You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Series Of Unfortunate Events

Real Ghost Stories

A Series Of Unfortunate Events

 

Hey everyone, hope you're all doing well right now because you won't be after reading this...

To paint you the picture, I live in France more specifically Limoges with my roommates. So me and my roomies are pretty idiots, and we love doing urban explorations in supposed haunted places and with some searching we've found out that there was a haunted house about 2 hours from our place. I don't consider myself as a "believe in paranormal" kind of guy, but I am quite intrigued by all the phenomena that are happening and are shared on Youtube, Reddit and well yourghoststories.

Anyway me and my friends were looking for something spooky so we got into a house which is supposed to be haunted. We didn't really see something but there was a bizarre feeling when we've got into the house. First of all, the door was kind of hard to open, at some point I've thought that the doorknob would stay in my hand. So we got in and we've visited. Very dirty, dust everywhere, stairs were on the brink of collapsing, and we felt like someone or something was spying on us.

One of my roomies almost fell through a hole that was on the upstairs bedroom. Luckily, someone caught her before she dropped to a certain injury or even maybe death. But as I've said we didn't see much and we left after an hour spent in the house. What is interesting is what happened the day after the "visit". The next morning me and the 2 other had quite strange experiences. When I woke up, my left leg hurts really bad although I didn't hit something or fall during the trip. One of the roomie had weird nightmares about deaths, fires and sickness. The technology of the last one didn't work at all. The TV didn't show anything but a black screen and his PS4 kept on turning itself off. A little moment after that we even had to move because spiders and cockroaches spawned in our apartment which we never really understood because we've never had this kind of problem before and the apartment never showed any lack of hygiene.

Once again I'm not a believer but I gotta say that this series of unfortunate events really spooked me. We've never returned into the house, we've never really talked about it and it's fine by me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Aorn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-12-03)
Oh no! 😨 Seeing all those bugs like that makes me think something may have attached itself to you or your friends. Especially since you say it wasn't a problem before. I wouldn't go back there anymore either if I were you. Healing prayers sent your way!
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-11-26)
Aorn, if I didn't know better, then I think the possibility exists that some spiritual force may have attached itself to you. Please be careful!
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-11-24)
Hi Aorn,

I wouldn't agree that you and your friends were "idiots". "Reckless" might be closer to accurate.

You're very lucky that no one was injured. You're also lucky that you weren't caught trespassing.

I think that the phenomena that occured when you returned home might have been brought on by your own energy and expectations. Like a poltergeist or something.

I don't know much about poltergeists but I believe they are an attachment to specific persons or energies.

Please don't take me to be callous but I believe that when one goes out "looking for trouble" they almost always find it.

Thank you for sharing your experience and I hope you and your friends are more careful in the future!
- Maria ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: