs bark at it?"

So, - did the dogs bark or not? 🤔

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: