You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Someone Wants to Bring Me Down

Real Ghost Stories

Someone Wants to Bring Me Down

 

I always sit in my armchair and either browse on the laptop or read a book next to the fire. I am absolutely certain the apartment I used to live in was haunted, but I have moved twice. Things haven't stopped happening though. I get a feeling like someone is watching me, and when you're alone in the house or you're taking a shower, the feeling doesn't feel very good.

As I was saying, I was sitting in the armchair. I was thirsty, so I got up for a drink of water. The minute I get up: BAM! Something pulls both my ankles and I nearly fall. I didn't, though. This happened more than four times. I don't think there is something wrong with my legs. I earnestly feel like I'm being pulled!

I have a pet rabbit. Rabbits are very sensitive, and they get disturbed when they feel things coming on. An earthquake, eclipse, etc. When they are feeling uncomfortable, they stay in one spot and don't stop trembling. Ears erect and ready to run. When they bolt, they snap their feet so fast that they hit the floor; Thus making a loud sound. My rabbit runs around like this for no reason. There is NO ONE but my family and me around, and he knows all of us.

One night, he got especially scared and scrambled into a corner. He was jammed and I had gotten him out before he did anything to himself. I went up to take my shower. As I was drying myself off and changing, I felt again someone watching me. I said: "If there is anyone in this house that is watching me, have the courtesy not to watch while I'm taking a shower or changing..." The presence left almost immediately.

What do you think?

Other hauntings by NightMaiden

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Greece

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NightMaiden, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Joie (1 stories) (39 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-13)
I think it could be that you have sensitivity and these things are drawn to you, or you have an object that could be haunted. More info would be needed.

It's good that it listens to you, though! Good luck, creepy story!
NightMaiden (6 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-12)
thank you for all the answers!
i haven't had another "ankle pulling" incident since then. I'm glad, because I was ready to check my feet out 😆!

Thanks again for the answers. My rabbit is still uneasy though. He doesn't seem to settle.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-11)
I don't think the ghost is trying to hurt you but wants you to know it's there. I agree with being firm about telling it to leave you alone or better yet go to the Light. Your pets are sensing it so I don't think you are imagining it.
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-11)
Hello. If I were you, I would tell whatever, whoever it is to leave in the name of the Lord. This is your home now and you don't need bothered by something that is disrupting your life. Hope all goes well.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-11)
Hi NightMaiden. I think that something has followed you to your different apartments. Pulling your ankles isn't an especially friendly gesture but the spirit doesn't seem to be threatening you. Since you don't want the attention from this ghost you could try asking it to leave. Firmly tell it that you need it to leave you alone, you don't want it in your house. Just tell it to pass on, there will be peace and loved ones waiting to guide it.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-11)
Sounds like a polite entity if it was willing to leave when you asked. I would speak aloud and tellit that it was time to cross over and find peace.

Keep us posted!
God Bless!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-11)
Hello NightMaiden,
Hmmm. I would think that if you told this "something" that you would appreciate it not observing you while showering and it has stopped, then you can sent it to The Other Side. It left almost immediately and it would appear that you felt nothing of it after that.
How about asking it to walk toward the Light and to leave your rabbit alone? I think if you have a ghost in the house, it seems to listen well, so it would be worth it to see if all occurrences stop.
Thank you.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-11)
NightMaiden,hi.
I found your story quite interesting as I have experienced something similar myself(not as intense as having my ankles pulled, mostly like a touch). I have felt it quite a few times and my reaction, apart from trying to restrain myself from screaming or running naked in the street, is to pretend that I ignore it. I also need to inform you that I have 4 dogs in my house and on several occasions(not only when I feel I'm being touched but even when I'm simply relaxing) they stop whatever it is that they're doing and, either stare at sth up high or sniff the air. My one female though who is very protective towards me has twice sat on my lap growling at an unseen intruder. A question, maybe a mere thought:since you have felt this presence in more than one house, could it be sth that follows you and not sth that simply resides in your new house? Maybe?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: