You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: The Little Girl In The Pool Room

Real Ghost Stories

The Little Girl In The Pool Room

 

I live in Los Angeles and as you may know, there is a supposedly haunted ship called The Queen Mary. Anyway, I went to this ship on a tour, not really expecting anything to happen.

Well, the guide took us down to the pool room, where many of the guests that used the ship in the 50's and 60's swam. He was talking about a little girl who actually drowned in the pool when she was only 6 years old, and how there have been many sightings since then.

I wasn't really paying attention, and I kind of wandered away from the rest of the group in a secluded area of the pool room, but the people who joined us on the tour were still in my sight. Then I saw this flash of blue just ran past me, and I was obviously really freaked out. And then I heard this little laugh, like that of a child. It was really dark, so I couldn't see that well, but my phone has a little flashlight, so I used that. I turned around, and there are at least four pillars in the pool room. Behind one of them, I swear, God is my witness, I saw a little blonde girl in a blue party dress, just looking at me. I, at first thought she was in our group, so I said, "Hey, are you lost?" She just looked up at me and giggled the same way she did before. I just kind of walked away because I was getting really scared.

I walked back to the group, and I felt a tug on my shorts. I saw the little girl. The guide started saying how this girl was blonde, and wore a blue party dress. I was just looking at him. Then all of us heard the giggle. I was completely scared, and the guide said, "Okay, let's go everyone!"

Later on, we went in the Boiler Room. My dad was before me, but I was the last one out. I looked up at this long catwalk area made of sold iron. I heard that giggle again, and a little girl, the same little girl, ran past on the catwalk. I ran out of there so fast!

It is still so frightening to go back there. I went there once before when I was around 5, and I do remember seeing this very same little girl, wearing the same thing, and her and I having a conversation, then her just disappearing into thin air. I never told anyone this story until now.

I caught her on camera, because I was videotaping this event, and I still can't believe it today. I think she remembers me from 10 years ago.

I'm still so freaked out, I won't go back on that tour. It is way too weird for me, but it is really sad to see that girl still there, and not being able to move on.

I know what I saw, and I will always remember it for the rest of my life. If you ever go to the Queen Mary in Long Beach, CA, make sure to look for this girl. She is actually very friendly, but I'm not a fan of ghosts or the paranormal, yet I've had so many experiences. Ahh, just be careful if you go!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, iloveyou21, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-18)
Hi, I find it hard to take in what has been stated. First you said that you went to the tour without expecting anything. Then suddenly you see the little girl when the guide explained about the little girl drowned. Then you ask her if she was lost, then you ran away. All of them don't fit in. Again about your experience when you were 5 and you actually spoke to her? Please upload what you said you caught on the camera. I am not harsh but finding it difficult to accept as it has got a lot of aspects that could fit into a "story" and not an experience.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-17)
Interesting story. I found your last paragraph to be rather intriguing. You state that you are not a fan of ghosts or the paranormal however you have had many experiences of such. Also, I have never been to The Queen Mary but I have heard many stories of it. However; if I ever have the chance, I will go and hope to see the little girl or anything of the paranormal.

Just thought of something that has nothing to do with your story but I always get a kick out of some of the ghosthunter shows out there. I mean, their sole intent is to find evidence of the paranormal and the first chance they see something or feel something they run away like scared chickens. I think, well then why...okay, enough of that.

Back to your experience... Sounds really creepy and I hope you don't go back on that tour.

Zeta.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-15)
I agree with val and BadJuuJuu. It just doesn't add up that you wouldn't tell anybody about this little girl. I am also tripping over the fact that you saw her when you were 5 and had no problem having a conversation with her back then. But you see her again and now she freaks you out? It doesn't add up.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-15)
First thing that pops into my mind is power of suggestion. Seeing the girl after the tour guide had just talked about the girl is awfully coincidental.
I'm also wondering the same as Val, if you thought a small child was lost why just leave her and not even bother to tell anyone?
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-06-15)
verygood story, I would like to visit this ship... & I have noticed a lot of these stories talk about these entities or ghosts "moving on" or why can't they "move on"... Why should they move on? They probably want you to "move on"...
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
+3
11 years ago (2013-06-14)
iloveyou21, I don't wish to be rude, but I'm tripping over the fact that you saw this little girl, who you thought might be lost and you just walked away from her because you got scared. You didn't tell anyone? You didn't try and help her? You just left a small child alone? Am I missing something?
You mention having seen her before when you were 5 and that you had talked then. When did you remember that? Was it while you were asking her if she was lost?
Could you possibly upload the footage you have of her onto YouTube so that we could see it? That would be something to see! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: