You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Pool Time

Real Ghost Stories

Pool Time

 

My grandpa died in 2008 march 7th. It was a very big tragedy. My mom and I were just about to start volleyball practice, and we got a phone call from my grandma. I answered, and she was crying and then I knew exactly what had happened. She asked to talk to my mom, and I saw that tear run down her face, and I knew that it was grandpa.

We went home, and waited for my dad to do chores, and then we were on our way to Iowa City. When we got there we walked into the waiting room, and my whole family was there. They were all crying, as well as us, the nurse came out with him on the gurney. She told us, that he wasn't going to make it 24 hours... But he lived for 3 more days. Every day we got to go see him, and every time we got to see him, it felt like he was going to be ok. But, no one wanted to tell me that it wasn't going to be ok. We slept in the waiting room the first night, then went home and got some sleep, and then went back.

It was a sunny day when he died, and it was a sunny day when I saw him again... I was at a family friend's house, in their pool. No one else was in it but me. I went under water to find by surprise, his face! He smiled at me, and I smiled back. Then I came up for air. I went back down to sadly find that he wasn't there. I kept repeating that, until I finally gave up. But I never gave up on believing in him.

Believe in what you see!

R.I.P - Grandpa Dick

I love you!

JoJean

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Iowa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jojean78, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Gizmonian (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-04)
i'm still happy you got to see him. God bless him. He seems very kind.
Believer4Sure (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-02)
well its so nice, because he knew you wanted to see him again so he decided to "pop up" and to let you see him. So know you know hes watching you all the time from there on out. God Bless
gharr20 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-01)
my grandfather died before I was born and I also only see him in my dreams as well 😉 😉 ❤
23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-31)
Gorgeous! I'm sorry for your loss but glad as I'm sure he was that you got to see him one last time like that, happy and at peace ❤
kamui (1 stories) (56 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-31)
nice story and I felt teary eyed right there 😭 I always knew some ghost don't mean any harm, looking forward to hear more from you and God bless!
amiechococat (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
This is a nice story, my grandmother who I called mom because she raised me since I was born died in 2007 in my home. After she died I wished I could see her again and I do regularly but only in my dreams. That's good enough for me. 😁 ❤
haysw1012 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
this was beautiful, and a nice chance from the regular stuff on here.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: