You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Items :: The Stones

Real Ghost Stories

The Stones

 

I have always collected stones to make pendants. Most of the ones I collect are expensive, but good quality. Recently, an Ebay seller, who was selling stones, messaged me.

She told me that she knew my craft and that she had a few stones that she no longer wanted. They were going really cheap, so much so that it made me sceptical. She sent me a few pictures, with authentication certificates and I was happy to buy.

It's been 4 days since the stones arrived and I have been noticing some really weird stuff going on.

I was in my crafting room and I had to go out of the room for something. When I came back, the wire that the stone was in was snapped in three and the stone was the other side of the room. I genuinely freaked out. I put the stone back in the package and cleared up.

The second day, I had two different stones out and was drilling holes in them. The drill wasn't even making a dent. I put it down to the drill bit being blunt and went to the shelf to find a sharper one. While I was there, one of the stones hit me on the back. It just flew at me. Nothing in the room, nothing that could've caused it.

Yesterday, I had given up trying to do anything with the stones and was in a completely different room. I had cuts over my hands, which I assumed were caused by the wire work I had been doing. Although I can't remember how I hurt myself. There was a banging sound upstairs and I went to investigate. In my craft room, one of the stones was on my table. I'm sure I had put it away and it didn't explain the banging. Stones can't bounce up and down in my experience, so I don't know what caused the sound.

I went on Ebay to contact the seller. I wanted the stones gone. They were scaring me. The sellers account is gone, deleted. I decided that I wasn't going to give them to someone else and went out to the countryside to throw them away. I chucked them in the river and there was this screeching sound, like a woman wailing. I ran for my life.

Today there are no strange sounds, nothing weird happening. I feel happier.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sophiethunder, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-03-21)
Hello sophiethunder, thanks for sharing your experience. In our custom (I am from India), there are methods of cleansing a stone. We put the stones in pure cow milk in the night and we taken them off the next day, wash it and then only we will use it. Secondly, as far as diamonds are concerned, we are very careful. We just don't purchase diamonds or diamond rings. We deposit a certain amount, the cost of the diamond, to the seller, bring the diamond home and keep it for a day or two, maximum of a week. Because diamonds do have the effect of bringing good as well as bad. Only after a few days, we will confirm to the diamond merchant that we intend to purchase it.

So, perhaps the stones that you purchased might have had some negative energies or spirits. Anyway you have gotten rid of it. Hope there are no more strange happenings at home.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-03-16)
Rex-T,

Thank you! I knew that I saw it somewhere on this site. I believe it to be the truth.

Last summer, I was having a very difficult time. I went to the beach, down in Florida, and went swimming. I was eventually scared out of the water by a huge piece of seaweed that touched me...

That day, I was very sad. The next morning, I woke up and I could swear that I was a different person. Since then, I have given the credit for my change of heart to this visit to the ocean. The change of heart was permanent.

- Maria
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-03-15)
Lealeigh,

I am fairly certain that you are recalling a conversation that we were having with Sleeping-with-steve, quite some time ago.

Most Aussies, that have lived on the coast, love walking barefoot in the cool wet sand (including me). This practice does drain away tension and purify the soul.

There is definitely some form of affinity with moving water.

Just don't wade out too far and get caught in the rip.

Rex-T
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-03-15)
Lady-glow,

I don't know anything about the properties of stones; but I have an opinion about negativity.

Part of Rook's cleansing method advises you to stand in the grass, without shoes and let Mother Earth drain the negativity from you. Somewhere in the comments of another story, Rook was talking to someone who had been to the beach and reported feeling better and more positive after being down in the water.

I think that throwing the stones in the river might have been this kind of cleansing if the OP had thrown them in the river with that in mind; but I read no indication that she had any other wish for the stones, beyond being rid of them personally.

Ha! Maybe they are waiting in the mud of the riverbed like "The One Ring". Sorry, my sad attempt at making a joke.

- Maria
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-03-15)
A question for anyone who may have an answer:

In a case like this, is there a better option than just having to throw the stones into the river? Wouldn't that cause for the waters to get contaminated by the negative force that was in the gems?

Would it have been safe to use the stones after washing or cleansing them with water or some other method?

Well, that was more than one question... And a pity that the OP couldn't use the stones to create something beautiful with them.

Thanks in advance.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
4 years ago (2020-03-14)
sophiethunder, did you cleanse the stones when you got them? When
I bought my first amethyst, the shop owner emphasized cleansing it before using it. Who knows how many people handled the stones you bought and what energies attached to the stones.

I would definitely have tried cleansing before tossing them in the river. 🤔
GreenWitchx3 (1 stories) (9 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-03-14)
Hello ❤
I am interested, do you know anything about the stones or the person you bought from? Can you get info if you do not.
Also, I am a pagan priestess and if your open to it- I would love to guide you through a proper spiritual clense of both your space and the stones.
Please, if possible do not do anything with the stones until after a cleanse.
Nonliving things (like stones) cannot be possessed or alive or anything like that but spirits or energy can attach themselves, especially crystals. We use crystals a lot in witchcraft and spiritual healing as they important and carry a lot of energy.
If you have any time, I'd love to speak with you and hopefully help u sort this out.
sophiethunder (guest)
 
4 years ago (2020-03-10)
AugustaM
I had 2 Amethyst, 1 Agate and 2 Alexandrite.
I do look at the authentication certificates, but just to make sure they are genuine and good quality. I don't really memorize the type.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-03-10)
As to what the stones were - what did the certificates of authentication say? If you are big into making crafts with stones as your exposition seems to imply then, I would presume you would have a passing familiarity with your materials. If you look back in your eBay communications, the images the seller sent should still be there - there should also be a record of the listed items.
sophiethunder (guest)
 
4 years ago (2020-03-09)
Melda
I moved house and Natalie didn't follow me.
The wailing was scary and I have since tried to forget the noise.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-03-09)
sophiethunder - You have certainly had some unnerving experiences. I went back to your previous stories and read them again.

You say when you threw the stones in the river you heard a screeching sound, like a woman wailing. Scary indeed.

Is Natalie still in your life or did she disappear simultaneously with the disposal of the stones?

Regards, Melda
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-03-09)
Case closed. I would have done the same thing - that is, get rid of the stones. My curiosity would have caused me to scan the stones with my emf meter first. Your account is very interesting. What I cannot fathom is if the seller of the stones wanted to rid themselves of the stones, then they could have done what you did and throw them away. The fact that they chose to sell them instead indicates a malevolence behind the actions.
sophiethunder (guest)
+2
4 years ago (2020-03-09)
I've moved house and there has been no activity apart from the stones. It was definitely attached to the stones.
Rajine (14 stories) (741 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-03-08)
Hi I think it was a good idea for you to throw those stones away, my guess is that it might have even been used in some sort of negative ritual, or maybe a negative energy could be attached to them.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-03-08)
Attacked by an IFO (identified flying object)!

Are you sure this experience has nothing to do with Natalie and the sandwich maker ghost from your previous stories?
sophiethunder (guest)
 
4 years ago (2020-03-08)
Hi.
The boiler got sorted.
I'm not sure what the stones were, but they were nice.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-03-08)
Greetings, sophiethunder.

You do seem to have peculiar events in your life about once a year or so, don't you? (Did you ever get the boiler sorted out?)

Quick side-question to satisfy my own curiosity: Were these stones obsidian?

My thought on pitching them into the river is that you did the right thing. Flowing water --in several religious and magical traditions-- has the potential to wash away attachments, sins, curses, and the like; old British folklore has flowing water as an impediment to traveling spirits.

Once again, your tale provides interesting food for thought.

Best,
Biblio.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: